Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

UA students say they’ve been threatened by The Machine after SGA elections

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/54679337/ns/local_news-birmingham_al/t/ua-students-say-theyve-been-harassed-threatened-machine-after-sga-elections

UA students say they’ve been harassed, threatened by The Machine after SGA elections for supporting other candidates

WVTM-TV
updated 3/14/2014 6:20:27 PM ET

Some University of Alabama students say they don't feel safe after receiving threats because of their involvement in Student Government Association campaigns. 

Students say members of a secret underground group known as The Machine have been harassing and threatening them after students openly supported SGA candidates that opposed Machine supported candidates.

Yik Yak describes itself as "the anonymous social wall for anything and everything," and that's exactly what students claim was posted on Tuesday during Student Government Association elections.

"Things have been posted anonymously saying that they should burn our building down or someone said we should bring down a storm on Mallet. You know we're not comfortable sleeping on the first floor of this building right now because we don't know what people are going to do," said Lexis Doland, a member of The Mallet Assembly.

But the students say the back lash against those who didn't support The Machine backed candidates didn't stop there. Madelyn Dukes says her phone number was used to create a personal ad on Craigslist for "women seeking men."

"With the way that people have taken this just a step too far doesn't show that their track record is necessarily trusting in my safety from here on out," she said. 

During the day Tuesday, Dukes says she and other students supporting presidential candidate Justin Thompson were yelled at, spit on, and cursed out. Students say most of the name calling, harassment, and threats they received happened along the Crimson Promenade near the Ferguson Student Center on campus.

Thompson says he expected some of the backlash because of his homosexuality.
Advertise

"It wasn't completely unexpected, but the jokes I just think people are uncomfortable with it. They don't appreciate others sexuality, different types of people," he said.

Others who openly supported Thompson for president say their phone numbers were posted on Craigslist adds for cars and video game systems, which raked in dozens of calls.

"It was really kind of an indirect, indirect harassment by whomever put the numbers up," said Jesse Davis, one of Thompson's supporters.

Whether direct or not, the students say they hope for a united university campus that respects others.

A UA Spokesperson said: "The University is aware of the allegations surrounding the recent Student Government Association election. These allegations are being investigated by the UA Elections Board. At this point, it is too early to know who might be involved or how many people might be involved in any alleged Election Day violation."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Every time I read about "The Machine" that controls politics at that cesspool and also politics in the state, I remember that I want to write a book about a middle aged black man who does some kind of shit job like a garbage man or janitor but is secretly a genius.  He teams up with a jaded white guy who was shunned by The Machine and together they expose The Machine as a bunch of old white hairs and their offspring who are all racist, greedy, and detrimental to the overall well-being of the state.

Think Good Will Hunting meets The Bourne Identity if it was set in a modernized O Brother Where Art Thou?. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Every time I read about "The Machine" that controls politics at that cesspool and also politics in the state, I remember that I want to write a book about a middle aged black man who does some kind of shit job like a garbage man or janitor but is secretly a genius.  He teams up with a jaded white guy who was shunned by The Machine and together they expose The Machine as a bunch of old white hairs and their offspring who are all racist, greedy, and detrimental to the overall well-being of the state.

Think Good Will Hunting meets The Bourne Identity if it was set in a modernized O Brother Where Art Thou?.

I would not buy this book. I have too many white hairs....I have been told.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

You complement yours with orange and blue. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
You can't see your pubes? Me either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Mine just quit on me and fell out before it turned white.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
hawtt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.

At one time I had a receding hairline, then it went full retreat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Has al.com reported on it yet, or are they waiting to get the spin from the machine to run it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Why would Pink Floyd want to hurt college students?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
You can't see your pubes? Me either.
Why are you trying to see his pubes?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."