Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lutz Killed in Car Accident

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Lutz Killed in Car Accident
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »
And what kind of name is Lutzenkirchen anyway?

I believe it is German for Touchdown Maker.

Nice dancing in the endzone.

I was not impressed.
My head hurts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2014, 12:25:33 AM »
At least the al.com vultures waited 24 hours.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/06/police_suspect_alcohol_use_in.html#incart_m-rpt-2

"Suspect" alcohol. 

It's already being used as a referendum on DUIs and seat belt use. 

From the comments:

Folks let's remember this holiday weekend that drinking and driving kills, speed kills, seatbelts save lives. These 3 things cost a fine young man his life. WDE Philip.

@Collins Take the alcohol out of the equation and Philip is at home right now. I would bet anything. Its been killing our children for years and it will continue to kill them in the future. Its more deadly than every illegal drug combined and yet you can buy it at the local convenience store. "Drink Responsibly" they say....... What a joke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2014, 09:45:26 AM »
At least the al.com vultures waited 24 hours.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/06/police_suspect_alcohol_use_in.html#incart_m-rpt-2

"Suspect" alcohol. 

It's already being used as a referendum on DUIs and seat belt use. 

From the comments:
It was a car full of dudes at 3am, so I would honestly be surprised if the driver had not been drinking. What else would they have been doing?

I highly doubt the driver abstained entirely from alcohol that night. He could have switched to water at some point in the night.

But considering this, probably not.
Davis failed to stop at a stop sign at a T-intersection, crossing an intersecting road and impacting a ditch at an unknown speed before traveling an additional 89 feet and striking another ditch, according to the report. The vehicle traveled further along the edge of a church driveway before hitting a fence, going airborne for 42 feet and overturning several times near Upper Big Springs and Lower Big Springs roads.

That being said, they could have waited for the toxicology results to return before posting a headline like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 10:46:02 AM »
It was a car full of dudes at 3am, so I would honestly be surprised if the driver had not been drinking. What else would they have been doing?

I highly doubt the driver abstained entirely from alcohol that night. He could have switched to water at some point in the night.

That being said, they could have waited for the toxicology results to return before posting a headline like that.

For them to put that out there, I am guessing they either saw containers at the scene or smelled it enough on 1 or more of them to know. Like you said, 3 am - what else would they be doing honestly?

Dude didn't hit the brakes at any point during that 500 ft journey that the vehicle went on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2014, 11:10:46 AM »
Rolling Toomers in silence I've been told. That's appropriate.

Makes me not care about much of anything. Makes me wonder what this is all about.

Numb.

I heard about it and was numb...then seeing it on the news made it hit home hard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »

Coming out now that alkyhall is a likely contributing factor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »
Coming out now that alkyhall is a likely contributing factor.

"Likely"

How about not saying that until is is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2014, 11:52:52 AM »
"Likely"

How about not saying that until is is.

What was/is being reported out of GA about the driver....not Lutz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2014, 12:44:12 PM »
What was/is being reported out of GA about the driver....not Lutz.

al.com said him too.  "Likely" 

Police suspect alcohol was used by each of the four occupants of a vehicle which crashed Sunday, killing former Auburn star Philip Lutzenkirchen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2014, 02:16:39 PM »
Likely, is what I first suspected with it being 3 a.m. but I'm not claiming to be a news reporter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2014, 02:30:32 PM »
al.com said him too.  "Likely"

The report I heard this morning only said "driver."

Honestly, as has been stated here, I don't think with 4 dudes out at 4am this comes as a surprise.  I suspected as much by the nature of the crash.  But Lutz wasn't driving.  He was a back seat passenger.  I guess one could argue that it's up to passengers to not get in the car with a drunk driver, but who is to say Lutz knew the driver was drunk, or that Lutz was drunk.  He was old enough to partake, but none of that justifies him being killed by a drunk driver.   This driver was killed too, so he can't be prosecuted.  I put a girl in the penitentiary not long ago for killing two of her passengers in a one car wreck.  She was hammered, and one of the two she killed was hammered, the other was stone cold sober.  They were joy riding in the woods.  She killed two, and seriously injured another.  All were military, and she had a spotless, exemplary military record.  She still had to pay for being a drunk driver and killing 2 people.  This tarnishes Lutz' memory in no way for me.  It's tragic, senseless, and sad.   
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:32:42 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2014, 02:37:34 PM »
It was three guys and one girl, given that her name was Elizabeth - she ws in back with Lutz and was injured.  The other injured front seat passenger was named Christian, so I am guessing that was a young man. 

So it wasn't just four dudes out partying.  And no, it in no way would tarnish my memory of Lutz. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 04:12:25 PM »
It was three guys and one girl, given that her name was Elizabeth - she ws in back with Lutz and was injured.  The other injured front seat passenger was named Christian, so I am guessing that was a young man. 

So it wasn't just four dudes out partying.  And no, it in no way would tarnish my memory of Lutz.
Correct. It was three dudes and a chick out partying.

Doesn't change anything. Agree that it in no way tarnishes his memory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2014, 10:02:31 PM »
I really hope that the University makes a noticeable tribute on the field for Lutz during the 2014 season. Man, the loss of this young man sucks so bad. Good thing I have had tons of work to keep my mind busy or I would have meditated on this entirely too much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »
Code: [Select]
http://vimeo.com/99529567
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2014, 01:20:22 PM »
Code: [Select]
http://vimeo.com/99529567

Dude, that brought tears for real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2014, 05:55:29 PM »
From Cam the Blessed One's Instagram:

cameron1newton
57 minutes ago

On this day I am mourning the death of a teammate, a friend, a brother Phillip Lutzenkirchen! Lutz (to everyone who knew him) lost his life in a severe car accident on early Sunday morning(June 29th, 2014)! I know for me it left me asking the question that so many of us ask when something of this magnitude happens..... WHY!?? But as I sit and think about it, I do know that GOD makes NO mistakes! If anything, for everyone who's sees this; I challenge you to forgive whatever someone did to you, tell/text someone "you love them", or even help someone who is having a "not so good day" because one thing I do know is that LIFE IS TO SHORT for someone to be holding grudges and for you not to be at peace with yourself at the end of the day! I guarantee that If anyone of us knew the EXACT year, the month, the day, the hour, the minute, or even the second we were going to leave this earth to meet our maker, WE ALL WOULD DO BETTER AND APPRECIATE THE PEOPLE IN OUR LIVES, NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCE: rich or poor! SO WHY NOT DO IT WHILE WE CAN!??? A wise man once told me "THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE", and I agree with that, so with that said, that includes family, friends, and relationships and the bond between each one. It cost NOTHING for a person to text, call, or even communicate to another their feelings and to FORG1VE and appreciate the BEAUTIFUL world we have the joy of living in each day! I will and hope everyone will join me in praying for the Lutzenkirchen family, for them to try to be at peace through this trying time in there lives! John 14:1-4 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” GOOD-BYE! Or should I say SEE YOU LATER "LUTZ"! See you on the other side of the pearly gates my teammate, my friend, MY BROTHER who was truly an AUburn Man! WAR EAGLE my man, WE WILL MISS YOU!! #GONEbutNEVERforgotten
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions