Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big Time OT--Sharp

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Big Time OT--Sharp
« on: April 10, 2014, 09:35:30 AM »
Obviously, my knowing more about Auburn football than anyone on here gives me a sense of responsibility when it comes to the technical aspects of the game, history, etc. But, I don't think that I should have to shoulder all of the burden re: recruiting info. It puts me in somewhat of a precarious position, being an insider and trying to deftly supply information. It is time for others to step up.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/04/auburn_no_1_for_offensive_tack.html

Auburn 'No. 1' for offensive tackle Bailey Sharp, who says he'll commit soon

Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com By  Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on April 09, 2014 at 6:38 PM, updated April 09, 2014 at 6:39

A commitment from Marietta, Ga., offensive tackle prospect Bailey Sharp appears to be on the horizon, and the Auburn Tigers are in good shape with the 6-foot-6, 295-pounder.

"I've been going all over the place, touring a bunch of schools," Sharp told AL.com Wednesday. "Right now Auburn's my No. 1. I'm narrowing it down in my mind. I'm not (ready to commit) right now, but soon."

During his latest road trip, the consensus three-star prospect visited Notre Dame, Louisville, Clemson and ended the trip in Auburn.

"I got to see Coach (JB) Grimes coach for the first time, which was a big plus for me," he said. "I brought my mom so she could see what Auburn's all about.

"What I like about (Auburn) is it's very family-oriented. And for me, everything is right there at Auburn. The dorms, the academic center, weight room, practice fields, cafeteria... they are all within walking distance."

Bailey Sharp

Sharp picked up his Auburn offer in February and said he grew up an Auburn fan. (247Sports)

Originally from Fairhope, Sharp grew up an Auburn fan and was excited when he received the offer from the Tigers in February. He estimates he's made five trips to the Plains throughout the recruiting process and plans to return for the A-Day game next weekend.

"I met with Coach (Tim) Horton, my recruiting coordinator and talked to Coach (Gus) Malzahn about my family and everything," he said when asked about last weekend's visit. "I can commit whenever I want. When I first got the Auburn offer, (the Auburn coaches) were excited. But (Malzahn) said, 'I want you to take your time and go to the other schools, but just keep Auburn in your thoughts.'"

Of the 24 schools that have offered Sharp, he says he hears from Auburn, Georgia, South Carolina and Clemson frequently.

Sprayberry coach Billy Shackelford believes his star player is ready to put recruiting behind him.

"I think he's ready to pull the trigger," Shackelford said. "I know he doesn't want to be distracted his senior year. He's always had an affection (for Auburn) and when they offered he was obviously very excited.

"I think Georgia and Clemson are in the mix, but he's always had a real strong heart for Auburn. He's very impressed with the coaching staff and the facilities. They make him feel very welcome and needed, and that's appealing to him."

Auburn signed just two offensive linemen in the 2014 recruiting class and Shackelford believes Sharp could make a quick impact with the Tigers.

"He's good student and a great player," Shackelford said. "He's athletic, plays well and doesn't miss practice or a game. He's very durable and is learning to play the game meaner and nastier every week."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

Re: Big Time OT--Sharp
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 12:41:13 PM »
Obviously, my knowing more about Auburn football than anyone on here gives me a sense of responsibility when it comes to the technical aspects of the game, history, etc. But, I don't think that I should have to shoulder all of the burden re: recruiting info. It puts me in somewhat of a precarious position, being an insider and trying to deftly supply information. It is time for others to step up.

I only know we are damn lucky to have you on the team son. Keep up the good work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 12:43:02 PM »
I only know we are damn lucky to have you on the team son. Keep up the good work.

I just wanted to say, "Good luck, we're all counting on you."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »
Obviously, my knowing more about Auburn football than anyone on here gives me a sense of responsibility when it comes to the technical aspects of the game, history, etc

This board is full of low standards and fail. Thank you for rising to the top of it.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 01:48:48 AM »
Since this past A-Day weekend, two days ago, Auburn has landed three **** players (OT Bailey Sharp, OG Marquel Harrell & S Ben Edwards)...that number could go up a couple more before the end of the week (WR D'Anfernee McGriff & OG Kaleb Kim)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs