Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Carr Guard

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Carr Guard
« on: April 04, 2014, 02:16:02 PM »
Apparently the experts think we lead for this guy. 6'5" 311 junior in HIGH SCHOOL. Don't see many of these man-childs. He can stand flat foot and shat in a dump truck.

We have seemed kinda quiet on the recruiting front (as far as our national ranking goes) but I'm reading more about these big time guys that like AU. I see a big difference in our head to head recruiting with Bama and UGA. Gus gots the mo right now.

Nation's No. 9 offensive guard Tyler Carr attending Auburn's A-Day, Tide remains in mix
Tyler Carr
Tyler Carr of Southside-Gadsden (left) goes through position drills during the Nike Football Training Camp in Hoover on Sunday, March 30, 2014. (Tamika Moore/tmoore@al.com)

See what Southside-Gadsden OL Tyler Carr said about his recruitment by Auburn and Alabama. (Wesley Sinor/wsinor@al.com)
 Southside-Gadsden's Tyler Carr has picked up five new offers since Jan. 22, but the consensus four-star offensive guard prospect has kept his foot off the gas in terms of his recruitment.

Carr has held offers from Auburn, Alabama, Georgia and Vanderbilt for some time, but in the last 10 weeks Arkansas, Louisville, Miami, Penn State and Army have jumped on board.

"It's going great," Carr told AL.com before Sunday's Nike Football Training Camp in Hoover. "I've been pursued pretty hard by a lot of great schools. I feel like it will be kind of interesting here in the next couple months."

Carr said Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Penn State and Miami have been recruiting him the hardest recently.

He recently visited Georgia and is set to visit Auburn for the A-Day Game April 19. He's also planning to attend an Alabama practice in Tuscaloosa in the near future.

The 6-foot-5, 311-pounder shared his thoughts on Auburn, Alabama and Georgia:

AUBURN

"I like Coach (J.B.) Grimes. I feel like (Auburn's coaches) are really great guys. They all come and see me, it's not just him. I feel like they all talk to me, it's not just one guy.

"(The 2013 turnaound) speaks for itself. It was remarkable to see what they had done and how short a time it really was. It was really great."

ALABAMA

"I feel like Coach (Mario) Cristobal's a great guy. He's real fun to be around and Alabama also has a tradition that speaks for itself. It's been fun to be around those guys too."

GEORGIA

"They got all the talent and all the tools and everything and I think they're going to put it together this year and it's going to be fun to watch them."

Carr, the nation's No. 9 guard prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, said he's planning a late October or early November commitment. Several recruiting reporters have predicted he will pick Auburn.

"I'm working with my team, trying to be the leader of team mainly, he said. "I think that's the big thing -- focus on high school and the college stuff will come later... I'm still trying to see what all's out there and make a decision from there."

Carr allowed no sacks in 2013 and tallied 91 knockdowns for the Panthers, who went 13-0 before falling to Muscle Shoals in the Class 5A semifinals. He underwent an emergency appendectomy on Nov. 18, days before the Muscle Shoals game.

Watch Carr's full interview with AL.com in the video above and check out his highlights below.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Carr Guard
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 04:14:19 PM »
Carr has held offers from Auburn, Alabama, Georgia and Vanderbilt for some time, but in the last 10 weeks Arkansas, Louisville, Miami, Penn State and Army have jumped on board.

When I was in recruiting I gave out scholarships all the time, also gave females physicals. (With females if you can't put them in the army put some army in them)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 05:02:11 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 04:21:49 PM »

When I was in recruiting I gave out scholarships all the time, also gave females physicals. (With females if you can't put them in the army put Army some in them)
Who else has been drinking early today?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »
Who else has been drinking early today?

:bar: :meme:    Slow Friday but at least I am at work. :meme: :meme: :meme: :meme:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 09:49:04 PM »
There are stories of yesteryear that an Auburn man, close to our hearts, who stands 6' or more shats in pick-ups.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 08:11:14 AM »
There are stories of yesteryear that an Auburn man, close to our hearts, who stands 6' or more shats in pick-ups.

Number one in your hearts, number two in your trucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."