Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Calling Out Phat Phil

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Calling Out Phat Phil
« on: April 07, 2014, 05:34:53 PM »
Phat Phil's articles have always sucked, but lately the simple things have really been pissing me off.  Does the man not have an editor?  Is he COMPLETELY incapable of writing an article that contains no spelling or grammatical errors?  I swear I have not read a single one of his "columns" lately that has been edited to remove the fat fingered typing, blatant errors, misstatements, etc.

So I have started calling him out on it.  if I find errors, I comment every time, asking if he has an editor.  He calls himself a "professional journalist" - well, if he's a professional, I'm a bammer.  It is embarrassing to have such unpolished work come out under the official Auburn banner.  If ANYONE should be a bastion of proper grammar and writing technique, you would think a "professional" sportswriter would be.  As many years as he has been doing this, you'd think he'd be better at it.

I encourage each of you to do the same thing - if you see something, say something.  I am getting all kinds of flack from his Kool-Aid drinking fan club, but I really don't care.  He needs to clean up his act, because it is reflecting poorly on Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Calling Out Phat Phil
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »
Phat Phil's articles have always sucked, but lately the simple things have really been pissing me off.  Does the man not have an editor?  Is he COMPLETELY incapable of writing an article that contains no spelling or grammatical errors?  I swear I have not read a single one of his "columns" lately that has been edited to remove the fat fingered typing, blatant errors, misstatements, etc.

So I have started calling him out on it.  if I find errors, I comment every time, asking if he has an editor.  He calls himself a "professional journalist" - well, if he's a professional, I'm a bammer.  It is embarrassing to have such unpolished work come out under the official Auburn banner.  If ANYONE should be a bastion of proper grammar and writing technique, you would think a "professional" sportswriter would be.  As many years as he has been doing this, you'd think he'd be better at it.

I encourage each of you to do the same thing - if you see something, say something.  I am getting all kinds of flack from his Kool-Aid drinking fan club, but I really don't care.  He needs to clean up his act, because it is reflecting poorly on Auburn.
Phil blocked me long, long ago. I believe my crime was disagreeing with him that Never To Yield was a scourge upon mankind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:33:48 PM »
I respond on FB whenever AU Athletics posts one of his articles. He can't block that.  And I post enough on other articles to keep from seeming like a troll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 09:53:11 PM »
Easter is still a couple weeks away, so GF can get another special message together for him
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions