Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Silicon Valley-Hbo

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Silicon Valley-Hbo
« on: May 28, 2014, 12:22:47 PM »
It's pretty damn funny, written my Mike Judge
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Silicon Valley-Hbo
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 12:27:27 PM »
It's pretty damn funny, written my Mike Judge

Watch it. Like it.  Lesson: take the millions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »
Watch it. Like it.  Lesson: take the millions.
Yes always take the money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »
Great series.   Not great in a groundbreaking way.  Won't ever be considered in the same stratosphere of something like The Office, Cheers, Seinfeld, etc. But it was quirky and fun.  I hated Erlich at first, but grew to appreciate his character. 

Hope they don't try to pair Monica and Richard, that won't work for me.  Also thought they could have gotten more mileage out of Jared.  Thought he had big potential at the beginning but sort of turned into a one-note sexually off-kilter bit part that we've seen him play countless times on The Office and Playing House.  It was uneven at times (as are all Mike Judge efforts) but what isn't.  This was the best of Mike Judge.  Spot on social commentary.  Perfect character portraits, even if they are exaggerated.  I've hired or worked with every single one of those guys, including Erlich, in my years in the tech industry. 

The pompous self importance, the over-reliance on meaningless buzz words, the gross over-valuation of basic innovation all hit home.   

I look at as compared to idiotic cartoonism of a show like Big Bang Theory and it's miles above that silly claptrap.  It took the cardboard cutout clichés of Big Bang and made them human and realistic -- and significantly funnier. 

Not sure where it will go from here, but I'd like to see.

BTW, I didn't know but  the Peter Gregory guy died in the middle of the show's production -- which explains his absence in the last two shows which I found odd before I knew he was dead.  He was a big piece of that. Not sure how they fill that hole or explain him not being involved going forward.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 12:46:08 PM »
Great series.   Not great in a groundbreaking way.  Won't ever be considered in the same stratosphere of something like The Office, Cheers, Seinfeld, etc. But it was quirky and fun.  I hated Erlich at first, but grew to appreciate his character. 

Hope they don't try to pair Monica and Richard, that won't work for me.  Also thought they could have gotten more mileage out of Jared.  Thought he had big potential at the beginning but sort of turned into a one-note sexually off-kilter bit part that we've seen him play countless times on The Office and Playing House.  It was uneven at times (as are all Mike Judge efforts) but what isn't.  This was the best of Mike Judge.  Spot on social commentary.  Perfect character portraits, even if they are exaggerated.  I've hired or worked with every single one of those guys, including Erlich, in my years in the tech industry. 

The pompous self importance, the over-reliance on meaningless buzz words, the gross over-valuation of basic innovation all hit home.   

I look at as compared to idiotic cartoonism of a show like Big Bang Theory and it's miles above that silly claptrap.  It took the cardboard cutout clichés of Big Bang and made them human and realistic -- and significantly funnier. 

Not sure where it will go from here, but I'd like to see.

BTW, I didn't know but  the Peter Gregory guy died in the middle of the show's production -- which explains his absence in the last two shows which I found odd before I knew he was dead.  He was a big piece of that. Not sure how they fill that hole or explain him not being involved going forward.
Agree. Especially the comparison to Big Bang which I fucking loathe.

The show is Entourage for nerds.

I too didn't know that actor died until I saw the in memoriam at the end of the last episode. Will be hard to replace, as he was a big part of the show. Surprised they didn't re-shoot his scenes with another actor since they seemed to have plenty of time between his death & this show's airing. And while he was a major part of the show, he wasn't on screen all that much that this would be impossible.

I read that the reason they didn't do that was because how uniquely quirky he made the character and they didn't think anyone else would do 1/100th the job so they saw it better fit to just write around it. I can see that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 12:03:56 AM »
Can't wait for season 2, great read Kaos...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions