Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Who?
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2014, 09:17:09 AM »

I've always found the use of the strikethrough feature a crutch for those that aren't good with witty retort. And my grandmother would've whipped your grandmother's ass in the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »
Did Mike Douglas make her moist?

Her pussy smelled like the great depression.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »
Could we please stop talking about grandmother pussy? It's Friday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2014, 10:20:55 AM »
I've always found the use of the strikethrough feature a crutch for those that aren't good with witty retort. And my grandmother would've whipped your grandmother's ass in the day.

My grandmother shot moving rabbits from the hip with a .22. I think she would be OK.

But We digress.

Was Chuck Person jsut a name somebody threw out there? No merit to it at all?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »
My grandmother shot moving rabbits from the hip with a .22. I think she would be OK.

But We digress.

Was Chuck Person jsut a name somebody threw out there? No merit to it at all?
Persons name has been mentioned the last two times we hired, I believe. But I know that he lobbied for it last time. I have no idea how srsly Jacobs considered him but my guess is not too.

If Persons had landed a college coaching gig in the south as a HC, he would've put himself in a better position, assuming he had success.

I don't know if the NBA asst coaching experience is enough but I really like Chuck and would support the hire. My guess is we miss on a couple and if that happens, I don't see how "settling" on Chuck or Cliff would be bad at all.  If they flop, its nothing new.

My point is that we are not in a position to make a home run hire like was the supposed baseball and softball hires. I don't think so anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2014, 11:10:30 AM »

My point is that we are not in a position to make a home run hire like was the supposed baseball and softball hires. I don't think so anyway.

Agreed. A coach like Person who understands the AU culture might help with the healing.

But who knows? The enigma that is AU basketball may not be fixable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2014, 11:50:45 AM »
I fucking hate Stansbury. I think he is a whiny little bitch and not sure if I could support the team in any way if he is coach...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2014, 11:56:30 AM »
I fucking hate Stansbury. I think he is a whiny little bitch and not sure if I could support the team in any way if he is coach...
Stansbury it is, then.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:25:38 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »

Testify.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »
I don't care who we get as long as the next coach gets us a team that's worth driving to see.

NCAA bubble team/NIT regular.  I'd be fine with that.  It sucks though knowing prior to the season starts that I won't be going to any games because it's not worth the $50. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2014, 09:33:16 PM »
just get a guy who can put a team on the floor worth coming to sleep through one game a year before shitting in a truck bed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2014, 05:17:47 AM »
just get a guy who can put a team on the floor worth coming to sleep through one game a year before shitting in a truck bed
If your night doesn't end with you being drunk, shitting in a truck bed...well, then you have not experienced everything in life.

Waffle House would definitely hit the spot right about now. Grilled Chicken, double eggs scrambled with cheese, double hashbrowns well done, scattered, covered, smothered, diced, chopped and topped, a waffle w/ extra butter...and maybe some Burt's chilli with a grilled cheese on the side. Oh yeah and a large diet coke.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:24:02 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2014, 06:43:32 PM »
I would like for Person to get it thinking he would stick around and make some inroads recruiting as opposed to another that would only use the program as a stepping stone. If he and assistants can recruit Auburn will be better off in four years than with another guy that would be looking elsewhere with some success.
Bring on the Rifleman. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2014, 07:19:24 PM »
I would like for Person to get it thinking he would stick around and make some inroads recruiting as opposed to another that would only use the program as a stepping stone. If he and assistants can recruit Auburn will be better off in four years than with another guy that would be looking elsewhere with some success.
Bring on the Rifleman.
Who has used AU basketball as a stepping stone?  AU bb coaches just step off from that gig, not step up
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »
Bruce Pearl.  Unless he's using us as leverage to get offers from other schools piddling around. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2014, 05:16:06 PM »
Any well known coach that has been previously mentioned would be gone with a couple of good seasons at Auburn. Person might stick around awhile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2014, 06:04:13 PM »
Any well known coach that has been previously mentioned would be gone with a couple of good seasons at Auburn. Person might stick around awhile.
What good will that be when we continue to suck?

Bring Person in as an assistant, maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »
I think Stansbury got MSU on some probation and that is why he resigned.  The major issue I would have with Tubby is his age.  He is 62 and is probably looking to retire before too long, but if he can stay long enough to turn us around then I don't guess it would be all that bad.

Stansbury was mentioned in al.cum/Mobile Press Register article in today's paper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2014, 06:46:50 PM »
Pearl to Auburn looks to be a serious possibility.  That's a home run hire if it comes true...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2014, 09:12:01 PM »
Pearl to Auburn looks to be a serious possibility.  That's a home run hire if it comes true...
Hell yes!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."