Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Austin Golson a Tiger

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Austin Golson a Tiger
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:50:12 AM »
BOOOM!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/ole-miss-ol-austin-golson-will-transfer-to-auburn/2014/05/12/7d2685ee-d9e2-11e3-a837-8835df6c12c4_story.html

Ole Miss OL Austin Golson will transfer to Auburn

By Associated Press, Updated: Monday, May 12, 10:34 AM

OXFORD, Miss. — Mississippi sophomore offensive lineman Austin Golson will transfer to Auburn.

The school released a statement from Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on Monday saying that the 6-foot-5, 309-pound Golson “has decided to move closer to his family and is choosing to walk on at Auburn, following normal transfer rules.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Austin Golson a Tiger
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:05:35 AM »
This is great. We are filling up on o-line fast. A testament to JB and staff having the best o line in the country last year. 1-2 spots left according to what I'm read...I mean hearing from my sources.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 11:19:41 AM »
following normal transfer rules.”

So he has to sit out two seasons?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »
So he has to sit out two seasons?

Well I think they are petitioning for family hardship much like Prosch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 11:24:27 AM »
Well I think they are petitioning for family hardship much like Prosch.

Unfortunately, when you are going from SEC to SEC, it is not as easy.

The NCAA may grant the waiver, but will the SEC?

It will be interesting to see if he gets a waiver from both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »
I think it would be a different story coming from somewhere else other than Ole Miss.  The coaches are friendly and by all accounts he was given an unrestricted release by Freeze.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »
Even without NCAA approval, we don't really need him this coming season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think the transfer stipulations are set and decided by each school individually and not the SEC. Typically, we wouldn't see an intradivision transfer without any sit out period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 03:16:23 PM »
Even without NCAA approval, we don't really need him this coming season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think the transfer stipulations are set and decided by each school individually and not the SEC. Typically, we wouldn't see an intradivision transfer without any sit out period.

Nope. If you transfer within the SEC, two year wait. For NCAA, one year wait.

That is why I was asking.

Without a waiver, that is the normal transfer rules. Or it used to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 06:12:08 PM »
MOAR PRATTVILLIANS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 09:18:55 PM »
He'll sit this year, redshirt, then he'll play as a walk-on the next season...he'll have to earn the scholarship, just like Corey Grant did. Unless the NCAA grants his petitioning, so that he can play this year, due to family issues.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 04:42:59 PM »
this doesn't say anything about sitting out or when he is eligible to play. But he is a walk on fosho.

SHOAL CREEK, Alabama -- Turns out Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze didn't have much say when Ole Miss offensive tackle Austin Golson asked if he could leave for Auburn.

The Prattville native was not necessarily released from his national letter of intent as much as he was allowed to transfer under NCAA rules, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze told AL.com Tuesday.

"Well, I didn't let him go," Freeze said at the Regions Tradition Pro-Am at Shoal Creek. "When a kid satisfies his national letter of intent, which is two full-time semesters, he can go walk on anywhere he wants to, so a lot of people don't know that."

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has not commented on Golson's impending arrival on the Plains as a walk-on and will not do so until he is enrolled in classes. A mini-semester at Auburn begins Friday, and it's possible Golson could arrive then.

"He's a good kid and we wish him the best there," Freeze said. "He's going to play for a good man, so I hope things work out for him."

Golson has not returned messages from AL.com.

The 6-foot-5, 309-pound Golson was seeking a new school closer to home so he could be closer to his sick grandparents. It was thought Freeze could give Golson a full release, which would allow him to be on scholarship at Auburn in 2014.

The former four-star tackle committed to Florida State before flipping to Ole Miss in 2012. He was heavily recruited by Auburn at the time and was No. 10 on AL.com's A-list.

He played in 12 games in 2013 at right guard and exited spring practice as the top player on Ole Miss' depth chart at right tackle.

Golson joins an already-deep offensive line with four returning starters from last season. All but two spots are filled with underclassmen, though Golson could compete for playing time and a starting spot at right tackle in 2015. Presumed starter Chad Slade (unless sophomore Avery Young moves inside) is a senior in 2014.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 05:25:53 PM »
That pretty much says he plays right away.

In 2015
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 09:15:30 PM »
That pretty much says he plays right away.

In 2015
This isn't possible. CCTAU has spoken on this. And he's like EF Hutton. Now defunct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions