Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2014 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Official 2014 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2014, 02:45:04 PM »
Jason Heyward for 10-9 pitcher.  Makes perfect sense.  Couldn't unload Blow Job Upton but you can let Heyward go for 10-9.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »
Jason Heyward for 10-9 pitcher.  Makes perfect sense.  Couldn't unload Blow Job Upton but you can let Heyward go for 10-9.

Gotta pay for that new, unnecessary stadium somehow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2014, 03:12:21 PM »

Ehhh, he's better than the record shows. Run support was an issue in his starts. Ive read his ERA was under 3 after the break. Jarhead can opine.

Heyward also wasnt all that. A modern day Dale Murphy really. Sounds like a good trade for both teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »
Ehhh, he's better than the record shows. Run support was an issue in his starts. Ive read his ERA was under 3 after the break. Jarhead can opine.

Heyward also wasnt all that. A modern day Dale Murphy really. Sounds like a good trade for both teams.

Can't say I wasn't disappointed in his career so far.  Defensively, there are none better. But, it was that incredible potential he had at the plate, which hasn't panned out yet.  I always thought he was just F'd up with his approach at the plate.  Weird stance and standing so far off the dish.  Probably a good trade but it's just scary to give up a guy so young and athletic.  Wish him the best but I'm gonna' be pissed if he goes to the Cards and tears it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2014, 04:39:59 PM »

He was good, back of the rotation type guy, maybe could have been a solid 2 or 3, but with Waino locked up long term, Lynn and Wacha the clear 2 and 3 for a few years, Miller became expendable.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »
The issue for me is pitching was not the Braves problem last year.  Overall, they towards the top of the league in most categories.  It was hitting, plain and simple.  So, what do the Bravos do?  Trade their starting second baseman for a pitcher coming off Tommy John surgery and trade their starting right fielder for a another pitcher. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2014, 04:58:47 PM »
The issue for me is pitching was not the Braves problem last year.  Overall, they towards the top of the league in most categories.  It was hitting, plain and simple.  So, what do the Bravos do?  Trade their starting second baseman for a pitcher coming off Tommy John surgery and trade their starting right fielder for a another pitcher.

But it does - more times than not - win championships. Giants, Cards the last decade - nuff said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2014, 05:04:45 PM »
But it does - more times than not - win championships. Giants, Cards the last decade - nuff said.

We still have BJ. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2014, 10:05:33 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »
The more I think about this trade, the less I like it.  I keep thinking it's a JD Drew for Adam Wainwright, but in reverse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2014, 03:02:40 PM »
The more I think about this trade, the less I like it.  I keep thinking it's a JD Drew for Adam Wainwright, but in reverse.

I hate, hate, hate it.  Our pitching was fine.  3rd overall in the NL. Our hitting was rancid.  11th out of 15 teams.  I can live with trades of Heyward and La Stella...oh, and RP Jordan Walden. But we needed sticks.  Go get the Big Panda for chrisshakes.

BTDub...did you see what the lowly Marlins gave Jeeanncarlo Mike Stanton?  13 years? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »
BTDub...did you see what the lowly Marlins gave Jeeanncarlo Mike Stanton?  13 years?

After going to the Clevelander with GF, I can totally understand why someone would want to play for the Marlins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2014, 03:04:54 PM »
I don't see the worry.  Bravos hit 120 next year without breaking a sweat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »
I don't see the worry.  Bravos hit 120 next year without breaking a sweat.

By the end of April.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2014, 03:36:45 PM »
Yep.  I think a .120 BA next season is about right.

And since the Braves need hitting so bad, they're meeting with John Lester Thursday. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2014, 09:36:11 AM »
I hate, hate, hate it.  Our pitching was fine.  3rd overall in the NL. Our hitting was rancid.  11th out of 15 teams.  I can live with trades of Heyward and La Stella...oh, and RP Jordan Walden. But we needed sticks.  Go get the Big Panda for chrisshakes.

A lot of that bad hitting was because of Heyward. He was hot n cold and in a contract year. Some good pitching can cover a lot of hitting woes, esp when its a hot n cold hitting team like the Bravos. Get quality pitching when you can. Heyward was overrated, overpaid and they got a good young long term arm for him. I just would have prefered it to be BJ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2014, 09:59:34 AM »
A lot of that bad hitting was because of Heyward. He was hot n cold and in a contract year. Some good pitching can cover a lot of hitting woes, esp when its a hot n cold hitting team like the Bravos. Get quality pitching when you can. Heyward was overrated, overpaid and they got a good young long term arm for him. I just would have prefered it to be BJ.

I can agree with all of this with the exception of the "hot" part.  When were the Bravos ever hot last year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2014, 10:39:25 AM »
I can agree with all of this with the exception of the "hot" part.  When were the Bravos ever hot last year?

Games 1-7
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2014, 10:47:40 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
I stand corrected.  :thumsup:

and games 8-162, cold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions