Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Some of you may want to consider moving to Texas

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Some of you may want to consider moving to Texas
« on: March 17, 2014, 01:33:54 PM »
http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/03/key_to_passing_bestiality_bill.html#incart_river_default
Joey Kennedy | jkennedy@al.com By  Joey Kennedy | jkennedy@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on March 17, 2014 at 11:47 AM, updated March 17, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Bestiality is just one legislative step away from being a crime in Alabama. (wikimedia commons)

One wonders why in the world the Alabama Legislature would fail to pass a bill that makes it a crime for somebody to have sex with an animal. The irony is Alabama prohibits sex toys, but bestiality is legal.

That may change this year, as it should. A bill to outlaw sexual contact with animals is one step away from passing the Legislature. It's already passed the Senate and a House committee. It's waiting for a vote of the full House.

As uncomfortable as the topic may be, bestiality does occur. Indeed, Mindy Gilbert, Alabama director of the Humane Society of the United States, said there are forums on the Internet where men and women can advertise for animals to use for sex. And in animal sexual abuse fact sheet distributed by the Humane Society of the U.S., "almost any internet search engine will lead you to very graphic and disturbing material describing and promoting the sexual abuse of animals."

Too, according to FBI research, serial sexual homicide perpetrators also have high rates of sexual assault on animals. Another study showed that up to 37 percent of sexually violent juvenile offenders had a history of animal sexual assault.

Last year, Gilbert said, the deputy director of the state district attorneys' association said Alabama needs this law.

"There are cases that get reported that can't be prosecuted," Gilbert said. "It's not a puppy hugger bill. These people who commit these acts do so for self-gratification."

And it should go without saying that a dog or horse or whichever animal cannot give consent, informed or otherwise.

OK, no-brainer, right? Apparently not. The bill was one step away last session and didn't pass, though not because of opposition.

"We're not aware of any opposition," Gilbert said. "But nobody wants to talk about it."

This is an awkward topic, yes, but it should be discussed as the serious issue it is, not as some kind of joke like high school sophomores do when sex comes up in their biology classes.

One certainty: Lawmakers do not want their name in the act's title. That's what happened last year, when tensions between Republicans and Democrats led the Senate Judiciary Committee to sophomorically rename the bill the "Craig Ford Bestiality Act." Ford, a Democrat from Gadsden, is the minority leader in the House, and had strongly accused and criticized the Republican supermajority of not treating his party fairly.

This year, Sen. Tom Whatley, R-Auburn, sponsored the bill. But make no mistake: It is not the "Tom Whatley Bestiality Act." The bill has no name other than "SB 151."

For the record, Alabama is not alone in legally condoning bestiality. Bestiality is currently still legal in Texas, Hawaii, Kentucky, Virginia, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Vermont, West Virginia, Montana, Wyoming and the District of Columbia.

Of course, the unnamed bestiality bill needs to become law and remove Alabama from that list. Bestiality is animal abuse, and the those who commit it should have to answer for their crime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Some of you may want to consider moving to Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 02:05:14 PM »
I think I can speak for the Texas folks on here when I say if you have ever thought about fucking an animal (not the ugly chick from the bar) but a four legged beast.

Stay your ass where you are. You are not needed in Texas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:17:40 PM »
I think I can speak for the Texas folks on here when I say if you have ever thought about fudgeing an animal (not the ugly chick from the bar) but a four legged beast.

Stay your ass where you are. You are not needed in Texas.

What's the matter, afraid of competition?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 02:20:44 PM »
What's the matter, afraid of competition?

I got friends in low places.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 08:56:14 PM »
Doesn't VV live in Tejas?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 08:58:28 PM »
He is at home on a Big D, but he makes his home in B'ham
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 12:28:41 AM »

No, I just frequently visit to please the queers...and steers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin