Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kerryon my wayward son

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Kerryon my wayward son
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:54:07 PM »
Alabama hasn't 'let up' trying to flip Auburn commit Kerryon Johnson
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/alabama_hasnt_let_up_recruitin.html#incart_most-read
Print
John Talty | jtalty@al.com By  John Talty | jtalty@al.com   
Follow on Twitter
on May 19, 2014 at 8:45 AM, updated May 19, 2014 at 10:34 AM
MADISON - Alabama has made it clear it isn't backing off of Kerryon Johnson.

Alabama linebackers coach Kevin Steele was the only college coach in attendance Friday night at Madison Academy for the Auburn commit's spring game. Steele wasn't there to see just Johnson -- rising junior Malik Miller already holds offers from Alabama and Auburn -- but his appearance was another reminder that Alabama isn't giving up on the four-star prospect, despite his April 15th commitment to Auburn.

"They haven't let up at all," Johnson said. "They've respected the commitment, but they haven't let up at all."

Florida State, Johnson's favorite school growing up, hasn't backed off either. The 6-foot, 200-pound running back said Friday night he could take unofficial visits to both this summer, but more likely would take officials the two schools, plus Auburn, in the fall. "You never know what can happen, so I'll still take them," he said.

Even with Alabama and Florida State pushing hard for him, Johnson is firmly committed to Auburn. He is pushing hard for Southside-Gadsden offensive lineman Tyler Carr to join him at Auburn -- "He's huge, he has really good feet and really good hands," Johnson said -- and is excited about how successful head coach Gus Malzahn and Co. have been on the recruiting trail.

"They have a ton of momentum," the four-star prospect said. "Ever since the Iron Bowl win, I think that's what really shifted. Even losing the national championship, people in Alabama want to stay in this state. It used to be Alabama, now it's Auburn. They have so much momentum it's unbelievable."

Auburn has 14 players already committed and the nation's third-best recruiting class, according to 247Composite. Auburn landed one of its biggest targets last Thursday when Georgia Military College running back Jovon Robinson, who is the nation's top junior college player, verbally committed to the Tigers.

Not every recruit would receive that news well if put in Johnson's position. Another top recruit might have been annoyed or even discouraged to see a five-star prospect at his same position commit to the same school.

But Johnson was immediately excited about Robinson's decision. He tweeted," We got Jovon too???? Lawd running game so good."

"I was extremely happy," he said. "I've watched his highlight tape numerous times and I think he's an explosive guy. He's very powerful and has really good feet."

He isn't worried about how he'll fit into what could be a crowded backfield when he'd arrive in 2015. Johnson and Robinson will join a group that already includes Peyton Barber, who redshirted last season, and five-star running back Roc Thomas, who will enroll this summer. It's an extremely talented group, possibly one of the most talented in the country, and Johnson feels it'll work because each running back brings something different.

"Roc is electrifying; he can break a play open in a matter of seconds. Before you even blink, he's gone," he said. "Jovon is more of a power guy but he has some wheels on him. He's stout, but he's a ball. I think I bring the big play ability along with Roc, but also can split out and give them that kind of feel because I've done it in high school."

Watch Johnson in the video above discuss sitting out his spring game, how his rehabilitation is going and watching rising junior teammate Malik Miller.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Re: Kerryon my wayward son
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 07:58:54 PM »
How many Alabama commits are we not still trying to flip?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 08:55:19 PM »
How many Alabama commits are we not still trying to flip?
None, atleast we'll never hear of it, until they flip. I don't remember seeing anything about the couple of prospects that Auburn stole from uat last year, until they flipped.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 10:00:08 PM »
Now, now.  Al.com reports it right down the middle. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
Now, now.  Al.com reports it right down the middle.
Yup, al.com would never try to help uat in recruiting. They've done articles about uat commits that Auburn is still going hard after and questioning if the flip is eminent...wait, no...they never have, nevermind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 11:37:59 PM »
If he doesn't flip they never offered him a scholarship anyways.  or a corvette.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 08:38:31 AM »
If he doesn't flip they never offered him a scholarship anyways.  or a corvette.

I've got a couple of dolts on my fb page arguing just that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »

Deleting turd fans from my fb increased my quality of life three fold. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 10:05:56 AM »
They are pretty stupid. I was going to chime in, but didn't want to start a bookface war.  I have been known to do such.

Jihad that shit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 10:07:24 AM »
They are pretty stupid. I was going to chime in, but didn't want to start a bookface war.  I have been known to do such.

Jihad that shit!

facebattle
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 10:17:14 AM »
Do you not know how to accept my friend request? I've sent like 12. Click on the thingy that says accept. What are you doing this weekend?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »
Do you not know how to accept my friend request? I've sent like 12. Click on the thingy that says accept. What are you doing this weekend?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 10:41:30 AM »

Oh, so you're trying to say that Wes isn't my bookface friend on purpose, huh? Fat chance, Buster. I'm sure he's just been busy or doesn't know how to add me.

I'm popular. I'm a natural-born world shaker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions