Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Field Storming....

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Field Storming....
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:05:00 AM »
Well, I have never! I'm too much of an elitist. Thought about it a few times. Certainly after this years Iron Bowl but I remember seeing them with the batons of years ago and I saw a girl get hammered one time by a trooper. I think it was the year they got the goal posts down and almost threw them over to the outside were it not for Carl coming over the PA and begging the crowd.

But, if I did storm the field, I'd likely have this guys luck.:

Auburn fan found guilty of disorderly conduct after storming field to celebrate Iron Bowl victory

Iron Bowl fans on field
Fans rush the field and celebrate after Auburn's 34-28 victory against Alabama in the Iron Bowl on Sunday, Nov. 1, 2013, at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ala. Auburn upset Alabama on a touchdown return after

AUBURN, Alabama -- An Auburn fan was found guilty of disorderly conduct for storming the field at Jordan-Hare Stadium after the Iron Bowl, according to the Opelika-Auburn News.

Britt Thomas, 21, of Dadeville was said to be "uncooperative," according to the Lee County Sheriff's Office, as thousands of Auburn fans stormed the field to celebrate the Tigers' 34-28 victory against Alabama in the last second of regulation on Nov. 30.

Thomas' attorney argued Tuesday for his client, asking Capt. Chris Wallace during the bench trial why his client was any different from the thousands of other fans who stormed the field to celebrate the Tigers' victory. Wallace, who was working the northwest side of the stadium, said his area was secure and that Thomas was only one of a few people to get out at the time, according to the report.

Thomas will be required to pay a $100 fine with a suspended jail sentence, but his attorney told the Opelika-Auburn News he may appeal the decision.

Wallace said Thomas tried to kick him while trying to get away from officers. Thomas said a deputy hurt him, causing abrasions from his armpit to pelvic area. He was also pinned to the ground and Thomas said five deputies refused to provide him medical treatment.

Auburn's Chris Davis returned a missed field goal 109 yards for the game-winning touchdown to lift the Tigers into the SEC Championship Game and, eventually, land them in the BCS National Championship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Field Storming....
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:14:44 AM »

Thomas' attorney argued Tuesday for his client, asking Capt. Chris Wallace during the bench trial why his client was any different from the thousands of other fans who stormed the field to celebrate the Tigers' victory.

That's what I was thinking. Was he wearing pink and dancing onto the field? Hoe did he distinguish himself enough that five officers kept him down?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Field Storming....
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:33:33 AM »
Wallace said Thomas tried to kick him while trying to get away from officers. Thomas said a deputy hurt him, causing abrasions from his armpit to pelvic area. He was also pinned to the ground and Thomas said five deputies refused to provide him medical treatment.

Sounds like they were giving him as much medical treatment as they could.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'