Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Malaysian Airplane Goes Down...Again

Malaysian Airplane Goes Down...Again
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:52:40 PM »
This time over the Ukraine. 

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/17/world/europe/ukraine-malaysia-airlines-crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

A Malaysia Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, crashed Thursday in eastern Ukraine.

Malaysia Airlines confirmed that it lost contact with Flight 17 and that the plane's last known position was over Ukrainian airspace, the airline said on Twitter.

The aircraft was "shot down" over Ukraine by "terrorists" operating a Buk surface-to-air missile system, according to the Facebook page of Anton Gerashchenko, adviser to the Ukrainian Interior Ministry. There were 280 passengers killed as well as 15 crew members, Gerashchenko's post reads.
The plane was shot down near the town on Torez in the Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine, according to the post, as it flew at about 10,000 meters (32,000 feet).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Malaysian Airplane Goes Down...Again
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 01:57:34 PM »
What's funny is that originally the "terrorists" issued a statement saying they thought they were shooting at a Ukranian fighter jet.  Then they quickly retracted that statement and said they don't possess the weapons to shoot an airliner down.  Even though they've been shooting down Ukranian planes for a few weeks now.  I think it's obvious what happened.

There were reportedly 23 US citizens on board the plane, so things might get interesting.  Especially since Russia gave them the weapon.  You have to have something military grade to shoot down a plane moving at 500+MPH at 33,000 feet.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:59:57 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 02:01:46 PM »
Supposedly numerous countries were represented on that plane.  Things willshould get interesting soon. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 02:45:45 PM »
At least they found this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 02:55:37 PM »
I think Malaysian Airlines should bid to become the exclusive carrier of the Alabama Crimson Tide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 04:22:26 PM »
Not sure how valid but saw a headline a few mins saying the missle may have been meant for Putin's plane.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 05:18:02 PM »
And in other news, Israel just shut the power off in Gaza and sent the ground troops in.  Netanyahoo said, "We'll work up a #6 on em'".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 05:24:34 PM »
Not sure how valid but saw a headline a few mins saying the missle may have been meant for Putin's plane.
Peculiar. Purportedly positioned and pointed at Putin's plane? Preposterous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 05:57:05 PM »
And in other news, Israel just shut the power off in Gaza and sent the ground troops in.  Netanyahoo said, "We'll work up a #6 on em'".

And our fine-upstanding Pres  is warning Netty about killing innocent Palestine children, but its ok if Hamas rains missiles down on Israel.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »
I think Malaysian Airlines should bid to become the exclusive carrier of the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Post of the year. I'm stealing that one, lol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 08:31:54 PM »

And our fine-upstanding Pres  is warning Netty about killing innocent Palestine children, but its ok if Hamas rains missiles down on Israel.   

Please don't bring up Turkish Nomads.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 07:20:20 AM »

We'll rape the @#$* out of them at the #6 dance later on
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 08:49:10 AM »
We'll rape the @#$* out of them at the #6 dance later on

Marvelous
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bgreene

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 08:56:39 AM »
Marvelous

Now go do, that voodoo, that you do, so well!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 09:23:06 AM »
As if this story couldn't get worse:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/crash-claims-top-aids-researchers-heading-to-melbourne-20140718-zuaw3.html#ixzz37mkAFtTn

About 100 of the 298 people killed in the Malaysia Airlines crash were heading to Melbourne for a major AIDS conference, conference attendees have been told.

Delegates at a pre-conference in Sydney were told on Friday morning that about 100 medical researchers, health workers and activists were on the plane that went down near the Russia-Ukraine border, including former International AIDS Society president Joep Lange.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 09:47:25 AM »
Note to self:

When flying ask pilot not to fly over countries at war.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 09:57:16 AM »
Please don't bring up Turkish Nomads.

dallas is correct.

If people would look back in some history books (real events not revisionist op ed crap), they would see that the Arabs/Muslims have been doing this for a LONG LONG time, and not just to the Jews. Somebody hits back at them? Why, of all the nerve!! How dare they retaliate.

Not a history book but a quick look at even Chizad's beloved Jimmy Wales internet invention shows pretty deep detail of how these guys have operated since the days of their leader, Muhammed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

The "jihad" and "terrorism" of the last half century is just another brick in the wall. Some of it has been perpetuated. But mostly its just how they are - brainwashed religious fanatics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 10:02:13 AM »
dallas is correct.

If people would look back in some history books (real events not revisionist op ed crap), they would see that the Arabs/Muslims have been doing this for a LONG LONG time, and not just to the Jews. Somebody hits back at them? Why, of all the nerve!! How dare they retaliate.

Not a history book but a quick look at even Chizad's beloved Jimmy Wales internet invention shows pretty deep detail of how these guys have operated since the days of their leader, Muhammed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

The "jihad" and "terrorism" of the last half century is just another brick in the wall. Some of it has been perpetuated. But mostly its just how they are - brainwashed religious fanatics.

Israel should find some way to get them the Homeland they so desperately claim to want.

And then shoot rockets into it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions