Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Black List

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The Black List
« on: May 13, 2014, 10:57:56 PM »
There was a thread somewhere about this show, but couldn't find it.

Don't think I've ever seen a show fall so far in a single season. 

The stories were stupid and contrived. The acting was atrocious from the start (with the exception of James Spader) and got progressively worse.

Choose any episode of Magnum PI and you'll find a more plausible storyline and better acting. Pick any episode of the A-Team at random and you'll find a more realistic scenario. Select any episode of Police Squad and you'll find better agents of the law.

There's no way any reasonable segment of law enforcement would behave as stupidly as the idiots on this show.  The completely illogical leaps they made (and the utterly improbable timelines they supposedly met) were beyond the bounds of reasonable belief.

The last episode of this season was supposed to wrench emotions from the plight of peripheral characters. I had little interest in what happened to any of them.  Live. Die. Eat a biscuit. Who cares?

The "big reveal" was a big dud.  None (or few) of the persistent questions that dogged the show were answered. They promised to answer them all and answered virtually none.

Don't know who the dad is (maybe). Don't know who the husband worked for. Don't know why the people are allegedly after "Red".   Don't know how Red gets from New York to DC to Buenos Aries in 11 minutes. Don't know what Alan Alda is doing there. And..... don't much care.  By never answering any of the questions (and I assume the writers don't actually know the answers and are just making stuff up as they go along) and by any answers that were allegedly provided being only more questions themselves, I actually lost any interest in finding out the answers, whatever they may be.  They dragged it out too long and didn't give enough meat. 

They just gave more and more asinine stories and stupid diversions. 

There's no reason to come back to this show when it returns in the fall and I doubt I will. 

Yes, I understand that it's the big new thing. You ask me, that it is being hailed as even remotely good is an indictment of the current lack of sophistication of this country's populace. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The Black List
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 01:13:39 AM »
Boooo! Boooo!

Some good stories. Some not so good. But the plot has been tied together all season.

Sparser is good enough in this role to get one more season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.