Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bayfest

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Bayfest
« on: July 14, 2014, 11:13:58 AM »
My company has helped sponsor Bayfest in Mobile for the last five or six years.  There have been some great lineups in the past, but the last couple of years it seemed to fall off.  Last year the lineup was so horrible that I didn't even go to any of the three nights and I told them that unless the talent improved, that was my last year to sponsor.

So far so good.  First lineup announcement came Friday.  It includes:

Earth Wind and Fire
Ludacris
Stone Temple Pilots
Kid Rock
Alabama
C-Lo Green
Bone Thugs
Foster the People
Joan Jett
Magic!
Thompson Square

It's a good start.   Hoping for a few more announcements to come but it's promising for sure.  Would like to see an Alice Cooper/Motley Crue/Poison/Bon Jovi type inclusion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Bayfest
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:37:38 AM »
Pretty decent!

Would be worth it to just see Joan Jett, Alabama, EWF, STP and Kid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:03:30 PM »
Pretty decent!

Would be worth it to just see Joan Jett, Alabama, EWF, STP and Kid.

I don't know so much about seeing Alabama anymore.  That last move over Mark Herndon kinda made me dislike them.  I wish I knew more about it.  If true that they sued him for money they overpaid him and then tried to keep a percentage of the net profits that he was entitled to, then what a dick move. 

Pop Evil wouldn't be a bad show to catch either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »
What????  No Jason Isbell??? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 01:12:31 PM »
What????  No Jason Isbell???

No Drive By Truckers either, but not every music festival can have it all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 01:33:36 PM »
I don't know so much about seeing Alabama anymore.  That last move over Mark Herndon kinda made me dislike them.  I wish I knew more about it.  If true that they sued him for money they overpaid him and then tried to keep a percentage of the net profits that he was entitled to, then what a dick move. 

Pop Evil wouldn't be a bad show to catch either.

Herndon is a prick.

Always been a problem child.

But in their day, they were badass. They was some straight beer drankin music.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 01:47:16 PM »
Herndon is a prick.

Always been a problem child.

But in their day, they were badass. They was some straight beer drankin music.

You're going to need to look up the term "bad ass"

Alabama was the beginning of the end of country music.  They laid the groundwork for turd burglars and frauds like Garth Brooks, Kenny Gayney and all the rest of the cowboy hat wearin' twits who wouldn't know a cow if it mounted them in a pasture. 

Alabama was bubble-gum corporate "country." 

George Jones was a bad ass. Johnny Cash was a bad ass. Alabama?  Bunch of pussies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »
George Jones wasn't bad ass.  He was just drunk.  And I liked about 2.41 of his songs.  And yes, I give Johnny Cash props as one of the all-time, Hall of Fame icons in the history of country music.  But...he didn't appeal to me at all.  I liked him about as much as Bob Dylan.  Totally recognize the contributions Cash and Jones etc. made to country music. Just didn't care for them.  And I'm not saying what's called country today bears any resemblance to the music of that era.  But it had to change. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 02:51:36 PM »
George Jones wasn't bad ass.  He was just drunk.  And I liked about 2.41 of his songs.  And yes, I give Johnny Cash props as one of the all-time, Hall of Fame icons in the history of country music.  But...he didn't appeal to me at all.  I liked him about as much as Bob Dylan.  Totally recognize the contributions Cash and Jones etc. made to country music. Just didn't care for them.  And I'm not saying what's called country today bears any resemblance to the music of that era.  But it had to change.

Did it have to change to sucking?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 02:57:03 PM »
Did it have to change to sucking?

Yes.  People just can't get enough songs about loading up some beer, a 5th of Beam and a girl in your pick up, driving down to the river and dancing around the bon fire.  George and Johnny just didn't have those kind of song writing skills.  But all is not lost in music.  Remember:

Good hip hop still exists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 03:02:56 PM »

Alabama was the beginning of the end of country music.  They laid the groundwork for turd burglars and frauds like Garth Brooks, Kenny Gayney and all the rest of the cowboy hat wearin' twits who wouldn't know a cow if it mounted them in a pasture. 

George Jones was a bad ass. Johnny Cash was a bad ass. Alabama?  Bunch of pussies.

Bullshit. They were straight up country and evolved over the years just like others have.

Band of the decade for the 80's. They just knew how to keep it moving. Everyone one else fell by the wayside.

This all came from their roots as a beach band. hey learned to incorporate what people liked into their songs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »
Bullshit. They were straight up country and evolved over the years just like others have.

Band of the decade for the 80's. They just knew how to keep it moving. Everyone one else fell by the wayside.

This all came from their roots as a beach band. hey learned to incorporate what people liked into their songs.

I absolutely HATE them and every single one of their songs.  They suck.  They're the equivalent of lukewarm cream of wheat.  No authenticity. No gravitas. 

Dixieland Delight -- which makes me want to murder kittens and bunnies -- begat every shitty dirt road, blue jean short, pickup truck suck ass song that came after it. 

They stole from Lionel Richie, stole from Kenny Rogers, stole from every pussy-fied sappy ass pop band that ever played -- including stuff I liked like Ambrosia, Air Supply, Leo Sayer etc. 

They are in the top ten of my list of bands that suck.  I'd like to nuke them off the stage.  Very few bands or performers I hate as much as I hate this bunch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »
So you're saying you don't like Alabama?

Randy Owen sang a solo at Dale Earnhardt's funeral.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 05:32:48 PM »
What happened to this state's American Idol contingent?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 09:35:18 PM »

Speaking of ass...youre a dumb one.

Their later shit in the 90s? Yeah. Cheap Seats, Dancing on the Blvd...yeah, those sucked ass. Their late 70's shit was very true. Look up a little on their backgrounds. They were real dudes singing real shit. Not even comparable to Chesney or Brooks. They are entertainers. Getting milked by some music producer for millions.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:37:42 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 11:47:40 PM »
Speaking of ass...youre a dumb one.

Their later shit in the 90s? Yeah. Cheap Seats, Dancing on the Blvd...yeah, those sucked ass. Their late 70's shit was very true. Look up a little on their backgrounds. They were real dudes singing real shit. Not even comparable to Chesney or Brooks. They are entertainers. Getting milked by some music producer for millions.

Don't care about their history or the fact that they may have had a decent song before they became famous. From 1980 on they were turd gurgling sellouts.

They are the Nickelback of country music.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 11:55:46 AM »
Don't care about their history or the fact that they may have had a decent song before they became famous. From 1980 on they were turd gurgling sellouts.

They are the Nickelback of country music.

Nickelback has 40+ #1 hits? I think the band you are looking for in your comparison is probably Rascal Flatts. Total gheyness.

I usually agree with you but not here hoss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE