Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Golson Denied

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Golson Denied
« on: June 17, 2014, 02:34:25 PM »
Ole Miss transfer has appeal denied, won’t play for Auburn in 2014

Posted by John Taylor on June 17, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT

Austin Golson
AP

After leaving Ole Miss in mid-April, Austin Golson decided to become a walk-on at Auburn nearly a month later.  Because of sick grandparents, the offensive lineman appealed for a hardship waiver that would grant him immediate eligibility for 2014.

Unfortunately for the player, that appeal the move was unsuccessful.

AU line coach B.J. Grimes confirmed Monday night that Golson’s appeal to the NCAA was unsuccessful.  No reason was given for the denial.

Golson will take a redshirt for the 2014 season, then have three seasons of eligibility remaining beginning in 2015.

As a true freshman last season, Golson, a four-star 2013 recruit rated as the No. 9 tackle in the country, played in 12 games, mainly at the guard position.  He had considered signing with Auburn, as well as Alabama, coming out of high school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Golson Denied
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »
Hmm. Like all transfer appeals that are denied, it would be nice to see the reasons and also the overall demographics of approvals and denials.

This happens at the high school level also. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 03:12:09 PM »
Probably not a bad thing in the long run.  The line is pretty well set this season, barring injury.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 03:15:32 PM »
Probably not a bad thing in the long run.  The line is pretty well set this season, barring injury.
agreed. I didn't really expect this to fly with the Indy boys anyway. We are set for next yr. It will be good to have someone with game experience ready to jump in the following season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com