Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bruce Pearl may have been

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Bruce Pearl may have been
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2014, 03:35:21 PM »
Definitely looking forward to this BB season thanks to Pearl.

Welcome.

Insightful first post that has me on my seat wanting to read more from you!

But for real...welcome...post often...

Unless you don't...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2014, 03:55:31 PM »
Has Jumbo seen your dog yet?

I just got a dog and I don't think he is gonna roll that way but Tons of Fun is welcome to try.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2014, 03:56:08 PM »
Thanks. 
I'm a long time AU BB fan and AU graduate who remembers going to see the Tigers when Sonny Smith was still coach.  I haven't liked our BB program for some time.  The Lebo and Barbee years were particularly brutal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
*This space for rent*

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2014, 04:09:56 PM »
Thanks. 
I'm a long time AU BB fan and AU graduate who remembers going to see the Tigers when Sonny Smith was still coach.  I haven't liked our BB program for some time.  The Lebo and Barbee years were particularly brutal.

Sonny Smith?  Cool, another old dude like me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2014, 04:12:23 PM »
Sonny Smith?  Cool, another old dude like me.

Tommy Joe Eagles bitches.

but yeah, youre pretty old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2014, 04:14:27 PM »

bitch = choked
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2014, 04:30:53 PM »
Dr. Bob Davis here chilluns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2014, 04:38:38 PM »
Dr. Bob Davis here chilluns.

Winner #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2014, 04:44:05 PM »
We had guys like Mike Mitchell, Stan Petkiewicz and Wayne Bracy. Had Mule King and the Turds down 11 at the half and disintegrated. That was my first college bb game at the old place.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2014, 05:48:52 PM »
We had guys like Mike Mitchell, Stan Petkiewicz and Wayne Bracy. Had Mule King and the Turds down 11 at the half and disintegrated. That was my first college bb game at the old place.

I believe that I actually had Stan's autograph at one time. Didn't he go on to play in Italy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2014, 06:13:26 PM »

Got lucky and got to see Pistol Pete play against john Mengelt and Auburn. There was some schooling that night. Late 60's early 70's if my old ass memory serves. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2014, 06:39:41 PM »

Got lucky and got to see Pistol Pete play against john Mengelt and Auburn. There was some schooling that night. Late 60's early 70's if my old ass memory serves.
That IS cool. Probably wee '70s.
I went to the Omni and saw Pete clowning the Bucks and Lew Alcindor (Kareem) who was held to only 11 points that night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2014, 08:42:48 AM »

That IS cool. Probably wee '70s.
I went to the Omni and saw Pete clowning the Bucks and Lew Alcindor (Kareem) who was held to only 11 points that night.

The real bad part about all of it. It was so long ago and even being there. The game was still in black and white.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2014, 09:55:40 AM »

Never has there been a better Auburn coaching name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
Never has there been a better Auburn coaching name.

Troof.

Guy seemed like a class act too. Hate he died so pre maturely. It WAS on a BB court though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2014, 11:25:04 AM »
Troof.

Guy seemed like a class act too. Hate he died so pre maturely. It WAS on a BB court though.
Was riding around in some neighborhood to find some chicks house who was going to do some proofreading for me--obviously pre email days. Came to a cul-de-sac where a tall man was shooting hoops in the street with 2 kids. My buddy said, "That's coach Eagles!" and it was. We stopped, got out and shot some hoops with the coach. It was cool.

I remember riding in my car years later when the announcement came over the radio about his heart attack. In Puerto Rico, if I remember correctly?

He was a good man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Was riding around in some neighborhood to find some chicks house who was going to do some proofreading for me--obviously pre email days. Came to a cul-de-sac where a tall man was shooting hoops in the street with 2 kids. My buddy said, "That's coach Eagles!" and it was. We stopped, got out and shot some hoops with the coach. It was cool.

I remember riding in my car years later when the announcement came over the radio about his heart attack. In Puerto Rico, if I remember correctly?

He was a good man.

I remembered it being some kind of recruiting camp or something in Utah...I think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2014, 12:27:08 PM »
I remembered it being some kind of recruiting camp or something in Utah...I think.
I googlzd it. You are right, for this one time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2014, 08:09:26 PM »
I was a History Major at Auburn when Eagles came in there.  He was really good friends with one of my History professors, (His name escapes me, but he has written extensively on southern culture.).  Eagles used to show up around him a lot and I got to meet and talk with him on several occasions.  What you saw in his TV show, (those of you old enough to remember his Auburn Basketball Review show.), was what he was like in person.  Genuinely nice guy. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
*This space for rent*

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2014, 11:17:35 PM »
I was a History Major at Auburn when Eagles came in there.  He was really good friends with one of my History professors, (His name escapes me, but he has written extensively on southern culture.).  Eagles used to show up around him a lot and I got to meet and talk with him on several occasions.  What you saw in his TV show, (those of you old enough to remember his Auburn Basketball Review show.), was what he was like in person.  Genuinely nice guy.

Wayne Flynt. :-)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions