Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dunn back at practice, and other tidbits

Ogre

Dunn back at practice, and other tidbits
« on: October 23, 2007, 02:43:43 PM »
Here is a post from Jason Caldwell on ITAT:

According to the head coach, Ryan Pugh ran today and will practice tomorrow. Coach Tommy Tuberville says it’s good to see Pugh getting close to being back to the level he was at before his injury at Arkansas . Tuberville says that the same thing is true with Merrill Johnson and Aairon Savage. Both should be closer to full speed this week.

Some good news is that Tristan Davis is out of the boot and walking after breaking a bone in his foot against Florida in his first game back this season. Tuberville says he won’t play this week, but they’ll see how much he can do. The best case scenario is for him to be able to go next week. Tuberville says the Tigers would be in pretty good shape if he was able to do that.

A player that is back practicing with the team is wide receiver Robert Dunn. After being suspended for the LSU game, Tuberville says he’s back at practice and working hard. “He stood up and addressed the team on Sunday without anyone asking him. He made a mistake and understands that now. He had an opportunity to play in one of the biggest games in college football and he’ll never be able to get that back. He’s got some extra work he’s got to do. That’s between him and Coach Knox now. I washed my hands of it once he’s back on the team. He has to prove himself to his teammates and position coach after that.”

Tuberville notes that Auburn will be ready to play, but Ole Miss will be ready to play as well because it’s a SEC game. He adds you can’t look at past performances because of the way this year has gone, but the way Auburn has played the last four weeks gives him confidence his team will play well.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 03:12:01 PM by SupperClub »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Dunn back at practice
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 02:48:48 PM »
That's great news about TD.  I hadn't kept up, but honestly did not expect to see him on the field again this year.  Get everybody healthy for the stretch run and 4-0 is very possible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Dunn back at practice, and other tidbits
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 04:57:29 PM »
Has TD already used a redshirt?  Probably so, but if not I wouldn't put him back on the field and get him totally healthy for next year.  Didn't take much to re-injure him this time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 05:39:31 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 07:28:59 AM »
Yes.

He could apply for a medical one though.  End up being a seventh year senior.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 08:15:39 AM »
The NCAA officially has it listed on page 2745, paragraph E, subsection IV, microline 38 as... "The Cobb Rule"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 10:21:14 AM »
He could apply for a medical one though.  End up being a seventh year senior.

Actually he cannot qualify for any more redshirts, medical or otherwise.  He can, however, apply for a medical hardship.  Semantic difference, but still different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 10:23:06 AM »
Actually he cannot qualify for any more redshirts, medical or otherwise.  He can, however, apply for a medical hardship.  Semantic difference, but still different.

Interesting.  What is the deal with that.  Can you only have redshirt or a medical redshirt and not one of both?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 10:40:54 AM »
Interesting.  What is the deal with that.  Can you only have redshirt or a medical redshirt and not one of both?

Yep.  One redshirt per player, medical or otherwise. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 10:45:59 AM »
Yep.  One redshirt per player, medical or otherwise. 

Damn.  For a change the lieyer comes through with some useful information.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 08:26:36 AM »
     That's mostly true.  Unless you blow your knee in the SECCG, then the coach sends you back in the game on a bad knee, just to make sure, causing you to miss the entire next year.  Then, you get a sixth year of eligibility.  This is known as the Madre Hill exemption.  There have been a few other players that got exemptions and a sixth year, including a kid named Flanagan that played QB for SMU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 11:42:09 PM »
Slightly OT, but my brother's apparently friends with Dunn. He said he's one of the funniest motherfuckers he knows.

When their teacher was on YouTube on the overhead projector, he demanded that she play this video, to which he replicated his own motions in class.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5bVJbHHlWNA

He also said in one of their classes, some other athlete (I forgot who) had to give a speech in front of the class. He stuttered and could barely get a word out and Dunn busted out laughing and yelled "This boy retarded!" He then decided "This shit is just too good" and got out his camera phone and taped the guy's speech to go on YouTube.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions