Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Corporate America-updated

Re: Corporate America-updated
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2014, 01:33:38 PM »
Unfortunately for you, I copied that little statement before you deleted it.  And it sums up your position up neatly, doesn't it?

So I guess you can understand why many on here would resent being seen as the means to fund the standard of living of a healthy, educated young person who walks away from gainful employment while trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up, even when he has a family to support.  I hope you appreciate the gift you have been given, and make the most of the opportunities that seem to have come your way.  I suspect that you may feel as though you are entitled to this freedom to find yourself, no matter the cost, because happiness is so important to one's self-esteem, and everyone deserves to be happy.  Or at least YOU do, right?  Because that's what matters!

So by all means, let me and my fellow corporate drones continue to fund your journey of self-exploration. We hope you succeed beyond your wildest dreams, so that one day you too can pay enough taxes to support the next generation of wanderers.  Here.  Have a cookie.  Nap time is in 15 minutes.  We will pass out the trophies afterwards.

What you DON'T seem to want to understand is that I DON'T feel that way.  You're so blockheaded and stubborn and full of yourself as believing that you're the only spine of the country that you refuse to hear what anyone else is saying.  Which is why I deleted it.  Because I knew you would take it wrong and miss the sarcasm. 

And you act like I didn't pay taxes.  What's 14% of $51k?  That came out immediately.  What would I pay in health insurance if I was paying it by myself?  You really think self-employed workers are funded by people like you?  I didn't take out a loan.  I didn't borrow anything.  Only tax deductions I got were from materials that I purchased with my own savings.  What exactly do you think you're providing for me that others aren't? 

Please cite specifically where your hard earned money gave me some kind of special opportunity that wasn't there without your corporate job?  Roads?  Military?  But wait, I still paid federal, state, and FICA.  So you can't take all the credit there. 

What you refuse to acknowledge is that our economy is diverse and performs like a team.  There are no handouts unless you're on some kind of welfare.  Never took an unemployment check.  Don't even know what food stamps look like. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2014, 01:46:46 PM »
What you DON'T seem to want to understand is that I DON'T feel that way.  You're so blockheaded and stubborn and full of yourself as believing that you're the only spine of the country that you refuse to hear what anyone else is saying.  Which is why I deleted it.  Because I knew you would take it wrong and miss the sarcasm. 

And you act like I didn't pay taxes.  What's 14% of $51k?  That came out immediately.  What would I pay in health insurance if I was paying it by myself?  You really think self-employed workers are funded by people like you?  I didn't take out a loan.  I didn't borrow anything.  Only tax deductions I got were from materials that I purchased with my own savings.  What exactly do you think you're providing for me that others aren't? 

Please cite specifically where your hard earned money gave me some kind of special opportunity that wasn't there without your corporate job?  Roads?  Military?  But wait, I still paid federal, state, and FICA.  So you can't take all the credit there. 

What you refuse to acknowledge is that our economy is diverse and performs like a team.  There are no handouts unless you're on some kind of welfare.  Never took an unemployment check.  Don't even know what food stamps look like.

I pay about 38% in taxes.  Your suffering amuses me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »
1st world problems
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2014, 01:51:01 PM »

I pay more than 14%.  Was just saying that's what comes out immediately being self-employed.  And I didn't say I was suffering at all.  Just pointing out that I'm not walking up to some government office to accept a cash payment from TW's bank account.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2014, 01:51:59 PM »
I pay more than 14%.  Was just saying that's what comes out immediately being self-employed.  And I didn't say I was suffering at all.  Just pointing out that I'm not walking up to some government office to accept a cash payment from TW's bank account.

I wasn't aware that option was available.  To which office should I go? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »
I wasn't aware that option was available.  To which office should I go?

I'd like to know as well.  Apparently she makes the big bucks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2014, 02:03:18 PM »
You two get your own Sugar Mama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2014, 02:29:14 PM »
I was talking with the accountant the other day and was astonished at the amount of taxes we take out on the butler.  On another note, whenever my driver would take the Aston Martin to get serviced or detailed, he would try to claim the mileage as a business expense.  Imagine the nerve of some people. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2014, 02:34:11 PM »

And that's great.  If you are a conscientious tax paying citizen like most of us, then good on you. 

I do remember a post a while back though about how you were considering going on benefits after you quit your gainful employment, and then wanted your wife to quit her job at the same time so she could stay home with the baby.  To some of us, benefits are for a temporary support system when you lose your job involuntarily or due to circumstances beyond your control, like sickness or an accident. I would find a fast food job before I went on benefits if I were healthy and able to work - working a job like that or on a farm or on a road crew in Texas in July is a motivating factor to speed up the "what do I want to be" discussion.  Now, obviously we find out that you didn't do that, but you never said otherwise until now. 

But all that aside - what really chaps me about your little ongoing narrative is that you are SO damn condescending from your little pedestal in your attitude towards those of us who, like the majority of working Americans, have regular corporate jobs. It's your attitude that annoys the crap out of me.  It's not enough that you don't think you could manage a regular job - you have to bash those of us who HAVE figured it out how to manage it in a successful manner - oh how boring, oh how pedantic, oh how monotonous, too much stress, too much pressure... and you have no frame of reference for making any of those statements since by your own admission, you have never held a regular 9-5 job.  My point all along, which YOU seem to have missed, is that even though it isn't for you, it is obviously working for the rest of us, so until you have experienced it, shut up about it!  Even if work is not the touchy feely happy happy every single day, that is not a realistic expectation for ANY job.  Maybe my skin is just thicker than yours, but a bad day at work doesn't mean I go home and have to talk myself out of jumping off the roof.  I go home, exhale, and enjoy with my family the creature comforts that job brought me.

It's great that you want to be in academia (I guess that's the plan today?) because the world needs teachers, but sometimes I think that academic types would benefit from a year or two in the "real world" so that they aren't just teaching abstract theory written by other sheltered academics who also have no real world experience and have never tested their academic based theories.  Who makes a better business teacher? A guy who has written some scholarly papers on mergers and acquisitions based on research of real world examples, or the guy who, as CEO of a Fortune 500 company, actually participated in a multi-million dollar merger?  Real world trumps theory every day. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2014, 02:38:36 PM »
You two get your own Sugar Mama.

Don't worry, darling.  I have claimed you as a dependent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2014, 02:48:03 PM »
Well, ok, fine.  I'm not private sector. Am I public?  Nope not that either I don't think. 

Glad you cleared that up. Because I was wondering that myself.

I never said anything that GH insinuated.

Bullshit and you know it. You are backtracking. And she called you out for the same thing then too. Its all there if you need to re-read.....unless of course you went back and edited that too.

Before people start labeling any form of a corporation evil, they should realize:

Tax revenue from those jobs funds everything else in govt you could benefit from - whether it be a govt job, contractors, welfare or the military. And maybe just maybe people that work in one are actually happy with what they do and enjoy it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2014, 02:49:35 PM »
Don't worry, darling.  I have claimed you as a dependent.

Hey.  What about me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2014, 02:52:32 PM »
Hey.  What about me?

Don't you go letting your dumbass friends get you in trouble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »
Don't you go letting your dumbass friends get you in trouble.
You looked so pretty on that curb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2014, 03:08:29 PM »
Hey.  What about me?

You are the hired help.  Personal body guard and food taster.  Now go get me a sammich.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »
You are the hired help.  Personal body guard and food taster.  Now go get me a sammich.
He has a name, and he isn't old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »
And that's great.  If you are a conscientious tax paying citizen like most of us, then good on you. 

I do remember a post a while back though about how you were considering going on benefits after you quit your gainful employment, and then wanted your wife to quit her job at the same time so she could stay home with the baby.  To some of us, benefits are for a temporary support system when you lose your job involuntarily or due to circumstances beyond your control, like sickness or an accident. I would find a fast food job before I went on benefits if I were healthy and able to work - working a job like that or on a farm or on a road crew in Texas in July is a motivating factor to speed up the "what do I want to be" discussion.  Now, obviously we find out that you didn't do that, but you never said otherwise until now. 

Maybe jokingly?  Maybe in the heat of a moment during a tough time?  But I don't remember that.  Was going to get a part time job to pay for health insurance since shit Obamacare was still going to cost me $400 (or more actually by this point, it would have been closer to $500). 

But all that aside - what really chaps me about your little ongoing narrative is that you are SO damn condescending from your little pedestal in your attitude towards those of us who, like the majority of working Americans, have regular corporate jobs. It's your attitude that annoys the crap out of me.  It's not enough that you don't think you could manage a regular job - you have to bash those of us who HAVE figured it out how to manage it in a successful manner - oh how boring, oh how pedantic, oh how monotonous, too much stress, too much pressure... and you have no frame of reference for making any of those statements since by your own admission, you have never held a regular 9-5 job.  My point all along, which YOU seem to have missed, is that even though it isn't for you, it is obviously working for the rest of us, so until you have experienced it, shut up about it!  Even if work is not the touchy feely happy happy every single day, that is not a realistic expectation for ANY job.  Maybe my skin is just thicker than yours, but a bad day at work doesn't mean I go home and have to talk myself out of jumping off the roof.  I go home, exhale, and enjoy with my family the creature comforts that job brought me.

Please link where I "bashed" your profession.  I just said I couldn't do it.  Maybe after your condescending and snide response in that other thread I got upset and made a sarcastic crack, but apparently that's not allowed anymore on this board if it involves people in the corporate world.  I kind of figured that which is why I edited that one comment. 

I'm sorry if the only reaction you have to my opinions is a ten-cups-of-coffee strong rebuttal, but I never once lambasted the corporate world.  Just said it wasn't for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2014, 03:54:14 PM »
I have been biting my tongue long enough. Just because many of us on here can afford a life of luxury and believe in capitalism does not constitute the bashing of a differing opinion. Give the bum a break.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2014, 03:57:08 PM »
I have been biting my tongue long enough. Just because many of us on here can afford a life of luxury and believe in capitalism does not constitute the bashing of a differing opinion. Give the bum a break.

That's not your tongue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2014, 04:00:58 PM »
And if anyone else needs to go sit on a stick, here's all I said in the previous thread:

In response to Dallas complaining about his corporate job...

I know someone that tells similar stories to this.  He works in a high rise downtown.  Said he does 3-4 hours of office work and the rest is chit chatting with coworkers, his "hour" lunch, and surfing the net. 

I asked him how does he stay sane...he said his $84k paycheck and annual bonus keeps him sane.  Said he also likes getting to work at 830 and leaving at 5 on the dot every day.  Never works weekends. 

I couldn't do it.  I have never had a corporate office job in my life.  Even though I disliked teaching, it provided so much more of a lifestyle suited to my interests than the high paying accountant or lawyer. 

In response to a confusing and angry response from TW...

I don't understand any of this.  You're saying being a teacher isn't useful?  Education isn't valuable? 

We take nice vacations and we don't have any debt.  Retirement is a bit lackluster, but I couldn't live and work for the end.  I like living in the now even if it means a bite in the ass later.

Though that might not happen as being the village bard paid more money than the village English teacher. 

And that useless degree and as you implied "laziness" has lead to a fellowship at Auburn University to study something I'm interested in while being paid for it. 

I guess I'm saying that I'm sorry that you're working 60 hours a week in an office so you can live in the safety net of the suburbs. 

And in response to TW again....

I've worked my ass off too the past year and did so as a teacher for six years.  I've greatly enjoyed having flexible hours and not having a supervisor or boss to answer to.  It's been a nice way to live, and I don't see how I could enjoy the office environment.  I'm glad you do, and I'm glad it works for some people. 

I quit teaching because I didn't feel like I was a good fit for teaching teenagers especially teenagers with learning disabilities or hindrances.  I also hated the "be at work at 7am and you cannot leave until 3pm unless we schedule a meeting then you cannot leave until 430" rule.  I like delving into a subject completely when teaching and not having to hold everything back until it's just a teaspoon full of easily regurgitated trivia facts.  I also like the idea of advancing a field through research and contributing to a better life for people. 

I thought you lived in Houston?

So again, when you find the place where I bash the private sector, promote the public sector, act like a leech, or consider your lifestyles to be inferior to mine, let me know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions