Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

LB Commitment today

kirkAU

LB Commitment today
« on: August 18, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »
Auburn picked up a big commitment Monday when one of the South's top linebacker prospects said he'd sign with the Tigers, AuburnSports.com has learned.

Atlanta (Ga.) Douglass' Jonathan Atchison, 6-foot-3, 215 pounds, committed to Auburn over offers from Alabama, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Ole Miss, West Virginia and Purdue among others.

Atchison narrowed his list to Auburn and Alabama before ultimately picking the Tigers. He visited the Plains in late July and left with Auburn on top. He also visited Tuscaloosa.

According to a source, Atchison informed lead recruiter Terry Price of the news Monday. The two have developed a strong relationship throughout the process and it played a role in his decision.

"We have a really good bond," Atchison said following his visit in July. "He's a cool guy, down-to-earth, and doesn't sugarcoat anything. He's real."

Atchison made the choice Monday to commit to the Tigers.
Atchison also hit it off with Auburn linebacker coach James Willis on the visit.

"We bonded really well. I really liked coach Willis. My mom loved him, too," said Atchison. "He's one of the coolest guys down there.

"If I went to Auburn, he would be my coach. That would be really nice, a big plus."

Atchison will now get that chance. He is Auburn's 23rd verbal commitment in the 2009 class.

Rivals.com rates Atchison the No. 59 outside linebacker in the country and No. 64 overall recruit in the state of Georgia.

As a junior, Atchison recorded 110 tackles and 12 sacks. He could play either in the middle or outside linebacker in college.

-from rivals.  Atchison's video is pretty sick.  Looks like a good commitment for the defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Atchison?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 04:46:25 PM »
There is a report on scout that we got a committ from Atchison, can this be verified?  I got an email from scout saying we have a new committ but none was actually listed on their committ list.  The last committ on the scout list is the JC reciever Kenney
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: Atchison?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 04:48:34 PM »
My bad, just saw the article on the football forum
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

kirkAU

Re: LB Commitment today
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 05:29:31 PM »
my bad, meant to put here.  but yes, confirmed, we got a verbal commitment from him today.  Good news for us, Bad for Saban the "most powerful coach in all of sports."  Saban was trying to get Atchinson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
Very nice pick-up.

He's going to fill out nicely at about 245.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 06:00:36 PM »
Don't be silly.  This guy amounts to the crumbs under Saban's table.

Bama never wanted him.  They'll tell you so. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »
I have him as a 4 Grillz....but could very well be a 5 Grill type player.  If he has the same numbers or better, in his SR. year, I'm giving him the extra Grillz.  This mutha fucker is bad to the God damn bone.  Think of another Tray Blackmon or Eltoro Freeman and that's what you get, only Bigger.  I have a feeling that AU will get Petey Smith LB/DE, Conor O'Neill LB/S, Jamar Travis DT, Johnnie Farms OG, Montez Robinson DE, one of Branden Smith/Zeke Motta DB,  one of Steven Jacques/Wesley Johnson/Jared Wheeler OL, and possibly one more WR.  That would give us a total of 30 to 31 prospect commitments.  So, take away Eltoro Freeman, Wilford Journet, Nick Fairley, and Cameron Kenney, because they'll be coming in early and they'll count towards last year's class (If Reggie Hunt doesn't make it in, Auburn only brought in 20 prospects).  There's also word that a HS prospect will come in early too, that'll leave Auburn with, say Auburn gets 30, 25 Commitments for this year's class.  Now I'm not really sure what the Roster Number will be after the SRs graduate.....and that's assuming that all of the (RS)JRs, JRs, and (RS)SOs stay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 09:24:37 PM »
This mutha fucker is bad to the God damn bone. 

I like how you capitalize the lords name right before you take it in vein...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 02:10:01 AM »
Thats how we fucking roll. :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Six

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 04:01:02 AM »

Or vain, even. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 05:17:40 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 08:10:55 AM »
He may love Vein?

just the main one.  Or is it the mane one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »
He's going to be a good one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 10:52:40 AM »
He's going to be a good one.

Oh yea?  Seen him game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 12:46:03 AM »
Now he's wavering a bit.  Said that he wants to visit uat, he wants to check thing$ out....I'd be highly surprised if Auburn keeps this guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 10:01:58 AM »
Ah, how quickly the winds have left the sail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 10:46:30 AM »
Still firm.  ....according to some writers in certain premium "would know better than us" locations.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions