Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Unofficial Draft Day thread...

Re: Unofficial Draft Day thread...
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »
Halfway into the 2nd round and still no RB selected. Tre should have came back. Sigh.

I agree he should have come back...for his degree.  If he already has it, he should definitely have gone.  He wasn't going to accomplish much more with another year.

No running back is going in the 1st round unless it's an Adrian Peterson potential.  There are too many prospects in the later rounds that are serviceable NFL backs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2014, 10:10:59 PM »
Halfway into the 2nd round and still no RB selected. Tre should have came back. Sigh.

Tre to the Rams with Greg!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2014, 11:01:14 PM »
Tre to the Rams with Greg!!

And with that a Hollywood Marine just came...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2014, 11:09:10 PM »
The 3 Round is over and McCgamemanager remains undrafted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2014, 12:06:01 AM »
That's what you get for being a douchebag.  He was part of the problem in the locker room this past season.  He will point the finger at everyone else, but some of his interviews that I have watched over the past few months convinced me otherwise.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2014, 04:52:31 AM »
That's what you get for being a douchebag.  He was part of the problem in the locker room this past season.  He will point the finger at everyone else, but some of his interviews that I have watched over the past few months convinced me otherwise.

Yeah don't blow off the Senior Bowl because you don't like being called a game manager. Jimmy Garrappolo says thanks though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2014, 08:32:42 AM »
And with that a Hollywood Marine just came...

Happy, but I'm still a Saints fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2014, 09:29:26 AM »

And every Texan fan just broke out in a cold sweat. Unless the rumors are true and they really are going to try and develop Case Keenum into an NFL level QB.

I hope our defense can score lots of points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2014, 09:32:01 AM »
Yeah don't blow off the Senior Bowl because you don't like being called a game manager. Jimmy Garrappolo says thanks though.
No kidding.  That guy made some money at the Senior Bowl.  But really, I'm not so sure that the results would have been much different had McCarron played.  Maybe I'm missing something.  Aaron Murray and Tajh Boyd are still on the board. Not sure why.  What I do know is that if McCarron retains his douchie attitude, he's going to fall flat on his face in the NFL.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2014, 09:35:17 AM »
And every Texan fan just broke out in a cold sweat. Unless the rumors are true and they really are going to try and develop Case Keenum into an NFL level QB.

I hope our defense can score lots of points.
They are supposedly talking with the Pats on trading Ryan Mallett.  Which would make sense with the Pats taking Garoppolo in the second round.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2014, 09:37:31 AM »
Happy, but I'm still a Saints fan.
Easier to pull for than the Panthers, though. At least their not in our division.

Bummed we didn't get Dee, but holding out hope for Chris.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:39:06 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2014, 12:03:31 PM »

But he's all fired up now.  From the tweeters:

& y'all thought I played with a chip on my shoulder, JUST WAIT.. God has a great plan & I can't wait!

Translated:

I'm gonna haul off and throw a ball an entire 35 yards in the air!!
I'm gonna improve my 40 time to 11.35!!
I'm gonna run off the field for consolation with time on the clock in EVERY loss
I'm gonna stretch my tattoo all the way down to my pubes.
I'm gonna compete with Johnny Manziel to see who can make the most douchebag quotes
I'm gonna throw my teammates under the bus even before the season's over
AND I'm gonna join my family in rapin and pedophilin. Will start with bangin my mom, cause everybody wants a little deedee
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2014, 01:29:57 PM »
Logan Thomas to the Cardinals. If THAT guy can get drafted, Nick will go in the first two rounds easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2014, 02:04:39 PM »
Wench and other Houstonians breathe a sigh of relief...Tom Savage from Pitt drafted as QB
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2014, 05:49:51 PM »
Wench and other Houstonians breathe a sigh of relief...Tom Savage from Pitt drafted as QB
Also, they got Prosch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2014, 06:00:30 PM »
So far:

Greg Robinson went 2nd overall. Exactly where he was projected.

Dee Ford went 23rd overall. Slightly earlier than projected.

Tre Mason went 75th overall in the 3rd round. He was projected to go late in the 2nd, early in the 3rd. Ended up going almost a full round later than expected.

Chris Davis was projected to go in the 4th Round. Still on the board with only about 20 or so picks to go. Disappointing.

Jay Prosch exceeded expectations significantly. Was barely projected to make the draft. Most thought he wouldn't, but if he did it would be at the very end. He went pretty early in the 5th at 211 overall.

Parkey & Clark were thought to possibly go before it's all said & done, although they were longshots, but that's looking unlikely as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2014, 06:55:21 PM »
But he's all fired up now.  From the tweeters:

& y'all thought I played with a chip on my shoulder, JUST WAIT.. God has a great plan & I can't wait!

Translated:

I'm gonna haul off and throw a ball an entire 35 yards in the air!!
I'm gonna improve my 40 time to 11.35!!
I'm gonna run off the field for consolation with time on the clock in EVERY loss
I'm gonna stretch my tattoo all the way down to my pubes.
I'm gonna compete with Johnny Manziel to see who can make the most douchebag quotes
I'm gonna throw my teammates under the bus even before the season's over
AND I'm gonna join my family in rapin and pedophilin. Will start with bangin my mom, cause everybody wants a little deedee

"@AU_Dan: I'm loving that Auburn University is responsible for @10AJMcCarron flushing away approximately $20 million #IronBowl2013 #KatherineWebb #WDE"

My response...

"@TheProwler64: @AU_Dan @10AJMcCarron Placekick Holders usually don't make that much in the NFL anyway, maybe league minimum."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2014, 10:32:51 PM »
Some notables to end the draft:

AJ drafted to some shit team in a late round.  Will now be on track to take over Jay Barker's spot on the Opening Drive in the next five years.  He'll cohost with Greg McWhateverFuckHisDoucheyName

Zach "Here's Your Future, Jacob Coker" goes in the 6th to the Texans. 

Aaron Murray gets snagged by the Chiefs. 

Michael Sam goes to the Rams and he made sure everyone knows he's still gay by making out with his white boyfriend. 

Some thoughts:

- My Saints did okay in the draft.  Picking up Brandin Cooks was a huge get and worth the trade.  Jean-Baptiste and Fortt are good pickups but I doubt anyone knows who they are in five years.  I'm pissed we drafted Sunseri.  I'm very happy we picked up Powell.  Ronald Powell was the #1 high school prospect a few years ago and still has the physical tools to be a dominant player even in the NFL.  He was a huge get for a 6th round draft pick as if he doesn't get his shit together, it won't hurt the checkbook.

- The Cleveland Browns are the Mississippi State Bulldogs of the NFL.  You know how Dan Mullen was the hot coach ready to take Miss State to new heights and suddenly Cam Newton goes to Auburn, Hugh Freeze gets hired at Ole Miss, and Miss State despite being vastly improved from the Croom days still has to deal with 5-6 loss seasons?  Yeah that's the Cleveland Browns. 

- As much as I dislike CJ Moseley for his commitment switch and the fact that he played for Alabama, I think he'll very soon be an NFL star.  Incredible football player.

- The Buffalo Bills had a terrible LT draft in the 2nd round and a good one in the 7th.  I think Cyrus Koundjiro has bust written all over him.  He was burned by speed rushers and it's only going to get worse in the NFL for him.  But then they got Seantrel Henderson in the 7th.  Now, Seantrel is an idiot with tons of off the field issues, but he has the body and ability to be a starting LT for a long, long time.  Great pickup for a risk in the 7th round.

- I'm not a fan of Kelvin Benjamin going to the Panthers.  I honestly thought they Panthers would trade up in this draft to get one of the big time receivers on the board.  They could have also traded up to snag a top offensive linemen.  Instead, they waited until their pick to choose a guy that had one good year of college football. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2014, 01:59:08 PM »
My Draft Notes:

1 - I was on the fence with Manziel, but after being force-fed his ugly mug for three and a half hours on the first night of the draft, after hearing the constant talk about him on the TV and radio since Thursday and after watching that assclown come out waving the money sign when every other single player who walked to the podium that night did so without showing his ass?  I hope he's a spectacular, craptastic fail.  I hope he ends up on the same Cleveland Brown trash heap that claimed so many other quarterbacks in the last 20 years. I will be actively hoping he gets his dook pushed in. 

2 - I didn't know 3/4 of the people who were drafted and didn't much care. 

3 - When the Panthers drafted that jerkoff from FSU, I said that I hoped Cam never threw him a single ball. But then I realized it wasn't his fault he played on the same team coached by that douchebag Fisher and the crab-stealing imbecile.  I used to sort of like FSU, but the behavior of Fisher and Raper after that game ruined the 'Noles for me.  They can all die in a fire. 

4 - The Texans crapped the bed.  Clowney has the tools but his motivation and work ethic is crap.  I think they had to take him because nobody wanted the first pick.  For every great play he made over the last two years, he took four other plays off and didn't do squat. I wouldn't have drafted him.

5 - Dallas. Really?  I hate the Cowboys but their defense was spectacularly bad last year.  So they draft an overrated offensive lineman -- who was a significant reach for the first round. Their next pick was an undersized end from Boise. They scrapped together a bunch of no-name late round defensive picks, but nothing that is going to improve that team right away.  Jerry Jones has become Al Davis.  Or worse.

6 - Raiders drafted well I thought.  Haven't been relevant in a long time and I miss the Raiders being good. 

7- Back to the Panthers. I don't think they improved themselves much either.  I wasn't that impressed with Kofi Anan Ealy or whatever his name was from Mush-oori.  They didn't get a receiver that could stretch the field. And yeah, they have a "stable" of backs but all are on the downswing.  The offensive line didn't get any better despite there being (apparently) 481 offensive linemen available.  There's nobody there to take the pressure off Cam and he's saddled with the most pathetic excuse for an offensive coordinator in the NFL.  Shula is abysmal.  When this team underperforms next year (and I firmly believe it will) much of the frustration is going to be wrongly directed at Cam.  He doesn't need much, but he's got nothing to work with and it's going to be rough for him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2014, 10:54:38 PM »

Zach "Here's Your Future, Jacob Coker" goes in the 6th to the Texans. 

Aaron Murray gets snagged by the Chiefs.

Mettenberger went to the Titans.

And rebuilt knee or not, I was wishing for Murray. The kid is a gamer. He is five times the QB McTatts thinks he is.

I am stoked like crazy that we got Prosch. Best pick of their draft if you ask me. Glad to have the AU connection too, since Ben left.

I know nothing about Savage - he started at Rutgers, went to Arizona then wound up at Pitt. From teh innerwebs:

His play was erratic no matter where he went, but Savage has a lot of fans in the coaching and scouting community for his big arm and traditional NFL skills. Greg Schiano, his former coach at Rutgers, believes that Savage has the skill set to be a star at the next level.

Guess anything is better than what we have now.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions