friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Johnny Football Pro Day!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 03:43:19 PM »
Gotta give him credit.  I hope the guy makes it.  He's fun to watch.  I've heard a ton of critics say there's no way he'll succeed as a pro QB, because of both his size and his tendency to take off every chance he gets.  He may not make it.  Don't know and I've quit trying to predict these things.  But watching him do what he did against Duke in the bowl game was off the chizzain.  Probably won't translate to the pros but it'd be fun to watch if he could make it happen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 03:46:54 PM »
Gotta give him credit.  I hope the guy makes it.  He's fun to watch.  I've heard a ton of critics say there's no way he'll succeed as a pro QB, because of both his size and his tendency to take off every chance he gets.  He may not make it.  Don't know and I've quit trying to predict these things.  But watching him do what he did against Duke in the bowl game was off the chizzain.  Probably won't translate to the pros but it'd be fun to watch if he could make it happen.
Meh...he's no Cam Newton
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 03:56:43 PM »
Meh...he's no Cam Newton

Perfect analogy for why a lot of people don't like JFF.  I would venture a guess that 90% or 17/22nds of the people outside of AU fans couldn't stand Cam while he played.  Even before the $Camdal.  He kept getting larger than life with each game.  He led the charge at the start of the fourth quarter, taking the team down to get the fans pumped up.  He was always in the crowd after every win.  He had the big smile.  (Damn, I miss that man)  They hated him because they didn't have him.  Same with JFF.  If he's your JFF, he's the greatest that ever lived.  If not, he's a spoiled, cocky, little cheatin' bitch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 03:57:10 PM »
Meh...he no wasn't paid as much as Cam Newton

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 05:09:40 PM »
Perfect analogy for why a lot of people don't like JFF.  I would venture a guess that 90% or 17/22nds of the people outside of AU fans couldn't stand Cam while he played.  Even before the $Camdal.  He kept getting larger than life with each game.  He led the charge at the start of the fourth quarter, taking the team down to get the fans pumped up.  He was always in the crowd after every win.  He had the big smile.  (Damn, I miss that man)  They hated him because they didn't have him.  Same with JFF.  If he's your JFF, he's the greatest that ever lived.  If not, he's a spoiled, cocky, little cheatin' bitch.
I give props when props are do.  I think he will be Tebow redux.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 05:16:38 PM »

I think a lot of that has do with what team drafts him. If in time you don't put some good people around him he will get killed. Like him or not Troy Aikman only got better as the Cowboys got better. If during the same time he was on the  Bucs or Redskins I don't think he makes the hall of fame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 05:20:50 PM »

Honestly, I'm witcha'.  Really have my doubts that he'll make it.  At least for the long run.  Not to say he won't go RGIII1/2 for a bit. He's got those kinds of skillz.  But over the long run...

I just think he's incredible to watch and hope he proves a lot of experts wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 09:05:16 PM »

Well, I disagree slightly. Foozball can at least throw the ball in a 5 yard perimeter of his WR. If Foozball has some competent receivers then he will prolly last a good bit longer. The problem I see here is if ole Johnny lands on a team that has shit for an OL, he is done for. Auburn had a not so great D last year and he spent the remainder of the year hurt after he played AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions