Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cam about to get paid/ 5 yrs $100 million plus

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Cam about to get paid/ 5 yrs $100 million plus
« on: June 01, 2015, 11:39:45 AM »
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article22789002.html

Negotiations between the Carolina Panthers and Cam Newton intensified over the weekend and the two sides are close to finalizing a contract extension that would keep the franchise quarterback with the Panthers through the 2020 season, two league sources told the Observer on Monday.

A deal that could average upwards of $20 million could be done as early as Monday, one of the sources said.

Charlotte sports radio station ESPN730, which is owned by former Panthers general manager Marty Hurney, first reported the news of Newton’s imminent contract extension.

Newton, the No. 1 overall pick in 2011, is scheduled to make $14.67 million this season after the Panthers picked up their club option for his fifth year.

Bus Cook, who along with Tony Paige and Chitta Mallik represent Newton, declined comment when reached by phone Monday.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article22789002.html#storylink=cpy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Cam about to get paid/ 5 yrs $100 million plus
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:43:18 AM »
Save some money to buy some offensive weapons for Cam to use.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 11:46:19 AM »
Save some money to buy some offensive weapons for Cam to use.

Shula wouldn't know how to use them.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 06:22:11 PM »
Shula wouldn't know how to use them.  :facepalm:

Agreed.  Fire that putz and put someone opposite Benjamin...bottle that and you got something sweeter than Yoohoo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 06:28:52 PM »
Agreed.  Fire that putz and put someone opposite Benjamin...bottle that and you got something sweeter than Yoohoo.

Werd.  If Benjamin learns how to hold on to the ball (Outside the MNC Game) he's gonna' be a freak. 

Quick, besides an air pump, name two weapons at Tom Brady's disposal.  No, I said quick.  You could think of some names because they were in the Super Bowl.  But the fact is, they reload with no names every year at the skill positions. They have a QB that can distribute and an OC that knows where to put people against a particular D.  Cam has a Shula. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 07:06:17 PM »
Werd.  If Benjamin learns how to hold on to the ball (Outside the MNC Game) he's gonna' be a freak. 

Quick, besides an air pump, name two weapons at Tom Brady's disposal.  No, I said quick.  You could think of some names because they were in the Super Bowl.  But the fact is, they reload with no names every year at the skill positions. They have a QB that can distribute and an OC that knows where to put people against a particular D.  Cam has a Shula.

Gronk, Amendola and Edelman. 

But your point stands, they make a team of mostly nobodies into stars....regularly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 03:59:00 PM »
Could gus call plays from his living room on Sundays?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.