Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gus Bus tour

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Gus Bus tour
« on: April 22, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
Apparently, he took a cab from NW Arkansas airport to Muscle Shoals.
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/04/auburns_gus_malzahn_kicks_off.html#incart_river_default

Auburn's Gus Malzahn gets on the "Gus Bus" for his Tiger Trek event. (Joel A. Erickson/jerickson@al.com)
Joel A. Erickson | jerickson@al.com By  Joel A. Erickson | jerickson@al.com   
on April 22, 2014 at 8:26 PM

MUSCLE SHOALS, Alabama -- The summer has officially started for Auburn's football team.

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn began his annual Tiger Trek speaking tour on Tuesday with a trip to Muscle Shoals and Florence, starting a whirlwind group of stops that will mostly be over by mid-May.

And Northwest Alabama greeted Malzahn in style, bringing a "Gus Bus" full of fans to greet the coach's plane when he landed at Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport.

"Well, it's real exciting to be back," Malzahn said. "You know I had a great experience last year. After the first season, you kind of know more of what to expect, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the fans."

Malzahn also offered one last reflection on the Tigers' second-largest A-Day crowd in history, trailing only his first year.

"What really stood out to me first of all is the crowd, 70,000 fans when the weather wasn’t great, it just gave a boost for our players, our coaches, it does nothing but help your recruiting," Malzahn said. "As far as on the field, I think we accomplished kind of what we were looking for."

Malzahn has another Tiger Trek stop in Cullman on Thursday.

But that doesn't mean the work has stopped inside the Auburn football offices.

"This week we’re taking our coordinators and our individual coaches are having their own individual meetings with players," Malzahn said. "Overall, I felt like we accomplished our goals that we set out the very first of spring
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com