Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big Cat 2014

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Big Cat 2014
« on: May 28, 2014, 04:47:05 PM »
Someone on here had posted something about it being last weekend. That's how rumors get started by people who do not know what they are talking about. Watch the vid.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/5-star_super_show_elite_prospe.html#incart_big-photo
5-Star Super Show: Big Cat Weekend

In the latest episode of the 5-Star Super Show, AL.com's Matt Scalici and Wesley Sinor preview Auburn's Big Cat Weekend with some actual big cats. (Wesley Sinor/wsinor@al.com)

Print
Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com By  Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM, updated May 28, 2014 at 1:27 PM
You've waited long enough.

After a three-week break, we're back with a brand new episode of the 5-Star Super Show!

In today's episode, AL.com's Matt Scalici and Wesley Sinor preview Auburn's annual Big Cat Weekend as the Tigers host a number of their top commits and targets. Quarterback Torrance Gibson, linebacker Jeffery Holland and receiver Christian Kirk are among those expected to participate.

Check out the episode above, which was filmed at The Birmingham Zoo, and stay tuned for more 5-Star Super Shows on Wednesdays right here on AL.com!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Big Cat 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 03:21:18 PM »
Just saw where they got Daron Payne on campus for BCW.  Wasn't expected to come.  Someone roll out that tricked out Charger for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 04:58:43 PM »
#2 Fullback in the country Chandler Cox just committed via Twitter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 08:26:57 PM »
He's cut from the same cloth as Heath Evans, Brandon Johnson, Jake Slaughter & Jay Prosch. I just wish he was on last year's committed list...cause we need him this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 09:38:16 PM »

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddbX9
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 10:28:14 AM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Big-Cat-Weekend-what-we-learned-from-Auburn-28922843
Big Cat Weekend: what we learned
Keith Niebuhr

Auburn hosted Big Cat Weekend — its signature recruiting event — on Saturday. Here are five things we learned ...

5-star QB target Torrance Gibson now calls Auburn his leader.

1. No commitments, no problem: The Tigers didn’t get a single commitment from a prospect at the event (Saturday’s verbal came from Chandler Cox, who couldn’t make it), but it is doubtful anyone at Auburn HQ was complaining. For starters, Auburn already has 15 commitments. By comparison, last year the Tigers had about one-third of that entering the event, so a few pickups at BCW were critical.

Now? Not so much.

Auburn’s staff is off to such a quick start for 2015 it now is focused on some pretty big fish — the kind of prospects that don’t typically decide early. With those players, the Tigers weren’t putting the finishing touches on things, they were laying the groundwork for the long ride ahead.

While it’s always nice to get a pledge or two during a big weekend, there really is no sense of urgency at Auburn right now. The Tigers are ahead of schedule. Judging by the comments of the players on hand Saturday, Big Cat Weekend was a success. The commits bonded with each other. The targets seemed impressed by the laid-back atmosphere. A handful of uncommitted players now call Auburn their leader. And, the Tigers made a strong impression on the players committed elsewhere that attended. Despite the lack of a public commitment, the word is the Auburn staff was thrilled with the turnout and the response from those at the event.

One 5-star recruit on hand, QB target Torrance Gibson, said Auburn has moved ahead of Tennessee. The No. 1 player in the country, DT Trent Thompson of Albany (Ga.), said the Tigers are getting “close” to his leader, Georgia. Five-star DT Daron Payne said Auburn is pretty much even now with longtime favorite Alabama.

@quick_tg6
Just leaving Auburn. I had a AWESOME "Big Cat Weekend" #WarEagle #WDE

Going down the list of attendees not already committed to the Tigers, Auburn seemed to improve its standing with most.

2. On the map: Big Cat Weekend was a big deal, thanks to the ridiculous collection of talent on hand. The No. 1 prospect showed up. All told, four 5-star recruits were there. The No. 1-ranked junior college player was on hand. An Alabama commit made the trip. So did a Georgia commit. Two touted recruits drove all the way from Fort Lauderdale. Nationally, it was a slow recruiting day. Because of that, recruitniks from coast to coast, and probably other prospects too, no doubt were following what was happening — and what was said — in Auburn.

3. Retention plan: In business, it’s not all about landing new clients. It’s also about retaining old ones. Same thing in recruiting. Not only is a coaching staff trying to score commits, it has to hold onto the ones it already has. On Saturday, 12 of Auburn's 15 commits attended Big Cat Weekend. OL Marquel Harrell had a prior obligation, DB Ben Edwards had to attend a family function and FB Chandler Cox played a game Friday evening near Tampa — so none of them could make else. All the others, however, were there. The commits who made it to Auburn on Saturday all seemed to have a good time. A few, such as QB Tyler Queen, spent a good bit of time recruiting. Afterward, AUC chatted with several of the Auburn commits and the comments were nearly identical. Each felt the event was a success. One, ATH D’Anfernee McGriff, told us his commitment was even stronger after Big Cat Weekend.

@Dmcgriff1
Blessed! Can't wait to play in this jersey!

4. Numero Uno: Auburn has to feel as good as ever about its chances with No. 1 overall 247Sports Composite prospect Trent Thompson. Thompson, who the previous weekend told AUC that while Georgia still led, Auburn was getting close, said after Big Cat Weekend that Auburn was recruiting him the hardest. Not only that, but Thomson added the Tigers also are recruiting his mother the hardest. Thompson’s mom is a major person in his recruitment. Make no mistake, Georgia remains the favorite, but perhaps it no longer is the slam dunk many thought it would be just a few weeks ago.

5. Flip this commit: Two of Auburn’s biggest guests Saturday were 5-star Georgia ATH commit Terry Godwin and 4-star Alabama DL commit Jonathan Ledbetter. Godwin now is saying everybody is “neck and neck,” which for Auburn has to be seen as a positive. He said he won’t make a final decision until the very end of the recruiting cycle. As for Ledbetter, Auburn now seems to be a major player in his recruitment. He has visited both Auburn and Georgia twice since committing to Alabama in January. During the same period, he has been to Tuscaloosa only once. A year ago, Auburn flipped several players from other schools, including Alabama and Georgia. Can the Tigers have success at it again in this cycle? Both of these players got the royal treatment Saturday at Auburn. One of Ledbetter’s teammates, Elijah Sullivan is an Auburn commit and that can’t hurt. As for Godwin, this was his third visit to Auburn that we know of this year. The Tigers also will get an official visit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 11:18:47 AM »
I had a dream last night that we started dominating recruiting so incredibly that the NCAA introduced a "spirit of competition" rule that prevented schools from amassing too many five star recruits. 

I then wake up to this article. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
I had a dream last night that we started dominating recruiting so incredibly that the NCAA introduced a "spirit of competition" rule that prevented schools from amassing too many five star recruits. 

I then wake up to this article. 
Alabama was allowed to "somehow" amass recruiting classes head & shoulders above everyone else for 7 years in a row, so yes your dream is very realistic, because everyone knows if Auburn ever has a #1 class Saban would see to it that this rule is instituted and Emmert & Slive would be on the front lines with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 05:30:49 PM »
I have been nervous about not having a DT in the  '15 class, and there doesn't seem to be that many available, however, having the nations #1 player(the DT outta Albenny-- Thompson, plus Payne and Ledbetter all there for Big Cat makes me feel better. Between these 3 and Mack from Tx, I think we'll land a good DT crop.

And there is the Johnson kid that we lead for.

Sounds like Big Cat was another huge success. I'm still thankful for Looper and Trooper coming up with it. We needed something like this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 06:11:48 PM »
I have been nervous about not having a DT in the  '15 class, and there doesn't seem to be that many available, however, having the nations #1 player(the DT outta Albenny-- Thompson, plus Payne and Ledbetter all there for Big Cat makes me feel better. Between these 3 and Mack from Tx, I think we'll land a good DT crop.

And there is the Johnson kid that we lead for.

Sounds like Big Cat was another huge success. I'm still thankful for Looper and Trooper coming up with it. We needed something like this.
We'll make out fine. We are going after larger ends and CEJ used some of them inside last season. BTW, JUCO's are getting snapped-up faster than ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions