Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

No Mention of The Big Hurt Being Inducted Into The Hall of Fame?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
And as a result, Auburn becomes the first SEC school to have a former player inducted into the baseball hall of fame.

And as a result of that, becomes the first SEC school to have a player in the Hall of Fame of all three major sports (Sir Charles for basketball & Frank Gatski for football). One of only ten in the country.

The best part of his speech:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:54:27 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: No Mention of The Big Hurt Being Inducted Into The Hall of Fame?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:30:19 AM »
Frank was another freak of nature that did not get the attention he deserved. As a football player, when he showed up to practice fall of '87, he was smooth. Here was this huge TE and ran and caught like a WR.

Until he banged his knee up and chose baseball, I thought he might be a future HOF in football. He was THAT talented. You could tell that as there aren't many big men that could play baseball, much less the way he did.
And he was a nice guy to boot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: No Mention of The Big Hurt Being Inducted Into The Hall of Fame?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 03:03:18 PM »
Talked to his HS Coach Last week. Nice guy.

But he didn't mention once in conversation he was heading to Cooperstown in a couple of days to be with Frank. He is still coaching at the HS Frank played at. Actually reminded me of Baird a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE