Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Can't Miss?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Can't Miss?
« on: November 12, 2015, 01:04:03 AM »
http://www.jambase.com/Articles/127030/Report-Guns-N-Roses-Will-Soon-Announce-Reunion

GnR set to announce reunion tour.

This is one I would probably go out of my way to see.  Out of the country. Anywhere.   

But I worry that it will be watered down.  Van Halen with Roth this summer was dead.  Not good.  Just walking through the paces. 

Will an aged and portly Axl, a subdued Izzy, a restrained Slash, an addled Adler be able to capture the same frenetic magic that made the band such a force in the 90s?  Is there enough cocaine and alcohol to fuel a tour?

Sobered Motley Crue was really good except for Vince Neil's out of shape bumbling through some songs.  "Wazza huzza wuzza wazza FEEL GOOD, heeza uzza ma a fah ALL RIGHT! hufff, pant, huff, pant, huff, wheeze, Wazza huzza wuzza waahh FEE GAAH, huh a huh aaa AAAA RAAAHH" 

But the band was still good overall. Van Halen not so much.  Still want to see GNR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: Can't Miss?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 07:52:16 AM »
There's a video that was playing on DirecTV of Axl Rose doing a concert. He still has the chops. He's fat as fuck though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 08:21:40 AM »
There's a video that was playing on DirecTV of Axl Rose doing a concert. He still has the chops. He's fat as fuck though.

And we know Slash still has em from his recent work most notably with VR. If Axl can still belt, and Slash can still shred, they should be ok. I still have my Appetite For Destruction TAPE from the 80s that I bought the first month it was out in 1987. I can't believe I was allowed to buy it barely being double digits in age.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 04:14:46 PM »
Yeah, I was pumped about Motley Crue, but Alice Cooper put them to shame imnsho.
I will travel as far as Atlanta to see GnR though.  Maybe even Montgomery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.