Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Unofficial Draft Day thread...

chinook

Re: Unofficial Draft Day thread...
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2014, 01:15:58 PM »

while watching the NFL Network Coverage...(and I can not confirm this nor have I googled)

but I thought he said, "this isn't what i wanted"  as he was giving out hugs to family and friends.

Did anyone else catch this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2014, 02:00:17 PM »
while watching the NFL Network Coverage...(and I can not confirm this nor have I googled)

but I thought he said, "this isn't what i wanted"  as he was giving out hugs to family and friends.

Did anyone else catch this?

Yes, I told you this last night as I was inside you...I mean by text.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2014, 02:17:16 PM »
I don't understand all of you haters out there. JFF is not over-hyped. He can play the game. Sure he has a big ego, but a lot of NFL QBs have big egos. It is almost a necessity for that position.

HE will probably play before many of the other QBs drafted. And unlike one unnamed crimpsun turd, JFF will actually see the field during his career.

How long or good will that career be? Who knows. All I know is every turd fan is all over his ass because he is better than the aj. And some of you sound about as butthurt. What up with that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »
I don't understand all of you haters out there. JFF is not over-hyped. He can play the game. Sure he has a big ego, but a lot of NFL QBs have big egos. It is almost a necessity for that position.

HE will probably play before many of the other QBs drafted. And unlike one unnamed crimpsun turd, JFF will actually see the field during his career.

How long or good will that career be? Who knows. All I know is every turd fan is all over his ass because he is better than the aj. And some of you sound about as butthurt. What up with that?
I thought he was overrated when they were talking about him being a top 5 pick.

I actually think 22 overall is about right.

I think Clowney as #1 will actually prove to be the most overrated pick of this draft.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2014, 02:32:09 PM »
I thought he was overrated when they were talking about him being a top 5 pick.

I actually think 22 overall is about right.

I think Clowney as #1 will actually prove to be the most overrated pick of this draft.

The Clowney pick was de ja vous all over again for Houston.  But, it's hard to pass up a freak athlete like that and hope it doesn't burn you.  The guy can make incredible plays but I think you can go right at him with plenty of success. 

As for JFF, agreed.  Later in the first round was where he should have gone IMO.  I think the guy can ball and if he'll do what murderer...err, Ray Lewis...said and learn to slide when he gets out of the pocket, he might be pretty good at the next level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »
bammer sports talk this morning was saying that the Patriots were going to trade with the Texans and draft aj with the first pick of the second round.  Said that billichek (sp?) had talked to mini him and is 100% sold on aj being able to replace Brady when that time comes.  Guess we'll see, but if I were the Pats I'd keep freakishly tall Mallet cat and let aj go try out as a walk on somewhere else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2014, 02:43:09 PM »
The Clowney pick was de ja vous all over again for Houston.  But, it's hard to pass up a freak athlete like that and hope it doesn't burn you.  The guy can make incredible plays but I think you can go right at him with plenty of success.
I think Dee Ford is head and shoulders above him.

Clowney is one YouTube video of decleating a weak ass Michigan player. That's it. It carried him to #1 overall in the draft. He spent most of last season injured.

I don't think he's total human garbage, but I would have taken Dee all day before Clowney. Wouldn't have taken Clowney until very late in the 1st at best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »
bammer sports talk this morning was saying that the Patriots were going to trade with the Texans and draft aj with the first pick of the second round.  Said that billichek (sp?) had talked to mini him and is 100% sold on aj being able to replace Brady when that time comes.  Guess we'll see, but if I were the Pats I'd keep freakishly tall Mallet cat and let aj go try out as a walk on somewhere else.

There is nothing about AJ's game that says he can play in the NFL. It is a lot easier to look good when you are surrounded by superior athletes. When all you have to do is heave the ball to your freak WR's, it looks easy.

In the NFL, everybody on both sides is a freak.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2014, 02:47:59 PM »
I think Dee Ford is head and shoulders above him.

Clowney is one YouTube video of decleating a weak ass Michigan player. That's it. It carried him to #1 overall in the draft. He spent most of last season injured.

I don't think he's total human garbage, but I would have taken Dee all day before Clowney. Wouldn't have taken Clowney until very late in the 1st at best.

I agree with all of this. 

What sucks is that I kinda like the Texans and they were not in need of another defensive end.  That position is not the reason they sucked like the Astro's last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2014, 02:50:39 PM »

See, I hope this happens because the Texans are fucking DESPERATE for a QB and drafting AJ would make me want to puke. 

Our local sports guy is the first guy I have ever listened to who absolutely says exactly what he thinks without giving a good gorram about courting the local powers that be.  (Over the past three years he has specifically referred to the Astros and their owner as a trainwreck, a waste of money, terrible, not worth watching, badly managed and on and on... I love this guy)

ANYWAY, he commented last night that although Clowney was the "popular" choice to blow the first overall draft pick on, the Texans didn't help themselves because we are so fucked at the QB spot. 

He also went on to talk about the Cowgirls and snickered that "the Cowboys are desperate for defense so OF COURSE it makes sense in the Cowboys organization to draft an offensive lineman!!"  He and the other anchormen had a major chuckle over that. 

Like I said - LOVE this guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2014, 03:07:07 PM »
Well. I can honestly say that the Falcons did exactly what I thought they should have done. (For the first time in my life)

Now if they could pick up Tre, I be real happy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2014, 03:09:02 PM »
Now if they could pick up Tre, I be real happy.

please God, no. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2014, 03:50:22 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2014, 04:11:48 PM »

Severely OVER -hyped!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2014, 04:15:53 PM »
There is nothing about AJ's game that says he can play in the NFL. It is a lot easier to look good when you are surrounded by superior athletes. When all you have to do is heave the ball to your freak WR's, it looks easy.

In the NFL, everybody on both sides is a freak.

Don't know how you can make this comment about AJ and then turn-around and say this about JFF
I don't understand all of you haters out there. JFF is not over-hyped. He can play the game.

JFF had freakish WR's all over the field as well.  I don't particularly find that his accuracy is amazing.  He has the ability to do some amazing things with his feet, but at 6' 200lbs that shit doesn't last long against NFL type talent.  NFL is a totally different ball game, it is timing more than anything else.  You have to make split second decisions.  I don't see him having the ability to do that. 

Is he an amazing college football player... yes.  So was Ryan Leaf. So was Darren McFadden. So was Tim Tebow.  I don't see it, I think what makes him amazing... speed and the ability to make things happen won't be there in the pros. 

I also hate it when announcers ooh and aah continuously over a single player.  Not his fault but I don't like it.

I also think he is an smug asshole, so there is that. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:24:02 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2014, 04:25:25 PM »
Severely OVER -hyped!!!

Hater.  Oh yes you are. 

The hype on JFF at the college level was all deserved.  He may be a polarizing figure but what the guy did in his short career was off the charts.  He was a human highlight reel.  But admittedly, he had just as many detractors as the ones pimping him when it came to evaluating his NFL stock.  There were a ton of people saying he's too small.  No mechanics.  His style will never fly at the next level.  He's got an attitude etc. 

I don't know if he'll make it or not.  I hope he does because he's fun to watch. Now AJ?  I hope he gets the STD's and his dick rots off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »
He also went on to talk about the Cowgirls and snickered that "the Cowboys are desperate for defense so OF COURSE it makes sense in the Cowboys organization to draft an offensive lineman!!"  He and the other anchormen had a major chuckle over that. 

Coach Jason Garrett Jerry Jones
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »
Hater.  Oh yes you are. 

The hype on JFF at the college level was all deserved.  He may be a polarizing figure but what the guy did in his short career was off the charts.  He was a human highlight reel.  But admittedly, he had just as many detractors as the ones pimping him when it came to evaluating his NFL stock.  There were a ton of people saying he's too small.  No mechanics.  His style will never fly at the next level.  He's got an attitude etc. 

I don't know if he'll make it or not.  I hope he does because he's fun to watch. Now AJ?  I hope he gets the STD's and his dick rots off.

Don't bring sanity to the haters. I bet he sucks as bad as that no talent Russel Wilson does in the NFL. Damn short QBs who use their feet to buy time. Damn them... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2014, 07:31:38 PM »
JFF reminds me a lot of Jim McMahon back in the early 80s; we'll see what he can do without having that damn freak of a receiver he lobbed to ball at in college. That dude saved his ass more than anything I've ever seen before in the game.

It'll be interesting to see what he can do in Cleveland.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2014, 08:28:31 PM »
Halfway into the 2nd round and still no RB selected. Tre should have came back. Sigh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions