Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Damn, Scarbo's getting chippy

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Damn, Scarbo's getting chippy
« on: July 18, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
Seems like he's got a hard-on for Auburn lately.  First the arrest/discipline math debacle and now this:

If Matthews makes the most of his second chance at Second-Chance U as he sits out his transfer year, Richt will have to face him during the 2015 season.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/nick_marshall_tray_matthews_an.html

Minor, sure.  Petty, definitely.  Second-Chance U?  Fuck him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Damn, Scarbo's getting chippy
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 10:02:22 AM »
Seems like he's got a hard-on for Auburn lately.  First the arrest/discipline math debacle and now this:

Minor, sure.  Petty, definitely.  Second-Chance U?  Fuck him.

He's a writer...and he knows what state he writes in. Stoking the flames is all. Page hits, water cooler discussion, month before season starts....he knows what he's doing. I don't agree, but its a business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 10:11:13 AM »
Let alone Marshall doesn't even apply to that headline. He didn't transfer. He was dismissed, went the JUCO route, and was signed by Auburn. Richt would have absolutely no say in that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 10:12:42 AM »
He's a writer...and he knows what state he writes in. Stoking the flames is all. Page hits, water cooler discussion, month before season starts....he knows what he's doing. I don't agree, but its a business.

As Bobby Knight said, a business one step from prostitution.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 10:14:57 AM »
Let alone Marshall doesn't even apply to that headline. He didn't transfer. He was dismissed, went the JUCO route, and was signed by Auburn. Richt would have absolutely no say in that.

I love the smell of Twitter-battle in the morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 10:23:22 AM »
I'll take the Second Chance-U thing all day if it means getting players like Cam, Nick and Tray. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 10:41:42 AM »
It does look like he corrected his math (and went with a professorial theme) in his latest article. Looks like he he read the Never to Yield piece and took it to heart.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/07/nick_saban_has_discipline_on_h.html
Is Nick Saban too forgiving in the wake of Alabama's troubling off-season?
By Kevin Scarbinsky
on July 17, 2014 at 10:41 AM

HOOVER, Alabama - All the coaches who step up to the mike at SEC Media Days make an opening statement.

Not Nick Saban. He delivers a lecture worthy of a college professor.

A large part of the Alabama coach’s prepared remarks Thursday sounded like the first day of class. The subject: Intro to Adolescent Behavior 101.

It was a timely and thoughtful discourse.

Clearly Saban’s been thinking about the off-field behavior of his players, and with good reason. Since the Crimson Tide closed the 2013 season with losses in the Iron and Sugar bowls, six different players have been arrested or cited by police.

The list: Tony Brown (failure to obey and resisting arrest), Dee Hart (marijuana possession and giving false information), Altee Tenpenny (citation for marijuana possession), Dillon Lee (DUI), Kenyan Drake (obstructing governmental operations) and Jarran Reed (DUI).

Alabama said after his arrest that Hart was no longer with the team at the time he was busted.

None of the charges was a felony, but four or five arrests and one citation in six months is too many at any program, especially at a program such as Alabama, which prides itself on the resources it pours into the personal development of its players.

Since last August, when Geno Smith was arrested for driving under the influence, three different Alabama players have been popped for DUI alone, a troubling trend for a potentially tragic offense.

Saban, true to his oft-stated preference for discipline over punishment, said that the most recent arrestees, Drake and Reed, have been suspended from certain activities but haven’t been kicked off the team. They’ll be able to return in full when “they’re ready to come back and show a little bit more responsibility and discipline. … We’re not making that judgment right now.”

It’s understandable that no coach outlines every aspect of his disciplinary program for the public, and Saban as usual shared no details. It should be expected that Lee and Reed will be suspended for the season opener against West Virginia for their DUI arrests, as Smith was for the first game of 2013 for a similar charge.

It would send a stronger message than the very forgiving tone Saban adopted Thursday if he would announce those specific suspensions and make a clear statement about the dangers of drinking and driving. When he speaks, people usually listen. Witness the Alabama fans that crowded the hotel lobby as usual at Media Days.

The strongest statement Saban did make on the subject of discipline was this line: “I want you to know that there’s not one player, not one player, since I’ve been a head coach that I kicked off the team that ever went anywhere and amounted to anything.”

Interesting. Alabama doesn’t always tell the world when it dismisses a player, and players have been booted from other SEC programs and made the most of a second chance at another. Alabama itself has welcomed a former Georgia player in tight end Ty Flournoy-Smith, who left there for a junior college after running into trouble, and welcomed back D.J. Pettway.

You have to wonder if Saban, like a lot of coaches, is too willing to go the extra mile with his more impulsive players. He spoke about a greater divide than ever between his younger and older players in terms of maturity, a variation on the same point AJ McCarron made in trying to explain why last year’s team fell short of a three-peat.

You would think that, after ending last season with two losses, the players would’ve gotten Saban’s message about doing the right things on and off the field. The number of off-season brushes with the law suggests otherwise.

Correcting those issues is Saban’s challenge as much as answering the questions at quarterback, offensive line and defensive back, more on-field questions than Alabama has faced heading into fall camp in years.

“Discipline is developed off the field,” he said.

In that regard, Alabama has plenty of room for improvement before it sets foot in the Georgia Dome on opening day.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 12:12:04 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 10:49:58 AM »
Also, they keep saying Tenpenny was merely cited, trying to equate it to what happened to Marshall.

Tenpenny was arrested, but the charges were later dropped due to "good behavior"
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/04/alabama_rb_altee_tenpenny_coul.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 10:50:24 AM »
Nick Marshall, Tray Matthews and Auburn owe Mark Richt for doing the right thing

I'm confruzed.  Why is that the headline?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 11:11:11 AM »

Minor, sure.  Petty, definitely.  Second-Chance U?  fudge him.
I prefer "Dirty Dozen U".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 11:20:13 AM »
How many student athletes afforded a second chance become a menace to Scarbinsky's society?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 11:23:26 AM »
Nick Marshall, Tray Matthews and Auburn owe Mark Richt for doing the right thing

I'm confruzed.  Why is that the headline?

I was confused by the article as well.  I knew it was supposed to make Auburn fans upset, but I couldn't figure out his aim with the piece. 

I think what Scarbo is saying is that Mark Richt is a good person who instills proper discipline in the Georgia program.  Because Mark Richt does the "right thing," Auburn, whom one can infer is the corrupt organization in the conference, benefits by not having strict expectations for the players they sign. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 11:48:04 AM »
I was confused by the article as well.  I knew it was supposed to make Auburn fans upset, but I couldn't figure out his aim with the piece. 

I think what Scarbo is saying is that Mark Richt is a good person who instills proper discipline in the Georgia program.  Because Mark Richt does the "right thing," Auburn, whom one can infer is the corrupt organization in the conference, benefits by not having strict expectations for the players they sign PAY.

ftfy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 11:59:28 AM »
I clicked the linky dinky and that wasn't the title of the piece.  Not sure how that got in Chad's post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 12:13:55 PM »
I clicked the linky dinky and that wasn't the title of the piece.  Not sure how that got in Chad's post.
I'm not quite sure how I fucked that up either, but it's corrected.

This headline:
Was for the link Wes posted, where I commented that it didn't apply to Marshall.

They're two separate articles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 12:14:59 PM »
I, for one, am tired of the fudge ups on here fudgeing everything around here up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 12:18:58 PM »
I, for one, am tired of the fudge ups on here fudgeing everything around here up.

Our apologies.  Those responsible for the fuck ups have been sacked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 12:31:13 PM »
I think they all "deserve" a second chance. Have a heart wiregrasser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 12:36:05 PM »
I think they all "deserve" a second chance. Have a heart wiregrasser.
They can't help us win a single game. Fuck them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 01:01:40 PM »
I want you to know there's not one member -- not one member -- since I've been an admin that I've kicked off the board that ever went anywhere and amounted to anything and accomplished anything, posting or academically.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions