Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Glory Be

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Glory Be
« on: July 18, 2014, 03:33:18 PM »
The Braves set Dan Uggla free.  Well, not free.  They still owe him about $18 skwadrillion dollah.  But.....he gone!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Glory Be
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 05:21:47 PM »
The Braves set Dan Uggla free.  Well, not free.  They still owe him about $18 skwadrillion dollah.  But.....he gone!!!

Wow!  Definitely winning the series now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 09:25:56 AM »
Fingers crossed that the Cubs can get him for a steal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 10:33:20 PM »
Fingers crossed that the Cubs can get him for a steal.

Yeah, but he comes with baggage and short armed folks that can't carry it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 09:47:36 AM »

Yeah, but he comes with baggage and short armed folks that can't carry it.

Agree

Sent from my uber keen newest on the market iTablet7.1 that you don't have
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 11:31:55 AM »
Agree

Sent from my uber keen newest on the market iTablet7.1 that you don't have
^^Me Too!

Sent from my Motorola 2900 bagphone
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 03:01:38 PM »
^^Me Too!

Sent from my Motorola 2900 bagphone

Zack Morris bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 09:41:13 AM »
Braves owe 29 yr. old no hitting B.J. Upton 45M over the next three and a half years of his contract.
Good luck with that.

Atlanta has shown interest in starter David Price of the Rays and just lost out to the Diamondbacks for LH reliever Oliver Perez who was a far better choice than either Andrew Miller of Boston or Tony Sipp of Houston.
Not faring very well at the deadline.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 07:29:04 AM »
Braves owe 29 yr. old no hitting B.J. Upton 45M over the next three and a half years of his contract.
Good luck with that.

Atlanta has shown interest in starter David Price of the Rays and just lost out to the Diamondbacks for LH reliever Oliver Perez who was a far better choice than either Andrew Miller of Boston or Tony Sipp of Houston.
Not faring very well at the deadline.   

This is where I continue to point and laugh....You can't find a braves fan around here now.  They are all onto the other team that crashes and burns each year....UGA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 09:02:30 AM »
This is where I continue to point and laugh....You can't find a braves fan around here now.  They are all onto the other team that crashes and burns each year....UGA.
I've followed the Braves since the late 60's by radio and went to many games in the seventies and resided in Lithonia in the early eighties when a foundation was being built. Have never been a fair weather fan and have no favorite NFL team only players that I pull for be it local kids or those with an AU connection. It takes some fortitude to remain steadfast with clubs like Cleveland and Milwaukee and others such as Texas and the White Sox with only recent success.

UGA won a Natty in '80 and Dooleys record shows short spurts of success. Since his retirement I can't think of a more disappointing school where the state is intended asteeming with talent and it' a good thing George O'Leary falsified his resume because UGA would be a laughing stock with Tech rising to power.

I hate that Tracy Rocker is at Georgia and I know they are putting a lot of stock in Pruett, the new DC but they only have 4 returnees on defense. I can foresee two loses,   maybe even three. JMO!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:06:25 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 09:03:30 AM »
I was at the game last night. BJ actually hit and since he has been in the lead off spot, the Braves are like 18-10.
LaScallop is doing well at 2nd.

They definitely need that one big hitter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 09:17:44 AM »
I was at the game last night. BJ actually hit and since he has been in the lead off spot, the Braves are like 18-10.
LaScallop is doing well at 2nd.

They definitely need that one big hitter.
Yeah I'm more of a proponent of bringing in two to stagger and provide protection for our streaky longballers over say a Beltran or Texchiara. Hard to get JUST the right addition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 09:22:44 AM »
Yeah I'm more of a proponent of bringing in two to stagger and provide protection for our streaky longballers over say a Beltran or Texchiara. Hard to get JUST the right addition.

I'm in favor of the franchise moving.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 10:33:54 AM »
I've followed the Braves since the late 60's by radio and went to many games in the seventies and resided in Lithonia in the early eighties when a foundation was being built. Have never been a fair weather fan and have no favorite NFL team only players that I pull for be it local kids or those with an AU connection. It takes some fortitude to remain steadfast with clubs like Cleveland and Milwaukee and others such as Texas and the White Sox with only recent success.

UGA won a Natty in '80 and Dooleys record shows short spurts of success. Since his retirement I can't think of a more disappointing school where the state is intended asteeming with talent and it' a good thing George O'Leary falsified his resume because UGA would be a laughing stock with Tech rising to power.

I hate that Tracy Rocker is at Georgia and I know they are putting a lot of stock in Pruett, the new DC but they only have 4 returnees on defense. I can foresee two loses,   maybe even three. JMO!

If you looked at the starting 11 on FSU's D last year and watched the draft/combine, you could conclude that bobo the monkey could have ran the FSU defense last year and it still wouldn't have been bad. Their D talent was better than their O talent. Pruett is not a god. Nor was he last year at FSU.

UGA is also going to see that Grantham wasn't at the root of all of their issues as they claim. Common denominators are a bitch and one day their fanbase will figure out what one is.

Wait...this thread is about Dan Uggla?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 11:27:18 AM »
Wait...this thread is about Dan Uggla?

Who?

I know a kid named LaScallop that can play second base.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 11:30:54 AM »
Who?

I know a kid named LaScallop that can play second base.

Yeah, but can he look like a bad ass whilst striking out repeatedly?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 11:40:23 AM »
Yeah, but can he look like a bad ass whilst striking out repeatedly?

I'm not sure he accustomed to that act. And I hope he never does.

In all seriousness. How does one go from being a stud for five years to completely falling flat?

Is it the Braves? Will he go elsewhere and go back to being an all star?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 11:43:07 AM »
Danny boy was starting for the Giants last night against the Dodgers. The Giants are paying him $500K.  The Braves still owe him $18 million for the rest of this season and next season.  He's a lifetime .244 hitter and never came close to that as a Brave.  Had the guy just hit that paltry average, he would have been a superstar in the ATL. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."