Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

One of the guys you love to hate

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
One of the guys you love to hate
« on: May 08, 2014, 12:23:01 PM »
seems to like AU. At least from the odds perspective. I did notice how Coker makes UA the fav in his eyes--apparently even if we played them this weekend. I don't get that.

Danny Sheridan to Paul Finebaum: 'Auburn has a better team than Alabama,' has edge at QB

Print
Mark Heim | mheim@al.com By  Mark Heim | mheim@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 06, 2014 at 11:17 PM, updated May 07, 2014 at 1:48 PM

If Alabama and Auburn played today in Tuscaloosa, the game would be close to a pick 'em, says oddsmaker Danny Sheridan.

"Personally, I think Auburn has a better team than Alabama right now," Sheridan told The Paul Finebaum Show on Monday afternoon. "They have a huge edge at quarterback."

He pointed to Auburn's cross-divisional opponents - Georgia and South Carolina - as formidable opponents, while Alabama gets Florida and Tennessee.

"Auburn has a better team," Sheridan said again. "When I say better, I'm not talking 21 points or something like that. But if they were to play this weekend, Auburn would beat Alabama with that huge edge at quarterback."

When the issue of Alabama's quarterback came up, however, the odds changed with the addition of Jacob Coker, who recently graduated from Florida State and is now in Tuscaloosa.

"If they were playing in Tuscaloosa this weekend, I wouldn't make Alabama the favorite," Sheridan explained. "It would be pretty close to a pick 'em. I would love to take Auburn and the points. Again, without Coker.

"With Coker, Alabama would be a slight favorite."

Sheridan described the Tide as "putting all their eggs in one basket with Coker." In fact, he said if Coker doesn't pan out and isn't the quarterback for Alabama, "they are going to lose quite a few games."

"If he's an average quarterback and it doesn't work out, I can easily see them lose on the road to Mississippi. They can certainly lose to LSU. There are probably a few more in the middle."

Auburn, meanwhile, according to Sheridan, "was very good last year. (Nick) Marshall came on strong. Now, they have some dynamic offense and they're going to be darn good on defense."

Finebaum asked him about the College Football Playoff, and Sheridan gave his early prediction.

"Well, I would definitely say the winner of the Alabama-Auburn game would be one team. Florida State is a great football team. The schedule is pretty tough this year, Paul, but Florida State, for sure, would be favored."

He also mentioned Oregon, with quarterback Marcus Mariota back, would be in the mix, along with Ohio State, though he said he's "pick South Carolina."

Sheridan did say when it comes to the SEC, "clearly, the two best teams are Alabama and Auburn."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: One of the guys you love to hate
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 12:44:16 PM »
Fuck SherryDan in da' mouf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 01:16:17 PM »
fudge SherryDan in da' mouf
Piss him off and he'll leak the bag man's name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 01:56:18 PM »
Piss him off and he'll leak the bag man's name.

The bag man shall remain anonymous
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 03:11:19 PM »
GONG
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 03:36:20 PM »
Let me see if I've got this straight. 

Coker never started for FSU, but is going to win the Heisman and lead bammer to the MNC?  All because FSU said the QB battle between him and the crab snatcher was neck and neck?  How true was that statement when it was told to the AU fanbase a couple of years ago?

I hope he turns out to be as bad as ol Turtle Mosely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 04:11:37 PM »
Let me see if I've got this straight. 

Coker never started for FSU, but is going to win the Heisman and lead bammer to the MNC?  All because FSU said the QB battle between him and the crab snatcher was neck and neck?  How true was that statement when it was told to the AU fanbase a couple of years ago?

I hope he turns out to be as bad as ol Turtle Mosely.

Posted this before but it's worth another look since you just hit the nail on the head.  Coker may turn out to be the second coming of Johnny Newton Camziel.  But why the hell would anyone think this will happen just because he's signed on to play for Lord Saybinz?  It's been a Bama circle jerk ever since the FSU coaches said the race was down to the wire.  Bullshit.  Captain Crablegs was NEVER in any jeopardy whatsoever of not being the QB in Tallahassee.  Just like Cam was the starter the minute he put on the pads at Auburn.  Every single time you don't have an incumbent at starter, the coaches say the race is down to the wire.  Why?  To motivate the players and keep them in competition and playing their asses off until they do name the starter.

So, other than Jimbob Fisher saying the QB race was tight between Coker and Crabby Patties, what do the inbreds and the "experts" have to go on?

Rivals 3 star coming out of St. Pauls

Career stats in mop-up duty the past two years:

21-41  295 yards  1 TD  1 INT  Sacked 5 times.

Can someone splain' the hype to me?  Why does this guy automatically jump Bama to the top of the heap?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 04:15:45 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »
Haters gonna hate. Srsly, is he overhyped? Yes. Is he gonna be good? Hell if I know. I only know that Sabin is taking a leap of faith (i.e. grasping for straws) to go after the Kiffer and then take a FSU tranny. I didn't see the UA A day. Didn't need to. Had a friend who admitted it was bad. Real bad on offense. If you have Bama fans saying it was bad, it was atrocious.

We should remember we had a Juco QB come in just last year that didn't practice in the spring. It can work out well.

The real question to me is not how bad the coke head is. It's, how good is Kiffin?

Gus took a guy with a worn out rag arm and broke passing records his first year at AU. It will be interesting to see if Kiffin can win with the kid because apparently, that's all he's got to work with. Amazing that UA could have whatever consecutive years it is as recruiting national champs and possibly be worse off at QB than AU was in '09 or '12.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 04:28:26 PM »
get it on

Well you're dirty and sweet, clad in black  (not much to chose from)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 04:39:35 PM »
Haters gonna hate. Srsly, is he overhyped? Yes. Is he gonna be good? Hell if I know. I only know that Sabin is taking a leap of faith (i.e. grasping for straws) to go after the Kiffer and then take a FSU tranny. I didn't see the UA A day. Didn't need to. Had a friend who admitted it was bad. Real bad on offense. If you have Bama fans saying it was bad, it was atrocious.

We should remember we had a Juco QB come in just last year that didn't practice in the spring. It can work out well.

The real question to me is not how bad the coke head is. It's, how good is Kiffin?

Gus took a guy with a worn out rag arm and broke passing records his first year at AU. It will be interesting to see if Kiffin can win with the kid because apparently, that's all he's got to work with. Amazing that UA could have whatever consecutive years it is as recruiting national champs and possibly be worse off at QB than AU was in '09 or '12.

I've heard some people saying that Kiffin was only brought in to be a scapegoat for the shit-tastic offense Saban is going to have this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 05:05:27 PM »
I've heard some people saying that Kiffin was only brought in to be a scapegoat for the shit-tastic offense Saban is going to have this year.

This could be the case.  I'm not writing them off just yet.  Whether the rankings are inflated or not, you just don't consistently recruit #1 classes every single damn year and not have an ass-load of talent to work with.  And I'm certainly not predicting the Death Star blowing up like some are.

Last year, people just expected them to reload and not skip a beat.  Experience and depth at all the skrillz positions.  But IMO, the entire difference in that team and the year before was the O-line. I recall the very first game against VT.  I had gone to the AU opener so I didn't see their game.  I heard the score and thought it was business as usual.  Saw the stats the next day and saw where they barely eclipsed 200 total yards.  I asked a buddy (One of the rare rational Bama fans) what was up and he said the line just got raped all night.  Could never get anything going.

What I watched of them last year, that seemed to be the case.  They went from a bunch of 330 pound road graders to meh in one year.  They still scored a lot of points last year.  I couldn't name one guy on their line this year. Don't care to. But ultimately, I'm thinking if the O-line is anything like last year, it could be a struggle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 05:26:15 PM »
I think that was me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 08:41:17 AM »
This could be the case.  I'm not writing them off just yet.  Whether the rankings are inflated or not, you just don't consistently recruit #1 classes every single damn year and not have an ass-load of talent to work with.  And I'm certainly not predicting the Death Star blowing up like some are.

Last year, people just expected them to reload and not skip a beat.  Experience and depth at all the skrillz positions.  But IMO, the entire difference in that team and the year before was the O-line. I recall the very first game against VT.  I had gone to the AU opener so I didn't see their game.  I heard the score and thought it was business as usual.  Saw the stats the next day and saw where they barely eclipsed 200 total yards.  I asked a buddy (One of the rare rational Bama fans) what was up and he said the line just got raped all night.  Could never get anything going.

What I watched of them last year, that seemed to be the case.  They went from a bunch of 330 pound road graders to meh in one year.  They still scored a lot of points last year.  I couldn't name one guy on their line this year. Don't care to. But ultimately, I'm thinking if the O-line is anything like last year, it could be a struggle.
Well, they lost their left tackle, Cyrus Kouandijo and backup Center Chad Lindsay (played in 8 games, started 4).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 10:06:51 AM »
Well, they lost their left tackle, Cyrus Kouandijo and backup Center Chad Lindsay (played in 8 games, started 4).
But it would be just the slightest of edges in Auburn's favor if they field Air Bud the Golden Receiver at QB. Hey, there's nothing in the rulebook that says a dog can't play college football!

As soon as they get the crustacean-thieving rapist's 3* mop-up duty backup, all bets are off. Momentum swings wildly to advantage Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 09:48:35 PM »
"Auburn has a huge advantage in the QB department."

So, when a untested ACC backup to a freshman QB transfers in, all bets are off. This Coker fella had better be Marino/Montana/Elway/Moseley/Newton/Brady/Manning, because if he isn't...it's going to be a fun season to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs