Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WOTS: Rashaan Evans is the fastest person on the planet....

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: WOTS: Rashaan Evans is the fastest person on the planet....
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 02:00:44 PM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/pat-white-says-alabama-offered-him-a-corvette-to-sign-with-tide-051514
Pat White Says Alabama Offered Him a Corvette To Sign with Tide
1:30p ET
Posted by Clay Travis

On Monday Alabama running back Derrick Henry posted a picture of his new car. "Everybody meet my new baby, Fiona."

Immediately everyone in the SEC accused Alabama of buying the car for him. Because, well, it's the SEC and this is what happens every time a top player who doesn't have a job posts photos of himself driving a nice car. Which happens, to be fair, a ton.

Y'all inundated me with this picture, but I wasn't going to write about it until former West Virginia quarterback Pat White stepped into the mix. Posting on his own Facebook page alongside photos of Henry's new ride, "Stop pretending like you didn't know the crimson tide has been doing this for years. Still glad I turned down a Corvette to become a mountaineer."

Oh.

Snap.

There's just one problem with White's Bama takedown. According to Rivals he didn't have an offer from Alabama. Of course, Rivals is not infallible when it comes to recruiting offers, so maybe White did have an offer from the Tide. If so, the current Edmonton Eskimos quarterback made an intriguing decision, giving up a Corvette and the home state school to go to West Virginia for four years.

Has that decision ever been made before by anyone for any reason?

Regardless, the lesson, as always, for college football players: Don't post your new cars on Instagram. Sure, you may deserve those cars -- even if they violate NCAA rules -- given how much you're making the school, but even if the cars are entirely purchased with your own money no one is going to believe that. Not even former top football recruits from Alabama.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 02:09:54 PM »
 :move:

SSDD.  Henry can post that pic.  Not an eyebrow in Indy raised.  Pat White can publically admit he was offered a $50K plus ride.  Crickets.  Fluker can publically admit he got bank, then a detailed story with proof comes out.  Tumbleweeds.  Cash in hand #struggleoverwit.  Yawn.  Coach "loans" a player money.  ZZZZZZZ....and on and on and on and on....

Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 02:29:20 PM »
I just went back and read that NTYF piece they did, "Where there's fire; there's fire." No worries.  They're bullet proof.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 02:45:55 PM »
The cars, lots and lots of Dodge cars, strugglesoverwit, etc. are obviously no big deal. I mean, really, why even keep it up? If it mattered, it would've stopped long before now.

The big conferences are full of glass houses. Is the house in Tuscaloosa bigger? I don't know but it sure seems that they don't mind walking around naked with the lights on and drapes open.

Re: Pat White, why say this? It's not cool to me. He could cast out baseless claims about AU or any other team in the country that he may or may not have had an offer from. It can easily be construed as jealousy. I'm not saying that it didn't or did happen. I'm just a little suspect of it. Maybe it would be a little more believable to me, had he gone somewhere other than WV.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2014, 03:06:48 PM »
The cars, lots and lots of Dodge cars, strugglesoverwit, etc. are obviously no big deal. I mean, really, why even keep it up? If it mattered, it would've stopped long before now.

The big conferences are full of glass houses. Is the house in Tuscaloosa bigger? I don't know but it sure seems that they don't mind walking around naked with the lights on and drapes open.

Re: Pat White, why say this? It's not cool to me. He could cast out baseless claims about AU or any other team in the country that he may or may not have had an offer from. It can easily be construed as jealousy. I'm not saying that it didn't or did happen. I'm just a little suspect of it. Maybe it would be a little more believable to me, had he gone somewhere other than WV.

I didn't follow his recruitment but I'm wondering if he wasn't being recruited as a QB.  Honestly, he wasn't much of a QB but was perfect in RichRod's offense with his incredible athleticism.  Maybe WV was one of the few D1's to give him a shot at the position.  I defer to the Prowling one for the 411 on his recruitment. 

Also, agree on the lack of said coolness.  Smacks of Eric Ramsey.  You were freely given money and shit while playing at a high profile SEC school.  Then after the fact, you turn around and bite the hand that was feeding you? White says Bama offered him a Corvette...now he's complaining?

But cool or not, I believe him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2014, 03:10:58 PM »
I didn't follow his recruitment but I'm wondering if he wasn't being recruited as a QB.  Honestly, he wasn't much of a QB but was perfect in RichRod's offense with his incredible athleticism.  Maybe WV was one of the few D1's to give him a shot at the position.  I defer to the Prowling one for the 411 on his recruitment. 

Also, agree on the lack of said coolness.  Smacks of Eric Ramsey.  You were freely given money and shoot while playing at a high profile SEC school.  Then after the fact, you turn around and bite the hand that was feeding you? White says Bama offered him a Corvette...now he's complaining?

But cool or not, I believe him.
I was offered a like new push mower and a bottle of gin by a school but you don't hear me mouthing off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2014, 03:26:04 PM »

Bammer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2014, 03:28:21 PM »
I was offered a like new push mower and a bottle of gin by a school but you don't hear me mouthing off.

Total off base thread hijack here.  Several years ago here in Dothan, the cops busted up a slut ring.  The mug shots of the "ladies" of the evening were...shall we say.... :puke:

Anyway, one of the hookers said when she told one of the potential customers how much for her services, he told her he didn't have that much but he'd be back.  He came back in his beat up ass pick up and offered her several squirrels he had just shot and the rusty, old dryer in the bed of his truck.

Not sure if she took him up on it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »
Total off base thread hijack here.  Several years ago here in Dothan, the cops busted up a slut ring.  The mug shots of the "ladies" of the evening were...shall we say.... :puke:

Anyway, one of the hookers said when she told one of the potential customers how much for her services, he told her he didn't have that much but he'd be back.  He came back in his beat up ass pick up and offered her several squirrels he had just shot and the rusty, old dryer in the bed of his truck.

Not sure if she took him up on it.
Roll damn Tide.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2014, 03:32:17 PM »
Roll damn Tide.

How long have you been holding on to this newspaper clipping?  And who is MV Gross?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »
How long have you been holding on to this newspaper clipping?  And who is MV Gross?
https://twitter.com/IsolatedBammers/status/402525697035362304
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2014, 03:41:05 PM »
Dadburnit, my memory is fading in my old age.  It was a broken down washer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2014, 03:43:07 PM »
Two squirrels and a broken down washer...that's quite a dowry for some bammer husbands to offer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2014, 03:44:47 PM »
M.V. Gross was the reporter who wrote the story for the Dothan Eagle. They personally sign each copy of the newspaper for their subscribers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 03:46:17 PM »
M.V. Gross was the reporter who wrote the story for the Dothan Eagle. They personally sign each copy of the newspaper for their subscribers.

It adds that personal touch for all 4 of their subscribers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2014, 03:46:50 PM »
Two squirrels and a broken down washer...that's quite a dowry for some bammer husbands to offer.
That's a Tuesday night in Dothan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 03:52:56 PM »
That's a Tuesday night in Dothan.

Coincides with bath day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 03:57:20 PM »

Not only does that get traction, it gets (when pushed by local media) national attention, ESPN line scroll, SI articles, ETC. (see 2010)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2014, 04:20:53 PM »
Not only does that get traction, it gets (when pushed by local media) national attention, ESPN line scroll, SI articles, ETC. (see 2010)
Yeah, except it's Bama not Auburn, so you won't see a damned word about it on ESPN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 08:41:43 PM »
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/05/nick_saban_not_pleased_by_repo.html#incart_m-rpt-2

See how Nick Saban reacted to reporter's question about Pat White's recruiting allegation

Nick Saban asked about Pat White claims - May 15, 2014

Alabama coach Nick Saban is asked about Pat White's claims of improper recruiting tactics used before he was the coach of the Tide. Saban was in Nashville for the Crimson Caravan when a local reporter asked him for a response. (Michael Casagrande/mcasagrande@al.com)
By Michael Casagrande | mcasagrande@al.com
May 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM

NASHVILLE — Alabama coach Nick Saban, during a Nashville stop of the Crimson Caravan today, was asked about a vague recruiting accusation against the Crimson Tide made by former West Virginia quarterback Pat White on social media. The allegation referred to a period during the the early 2000s when Saban was head coach at LSU.

A Nashville reporter broached White's claims of improper offers in the recruiting process. Alabama spokesman Jeff Purinton stepped in and said Saban was not with the program at the time of White's recruitment.

But Saban responded anyway. "I didn't even know it happened," he said. "So I can't comment on it. ... Is that the best thing we can talk about? ... kiss my ass."

White made his claims on response to Alabama running back Derrick Henry's Instagram photo of his new car. White, now playing in the Canadian Football League, posted his comment on Facebook on Wednesday.
There's video in the link.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions