Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

In state recruits

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
In state recruits
« on: June 10, 2014, 03:07:06 PM »
Since Prowler has his birthday off, I will post this article which pretty much sums up what my inside sources are telling me. Except, expect 2 special surprises come signing day.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/decisions_coming_for_top_in-st.html
Decisions coming for top in-state recruits

Print
John Talty | jtalty@al.com By  John Talty | jtalty@al.com   
Follow on Twitter
on June 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Multiple highly recruited Alabama prospects have committed to programs since the last time AL.com checked in on the state's top prospects.

Florence linebacker Keaton Anderson committed to Alabama, Hoover linebacker Darrell Williams committed to Auburn and Minor defensive back Maurice Smitherman committed to Mississippi State in the last month.

Where do the rest of the state's top prospects stand in early June? AL.com takes a look at the latest recruiting news and possible decision dates with the Top 10 uncommitted in-state recruits.

Daron Payne, DT, Shades Valley

Schools: Alabama, Auburn

Decision date: Near National Signing Day

Skinny: The 6-foot-3, 320-pound defensive tackle recently told reporters that Alabama and Auburn are even. The five-star prospect grew up an Auburn fan and he recently attended Big Cat Weekend, but Alabama is still considered the team to beat for him.

Tyler Carr, OL, Southside-Gadsden

Schools: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia

Decision date: Possibly this week

Skinny: Carr has long planned an October decision, but could decide as early as this week. He recently told AL.com that he was aware of dwindling scholarship numbers at his top options and that could speed up his decision. Auburn is the believed favorite, but Alabama is also in the running.

Bradrick Shaw, RB, Hoover

Schools: Alabama, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt

Decision date: TBD

Recruiting skinny: Alabama is considered a favorite to land Shaw -- 50 percent of the Crystal Ball picks pegged him to the Tide -- but has yet to offer him a scholarship. Mississippi State and Vanderbilt are the current frontrunners, but keep an eye on which other schools offer Shaw a scholarship.

Richard McBryde, LB, Charles Henderson

Schools: Auburn, Kentucky, Alabama, Florida

Decision date: Summer

Recruiting skinny: McBryde told AL.com at Big Cat Weekend that Auburn was his leader and he was getting close to committing. Florida State is also in the picture for the 6-foot-2, 210-pound linebacker, but McBryde said Auburn has a big lead. He could be the next in-state recruit to commit to the Tigers.

Keith Mixon, RB, Shades Valley

Schools: Mississippi State, Auburn and Clemson

Decision date: After senior season

Recruiting skinny: Mississippi State continues to be the school to beat for the dynamic running back. Mixon recently visited Auburn and Alabama, and would love to pick up a scholarship from either in-state school, but neither has offered him yet. Mixon could try to follow teammate Daron Payne to a college.

Nick Gibson, RB, Pinson Valley

Schools: Alabama, Arkansas and Mississippi State

Decision date: Likely July

Recruiting skinny: Alabama is expected to land the 5-foot-11, 191-pound running back, according to his Crystal Ball on 247Sports, which is 100 percent to the Crimson Tide. Mississippi State continues to be a factor, however, and it could ultimately depend on how hard the Alabama staff pushes Gibson for a commitment. Gibson recently camped at Alabama, but plans to take additional visits.

Traveon Samuel, ATH, Central-Phenix City

Schools: Auburn, South Carolina and Florida State

Decision date: December

Recruiting skinny: The speedy 5-foot-8 athlete told AL.com that Auburn, South Carolina and Florida State are his top schools. Florida State is currently pushing the hardest for Samuel, but watch out for Alabama, his "dream school," if the Tide ever offer him a scholarship.

Darryl Williams, OL, Bessemer City

Schools: Auburn, Alabama, Florida State and Mississippi State

Decision date: Maybe summer

Recruiting skinny: Auburn is in the lead for the 6-foot-4, 300-pound offensive lineman. Florida State is closely behind Auburn and Alabama could jump in the picture in a big way if it offers Williams a scholarship. Williams could make a decision this summer, especially with scholarship offers drying up at his top options, but hasn't finalized anything yet.

Amonte Caban, LB, Smiths Station

Schools: Mississippi State, Tennessee, Clemson, South Carolina and Kentucky

Recruiting skinny: Caban told AL.com that Mississippi State is his top school, though programs like Tennessee have since entered the picture. The 6-foot-2, 210-pound linebacker visited Mississippi State last weekend and plans to take trips to Georgia, South Carolina and Clemson, among others.

Jauntavius Johnson, DL, Lincoln

Schools: Auburn, Alabama, Louisville and Southern Miss

Recruiting skinny: Johnson named Auburn his leader after attending the school's Big Cat Weekend. The 6-foot-4, 320-pound defensive tackle is expected to make a summer decision and the Tigers are the heavy favorite to land him. He also likes Alabama, but the Crimson Tide haven't offered him a scholarship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bgreene

Re: In state recruits
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »

Tyler Carr, OL, Southside-Gadsden

Schools: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia

Decision date: Possibly this week

Skinny: Carr has long planned an October decision, but could decide as early as this week. He recently told AL.com that he was aware of dwindling scholarship numbers at his top options and that could speed up his decision. Auburn is the believed favorite, but Alabama is also in the running.

I work here in Southside, and he is announcing today at 10:30.  So I am going to that and will post on his decision after.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:03:08 AM »
Keep it fair.  Keep it fair.

:miltie: :miltie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »
Saw that Jalen Harris (3* TE from Montgomery) is also supposed to announce today between Auburn and the turds.  Any insider info there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 09:39:15 AM »
I work here in Southside, and he is announcing today at 10:30.  So I am going to that and will post on his decision after.

If he doesn't pick Auburn, I believe his taillight is broken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »

But wait until he gets the new Charger first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bgreene

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 11:45:34 AM »

He just saved his taillights.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 11:48:26 AM »

He just saved his taillights.

In fact, even iffin he aint wearing his seatbelt, I say just let it slide. After all, he's a good boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bgreene

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 11:51:41 AM »
Best pic I could get.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

noxin

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 05:16:19 PM »
Best pic I could get.

Are you referring to the one on the left under your username?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »
Are you referring to the one on the left under your username?

How did you guess?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 03:54:58 PM »
Saw that Jalen Harris (3* TE from Montgomery) is also supposed to announce today between Auburn and the turds.  Any insider info there?

I think he will choose Auburn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 05:13:57 PM »
I think he will choose Auburn
You are not supposed to discuss inside info on here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 07:25:32 PM »
Btw, Auburn will be adding their 18th commitment tomorrow in Center Darryl Williams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 10:25:03 PM »
Btw, Auburn will be adding their 18th commitment tomorrow in Center Darryl Williams.

It's about time.  All Pearl has done so far is bring in guards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 10:33:49 PM »
It's about time.  All Pearl has done so far is bring in guards.

Crickets
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:36:47 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 07:14:55 AM »
Btw, Auburn will not be adding their 18th commitment today, in Center Darryl Williams. He was set to commit to Auburn, but with Auburn taking the 4th lineman Tuesday they've decided to take a step back and reevaluate the OL. Auburn does need a Center and one of the already committed prospects can move over, if need be (Kaleb Kim possibly)...also, the staff is on vacation for a week. So, Williams' commitment could come in a week or two, when the staff gets back, unless the staff wants to move in a different direction. One more thing, Williams has stated numerous times that he wants an offer from uat.

#Skreets
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:17:22 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »
Btw, Auburn will not be adding their 18th commitment today, in Center Darryl Williams. He was set to commit to Auburn, but with Auburn taking the 4th lineman Tuesday they've decided to take a step back and reevaluate the OL. Auburn does need a Center and one of the already committed prospects can move over, if need be (Kaleb Kim possibly)...also, the staff is on vacation for a week. So, Williams' commitment could come in a week or two, when the staff gets back, unless the staff wants to move in a different direction. One more thing, Williams has stated numerous times that he wants an offer from uat.

#Skreets
Unless he doesn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 12:18:57 PM »
Unless he doesn't.
Are you questioning Prowler's skreetz?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions