No reactions
totally unreasonable

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Thanks fudgeers
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 09:21:44 AM »
http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp

Not saying big government isn't terrible, jus sayin' facts is facts

Damnit man.  Why you gonna let facts get in the way?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Thanks fuckers
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 11:05:19 AM »
Being self-employed was pretty sweet on taxes this year.  So many deductions....

Doing umpiring on the side is considered Self-employed, 1099 issued to me. You would be amazed at how far the complexes are from my house. Even my regular trip on labor day to Auburn seems to end up on my return as an umpire trip expense. Showing umpiring as a pretty big loss really helps us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »

Doing umpiring on the side is considered Self-employed, 1099 issued to me. You would be amazed at how far the complexes are from my house. Even my regular trip on labor day to Auburn seems to end up on my return as an umpire trip expense. Showing umpiring as a pretty big loss really helps us.

Thanks for the heads up.  Will use this as leverage the next time I am audited.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  Will use this as leverage the next time I am audited.

Sure, you tell them you know this guys name Dallaswareagle and you have info on him. You go right ahead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 12:40:47 PM »

Sure, you tell them you know this guys name Dallaswareagle and you have info on him. You go right ahead.

I have your IP.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 01:36:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »
I'll just leave this here...

Buried deep on the website of the U.S. Census Bureau is a number every American citizen, and especially those entrusted with public office, should know. It is 86,429,000.

That is the number of Americans who in 2012 got up every morning and went to work — in the private sector — and did it week after week after week.

These are the people who built America, and these are the people who can sustain it as a free country. The liberal media have not made them famous like the polar bear, but they are truly a threatened species.

It is not a rancher with a few hundred head of cattle that is attacking their habitat, nor an energy company developing a fossil fuel. It is big government and its primary weapon — an ever-expanding welfare state.

First, let's look at the basic taxonomy of the full-time, year-round American worker.

In 2012, according to the Census Bureau, approximately 103,087,000 people worked full-time, year-round in the United States. "A full-time, year-round worker is a person who worked 35 or more hours per week (full time) and 50 or more weeks during the previous calendar year (year round)," said the Census Bureau. "For school personnel, summer vacation is counted as weeks worked if they are scheduled to return to their job in the fall."

Of the 103,087,000 full-time, year-round workers, 16,606,000 worked for the government. That included 12,597,000 who worked for state and local government and 4,009,000 who worked for the federal government.

The 86,429,000 Americans who worked full-time, year-round in the private sector, included 77,392,000 employed as wage and salary workers for private-sector enterprises and 9,037,000 who worked for themselves. (There were also approximately 52,000 who worked full-time, year-round without pay in a family enterprise.)

At first glance, 86,429,000 might seem like a healthy population of full-time private-sector workers. But then you need to look at what they are up against.

The Census Bureau also estimates the size of the benefit-receiving population.

This population, too, falls into two broad categories. The first includes those who receive benefits for public services they performed or in exchange for payroll taxes they dutifully paid their entire working lives. Among these, for example, are those receiving veteran's benefits, those on unemployment and those getting Medicare and Social Security.

The second category includes those who get "means-tested" government benefits — or welfare. These include, for example, those who get Medicaid, food stamps, Supplemental Security Income, public housing, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, and Women, Infants Children.

Let's examine this second category first, which the Census Bureau reports as "anyone residing in a household in which one or more people received benefits from the program."

In the last quarter of 2011, according to the Census Bureau, approximately 82,457,000 people lived in households where one or more people were on Medicaid. 49,073,000 lived in households were someone got food stamps. 23,228,000 lived in households where one or more got WIC. 20,223,000 lived in households where one or more got SSI. 13,433,000 lived in public or government-subsidized housing.

Of course, it stands to reason that some people lived in households that received more than one welfare benefit at a time. To account for this, the Census Bureau published a neat composite statistic: There were 108,592,000 people in the fourth quarter of 2011 who lived in a household that included people on "one or more means-tested program."

Those 108,592,000 outnumbered the 86,429,000 full-time private-sector workers who inhabited the United States in 2012 by almost 1.3 to 1.

This brings us to the first category of benefit receivers. There were 49,901,000 people receiving Social Security in the fourth quarter of 2011, and 46,440,000 receiving Medicare. There were also 5,098,000 getting unemployment compensation.

And there were also, 3,178,000 veterans receiving benefits and 34,000 veterans getting educational assistance.

All told, including both the welfare recipients and the non-welfare beneficiaries, there were 151,014,000 who "received benefits from one or more programs" in the fourth quarter of 2011. Subtract the 3,212,000 veterans, who served their country in the most profound way possible, and that leaves 147,802,000 non-veteran benefit takers.

The 147,802,000 non-veteran benefit takers outnumbered the 86,429,000 full-time private sector workers 1.7 to 1.

How much more can the 86,429,000 endure?

As more baby boomers retire, and as Obamacare comes fully online — with its expanded Medicaid rolls and federally subsidized health insurance for anyone earning less than 400 percent of the poverty level — the number of takers will inevitably expand. And the number of full-time private-sector workers might also contract.

Eventually, there will be too few carrying too many, and America will break.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Thanks fudgeers
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 02:07:36 PM »
I'll just leave this here...
"How much more can the 86,429,000 endure?"

Not very much. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »
The following is a piece of an article from theblaze.com.  Have no idea what that is but I was curious so I googlized "How much aid does the U.S. send to foreign countries?"  It went much further with a cool graph and pie chart and everything so it must be accurate.  But the reason is I've always wondered why in the hell, when this country is about 17 trillion in debt, that we send so much money in aid to so many countries around the world.  Why must we be the undisputed leader in shelling out the bank to everyone else?  Idea.  Stop it!  Invest that money back in the economy to get manufacturing etc. done here...and not China or Mexico or Taiwan.  Change the laws so it will be damn near impossible to take your business to China and get your product made by someone making .25 cents an hour.  Put the freeloaders to work.  Too simple, I know.  Anyway.

The United States spends billion of dollars each year on foreign aid .

In fact, the U.S. sent approximately $37,680,000,000 overseas in 2012 for foreign aid, according to Finance Degree Center, a website dedicated to finance education.

The total amount, which includes investments in national security concerns, counterterrorism efforts and commercial and humanitarian interests, is really rather impressive when you think about it. Indeed, no other country comes even close in terms of providing other countries with monetary aid.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 02:39:24 PM »
It should be fine since our money isn't worth anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 07:12:54 PM »

Be careful with claiming mileage, especially if you are claiming more than just umpire mileage.  If they get suspicious of any deductions that are claimed and decide to audit you (which is more likely if you're consistently reporting losses), then you'll need to present a mileage log that details the dates you umpired and the miles driven.  They may also request vehicle service records to verify that the mileage reported was actually being driven.

This is only if you're audited, but just an FYI.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 06:28:02 AM »
Be careful with claiming mileage, especially if you are claiming more than just umpire mileage.  If they get suspicious of any deductions that are claimed and decide to audit you (which is more likely if you're consistently reporting losses), then you'll need to present a mileage log that details the dates you umpired and the miles driven.  They may also request vehicle service records to verify that the mileage reported was actually being driven.

So really what he said was the next time I am audited you had best have your log book all filled out and ready.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 08:40:40 AM »

I keep a spread sheet with all three of my vehicles with a log of, current miles/dates of umpiring/where I umpired/how many games I had and I how much I get paid. Except for puffing up the miles to the complex it is accurate. Air travel, I have receipts and when out of town (Auburn)-and I have flyers from local tournaments or conferences I would be attending if I was not at a football games or playing golf. Plus I have an account who advises me on such matters.

Started to get greedy a couple of years ago and claim my trip to Germany as umpire liaison to Armed forces. (but thought better of it) 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 11:04:28 AM »
I keep a spread sheet with all three of my vehicles with a log of, current miles/dates of umpiring/where I umpired/how many games I had and I how much I get paid. Except for puffing up the miles to the complex it is accurate. Air travel, I have receipts and when out of town (Auburn)-and I have flyers from local tournaments or conferences I would be attending if I was not at a football games or playing golf. Plus I have an account who advises me on such matters.

Started to get greedy a couple of years ago and claim my trip to Germany as umpire liaison to Armed forces. (but thought better of it)

Do you claim a loss that offsets any of your or your wife's regular income?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

dallaswareagle

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 12:29:19 PM »
Do you claim a loss that offsets any of your or your wife's regular income?

No, I stupid but not that stupid. All I am trying to do is not pay at the end of the year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »
Fair Tax would handle all of these issues.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Vandy Vol

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2014, 06:55:46 PM »
No, I stupid but not that stupid. All I am trying to do is not pay at the end of the year.

Gotcha.  If you're not offsetting other income, then the chances of an audit are low.  Unless you also qualified for and claimed the EITC, because they are cracking down on those claims a little more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 08:40:59 AM »
Gotcha.  If you're not offsetting other income, then the chances of an audit are low.  Unless you also qualified for and claimed the EITC, because they are cracking down on those claims a little more.

????? me not know what that is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 09:03:09 AM »
????? me not know what that is.

Earned Income Tax Credit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions