-Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Spurs vs Heat
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »
Agree...but it seems he almost conceded to Lebron getting his 20-25-30 points as long as he could shut down the rest of the team. If you'll notice in the 4th Lebron was gassed. Had nothing left. Pops > Spoelstra and its not even a close contest. Swap the coaches and the Heat probably win in 4. Pops is THAT good.

Word is they want Carmelo. Although I dont think thats the real solution, I would rid of Wade and get Melo in a heart beat. Wade's 12 points per game and 38% shooting is worth 19.1 mill a year (same as what LJ is making). I'd start with giving Mark Jackson or George Karl a call.
Wade I hope retires.  The problem I have is from a business perspective, is you are absolutely right Wade needs to go (so does Chalmers and Bosh, Chalmers is horrible and Bosh is a waste of a big man, he can't rebound for shit).  from a fan perspective though Wade is still my favorite player and like Zo Mourning he is Miami, I would love to see him finish his career there.  It would kill me to see him traded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 01:09:08 PM »
Bosh is a waste of a big man

There's the biggest problem.

The Heat can't capitalize when the Spurs miss, and the Spurs rarely miss. 

When you have a team that is consistent and productive like the Spurs, you can't go down 6-10 points without the threat of being blown out.  Where will the 9-2 runs come from if you can't get a freaking rebound? 

Though I will say this doesn't look like the same Heat team from the past few weeks.  The Heat don't have the best defense but this has been putrid. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 01:46:13 PM »
There's the biggest problem.

The Heat can't capitalize when the Spurs miss, and the Spurs rarely miss. 

When you have a team that is consistent and productive like the Spurs, you can't go down 6-10 points without the threat of being blown out.  Where will the 9-2 runs come from if you can't get a freaking rebound? 

Though I will say this doesn't look like the same Heat team from the past few weeks.  The Heat don't have the best defense but this has been putrid.

Bosh is a tall body...but not a big body. He is not physical. Duncan and Diaw are putting on a clinic in setting up plays, misdirection and spacing on the floor. Love or hate the Spurs, you have to summon huge respect for them. The way they play as a team is unreal. They run their plays tighter than a young nun's asshole.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:48:26 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 09:06:09 AM »
Incredible performance by the Spurs.  Even though I was rooting for the Heat, I'm in complete admiration of the type of team the Spurs have put together and the way they play basketball.  Tim Duncan deserves to be in discussion for top ten player of all time, and Coach Pop is more impressive to me than Phil Jackson. 

Lebron has to be gone from Miami after this.  Miami was pathetic when the going got tough.  Not getting easy shots?  Having to actually play defense?  Oh, let's just give up. 

Chalmers was exposed.  Wade showed his age.  Bosh disappeared.  Battier despite his experience made too many bonehead moves.  Ray Allen lost his touch - what the hell was he doing driving to the basket so often anyway?  They had no inside presence and despite being built for speed and athleticism, they looked chaotic, unorganized, and slow against the pass-happy and quality shooting Spurs. 

Despite being vastly outplayed, Lebron still had a good performance.  He can't do it all though, and it'll be interesting to see what city gets to host the next "big 3" team when Lebron jumps ship. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 09:26:42 AM »
Incredible performance by the Spurs.  Even though I was rooting for the Heat, I'm in complete admiration of the type of team the Spurs have put together and the way they play basketball.  Tim Duncan deserves to be in discussion for top ten player of all time, and Coach Pop is more impressive to me than Phil Jackson. 

Lebron has to be gone from Miami after this.  Miami was pathetic when the going got tough.  Not getting easy shots?  Having to actually play defense?  Oh, let's just give up. 

Chalmers was exposed.  Wade showed his age.  Bosh disappeared.  Battier despite his experience made too many bonehead moves.  Ray Allen lost his touch - what the hell was he doing driving to the basket so often anyway?  They had no inside presence and despite being built for speed and athleticism, they looked chaotic, unorganized, and slow against the pass-happy and quality shooting Spurs. 

Despite being vastly outplayed, Lebron still had a good performance.  He can't do it all though, and it'll be interesting to see what city gets to host the next "big 3" team when Lebron jumps ship.

Totally agree... on all of it.

Lebron is basically back in Cleveland again. A superstar with a weak supporting cast who don't seem to give a shit. Not sure I have ever seen a team with big guys taking so many three point shots who have no business doing so.

Have to hand it to the Spurs - they are awesome. Huge respect. They put on a friggin clinic during these finals. I think ESPN said it was the biggest point differential per game during a finals in history (modern era). Ill give Ray Allen credit, he was at least trying to do something. Too bad he forgot he's a shooter and not an attacker. Oh, and he's also like 61 or something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 11:04:15 AM »

They are the second best team in the NBA. I don't get (not just your criticism) but all of the piling on the Heat.

I hate the Heat. I've never liked Lebron. I think he's a pussycat , although the best playa in the NBA. Durant gonna catch him next year though. But I don't think it's like they completely threw in the towel. They were beaten by a better team when the chips were down. I don't care what nobody say! The Spurs are a better team from top to bottom. Maybe not as individual players but they have a great team. They play some old timey basketball like WT likes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 03:33:10 PM »
They are the second best team in the NBA. I don't get (not just your criticism) but all of the piling on the Heat.

I hate the Heat. I've never liked Lebron. I think he's a pussycat , although the best playa in the NBA. Durant gonna catch him next year though. But I don't think it's like they completely threw in the towel. They were beaten by a better team when the chips were down. I don't care what nobody say! The Spurs are a better team from top to bottom. Maybe not as individual players but they have a great team. They play some old timey basketball like WT likes.

The Heat you saw in the Finals was not the Heat from 5-7 weeks ago. They literally looked like they could careless in the Finals. You did not see the best of both teams facing off. Regardless, the Spurs are a very good team anyway. And they won. Being the best team requires being able to be good when it counts and they did that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 03:50:35 PM »

That performance was dog shit.   

Yes, the Heat were the 2nd best team and sometimes the 2nd best team - and even further down in ranking - can beat the 1st ranked team.

The Spurs were playing good basketball.  In return, the Heat needed to play good basketball.  But they didn't.  They threw in the towel. 

The last three games were so lopsided, I can't even tell you who on the Heat contributed to their measly point totals besides Lebron.  James had a few key shots and a few good moments early in the games but when the Heat as a team needed to turn on the competitive edge, they didn't.  Wade was tired.  Bosh was...somewhere he shouldn't have been.  Birdman was the only guy out there trying to get a rebound.  Chalmers was throwing bricks.  Ray Allen was missing 3 pointers and driving to the basket. 

By the end of last night's game, Spolstra had run out of so many ideas that he put Michael Beasley in to be the spark. 

The reason why everyone is piling on them is because that team gave up in a championship series.  There are no excuses for that.  Not age.  Not money.  Nothing.  There is no reason to lose your edge in a championship game.  That goes for the Heat, the Broncos, Notre Dame, and LSU in recent years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2014, 04:31:16 PM »
That performance was dog shoot.   

Yes, the Heat were the 2nd best team and sometimes the 2nd best team - and even further down in ranking - can beat the 1st ranked team.

The Spurs were playing good basketball.  In return, the Heat needed to play good basketball.  But they didn't.  They threw in the towel. 

The last three games were so lopsided, I can't even tell you who on the Heat contributed to their measly point totals besides Lebron.  James had a few key shots and a few good moments early in the games but when the Heat as a team needed to turn on the competitive edge, they didn't.  Wade was tired.  Bosh was...somewhere he shouldn't have been.  Birdman was the only guy out there trying to get a rebound.  Chalmers was throwing bricks.  Ray Allen was missing 3 pointers and driving to the basket. 

By the end of last night's game, Spolstra had run out of so many ideas that he put Michael Beasley in to be the spark. 

The reason why everyone is piling on them is because that team gave up in a championship series.  There are no excuses for that.  Not age.  Not money.  Nothing.  There is no reason to lose your edge in a championship game.  That goes for the Heat, the Broncos, Notre Dame, and LSU in recent years.
They "gave up" because they were getting that ass whipped by a superior team and there was not anything they could do about it. It's precisely what you would do against me in a caged Mixed Martial Arts match. Give them a break.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2014, 09:40:59 AM »
They "gave up" because they were getting that ass whipped by a superior team and there was not anything they could do about it. It's precisely what you would do against me in a caged Mixed Martial Arts match. Give them a break.

Even when they were up 16 points after 1 quarter? They were getting their asses kicked then too?

They gave up after being up 16 points early in a Finals Game. I hardly think you can credit that to "getting that ass whipped".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2014, 10:46:43 AM »
Even when they were up 16 points after 1 quarter? They were getting their asses kicked then too?

They gave up after being up 16 points early in a Finals Game. I hardly think you can credit that to "getting that ass whipped".
Yes, my friend. Getting that ass whipped would not include the period in the game in which the Heat were up by 16. This is an astute observation. The final score and period does include the ass whipping section of the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2014, 11:04:05 AM »
Yes, my friend. Getting that ass whipped would not include the period in the game in which the Heat were up by 16. This is an astute observation. The final score and period does include the ass whipping section of the game.

Simply put, the Heat are one big head case. Regardless of getting their asses kicked or doing the ass kicking. It takes a special kind of Coach to manage that and I am not sure the one they have knows what to do at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE