Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Joe Vaughn

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Joe Vaughn
« on: May 15, 2014, 02:35:51 PM »
Auburn getting an 'every down back' in 5-star RB Jovon Robinson
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/auburn_getting_an_every_down_b.html

Print
Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com By  Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 15, 2014 at 10:11 AM, updated May 15, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Auburn's newest football commitment is a big one.

Five-star JUCO running back Jovon Robinson pledged to the Tigers Thursday morning, and his head coach at Georgia Military College expects him to make an immediate impact on the Plains.

Auburn hasn't named a No. 1 running back since the departure of Tre Mason, but the 5-foot-11, 225-pound Robinson has the potential to lead the way in 2015.

Robinson signed with Auburn in 2012, but was declared academically ineligible. (File)

"My opinion is, they're getting an every down back," Bert Williams told AL.com. "He could be a great back in any part of your running game, whether it's a zone scheme or speed scheme. He can run for power or speed, you don't have to sub him out very often. He's got a low center of gravity, has excellence balance and runs with an attitude.

"He gets better the longer he's in."

The NJCAA Offensive Player of the Year set the JUCO single-season rushing record last fall with racked up 2,387 yards and 34 touchdowns last season.

Robinson originally signed with Auburn in 2012, but was ruled academically ineligible after an NCAA investigation revealed a grade change on his high school transcript.

Despite the detour to junior college, Robinson's interest in the Tigers never wavered, especially after they reached the BCS National Championship Game last season in head coach Gus Malzahn's first season.

"He obviously has a history there," Williams said. "It's a place he's liked for a while, but we weren't sure how much of a possibility (returning) would be. He has a liking for Alabama as well and has been nationally recruited. Auburn is where he seems to feel most comfortable.

"I think he's excited about it, I think he likes what they're doing on offense and sees a lot of similarities to what we do. He's comfortable with the coaches who are there now. What's not to feel good about with that staff and direction of the program?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com