Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Furminator - Uncompensated Endorsement

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
The Furminator - Uncompensated Endorsement
« on: August 20, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
Ok, so I don't usually pimp a product, and I am not getting anything for this little commentary, but I ordered a Furminator dog brush last week, and it arrived last night.  Holy smokes.  I have an 80 pound shepherd mix with a double coat - Max sheds like crazy.  I have never found anything to control his rampant dreadlocks and thick coat - until now. 

I got the Furminator, and proceeded to work him over last night - I got a BOX full of hair - enough to make another dog.  Max loved it so much that when I put the brush down to put the kids to bed, he followed me and kept rubbing up against me and looking at me like I was the best mommy in the world.  Once the kids were asleep (or at least in their respective beds) I grabbed the brush again to finish him up and he came running from across the room and sat down without being told.  He was noticeably thinner when I got done, and his coat was shiny and healthy looking, instead of matty and gross.

They retail at PetSmart for damn near $50, but I got a medium sized one at Drugstore.com for $25 - it was a special sale thing... but you can find them cheaper on the internet other places if you look.  Now that I have used it, I would have paid $50 for it.  I cannot recommend them highly enough to anyone with a long haired dog.  I can see this thing making a real difference not only in the amount of dog hair floating around my house, but also in keeping Max more comfortable on a hot Houston day. 

Just sayin'...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:14:19 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: The Furminator - Uncompensated Endorsement
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »
Ok, so I don't usually pimp a product, and I am not getting anything for this little commentary, but I ordered a Furminator dog brush last week, and it arrived last night.  Holy smokes.  I have an 80 pound shepherd mix with a double coat - Max sheds like crazy.  I have never found anything to control his rampant dreadlocks and thick coat - until now. 

I got the Furminator, and proceeded to work him over last night - I got a BOX full of hair - enough to make another dog.  Max loved it so much that when I put the brush down to put the kids to bed, he followed me and kept rubbing up against me and looking at me like I was the best mommy in the world.  Once the kids were asleep (or at least in their respective beds) I grabbed the brush again to finish him up and he came running from across the room and sat down without being told.  He was noticeably thinner when I got done, and his coat was shiny and healthy looking, instead of matty and gross.

They retail at PetSmart for damn near $50, but I got a medium sized one at Drugstore.com for $25 - it was a special sale thing... but you can find them cheaper on the internet other places if you look.  Now that I have used it, I would have paid $50 for it.  I cannot recommend them highly enough to anyone with a long haired dog.  I can see this thing making a real difference not only in the amount of dog hair floating around my house, but also in keeping Max more comfortable on a hot Houston day. 

Just sayin'...

Does it also work on a big hairy bush?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 03:21:56 PM »
I had a bet with myself that the over/under on a sexually oriented comment would be 7 minutes.

I win :sad:...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »

Nothing else needs to be said. :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 03:44:20 PM »
:clap:

Mark, that was awesome! I read further into this thread just for this response and was not disappointed.

If someone would comb through my underbrush with one of these things, I'd rub up against their leg. Flowbee's don't work worth a damn in that regard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 04:15:21 PM »
I even tried to anticipate the comments when I wrote the original post - thank goodness I didn't use my original phrasing...

You guys never disappoint... :moon:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 05:31:15 PM »
We use this thing on a regular basis with our 4 animals at the house.  They are all indoors and it has significantly reduced the amount of hair found in the corners of the house.  When you get done using it, you will be amazed at how much extra hair your pet gives off.  If you have animals (or a big, hairy, bush) then I highly recommend this tool.  Thank you for your time and good night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions