Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Who?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 01:13:45 PM »
totally disagree.
I don't have any idea what he made at UT but I'm sure he isn't jumping at the first chance he gets anyway.  I like the guy's personality, style and coaching ability but I don't like the perception hit regardless if it would be warranted. Everything is magnified with us because of the investigation on Cam. Our passing with flying colors does not matter.

I don't know anything about Person's coaching, other than he was an assistant for Jackson at the Lakers. I do know he is a good guy and an AU man. He's my favorite but Pearl is my second out of the names I've read.

I wouldn't mind Cliff but I don't think it's happening. Tubby would be o.k by me too. Or, any of you that are interested, I would call Jay and give my support to.

I'm kind of burned out on this revolving door. I really think there is more of a problem than coaching. Lebo and Barbee were both considered to be on the fast track. I'm buying in to the shoe theory for lack of a better reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
I don't have any idea what he made at UT but I'm sure he isn't jumping at the first chance he gets anyway.  I like the guy's personality, style and coaching ability but I don't like the perception hit regardless if it would be warranted. Everything is magnified with us because of the investigation on Cam. Our passing with flying colors does not matter.
I'm all out of fucks to give about any "perception" problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 02:10:34 PM »
I think Stansbury got MSU on some probation and that is why he resigned.  The major issue I would have with Tubby is his age.  He is 62 and is probably looking to retire before too long, but if he can stay long enough to turn us around then I don't guess it would be all that bad.

Maybe that would help?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »
I'm all out of fucks to give about any "perception" problem.
That's not very perceptive of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 02:45:07 PM »

You meant there might be a possibility that our basketball team will get noticed...for ANY reason?

It would some egregious issues to even get AU noticed from that perspective.

Someone would turn us in and the NCAA would say. "I didn't even realize they still had a program"!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 03:08:12 PM »
I hope we can find a coach willing to take our money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 03:45:52 PM »
I hope we can find a coach willing to take our money.

Jacobs just fired one that fits that description
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
I'd like Bruce Pearl and I don't care if he can't contact recruits until after August of this year. The assistants that he'd hire will do the recruiting anyway. After August? It's on like Donkey Kong. I'd also like for the basketball team to be associated with Nike or Adidas...and the self imposed AAU restrictions to finally be lifted.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:19:22 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2014, 04:24:54 PM »
I'd like Bruce Pearl and I don't care if he can't contact recruits until after August of this year. The assistants that he'd hire will do the recruiting anyway. After August? It's on like Donkey Kong. I'd also like for the basketball team to be associated with Nike or Adidas...and the self imposed AAU restrictions to finally be lifted.

The next season's recruiting is all but over anyway.  No matter who is hired, next season is going to be worse than the 2012 foosball season.  I'd love to see them hire Pearl and move just the basketball team to Nike and hit the AAU circuits again too (- the Komara team)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2014, 04:48:56 PM »
http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2014/03/nine_potential_candidates_to_r.html#incart_m-rpt-2

To save you from giving alabamaallthetimescrewauburn.com some clicks, the list is below.

1.  Bruce Pearl
2.  Ben Howland (former UCLA coarch)
3.  Rick Stansbury (former Miss St coarch)
4.  Larry Brown (SMU)
5.  Cliff Ellis  :haha:
6.  Donnie Tyndall (Southern Miss)
7.  John Brady (Ark St)
8.  Michael White (La Tech)
9.  Mick Cronin (Cincinnati)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 04:53:46 PM »
http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2014/03/nine_potential_candidates_to_r.html#incart_m-rpt-2

To save you from giving alabamaallthetimescrewauburn.com some clicks, the list is below.

1.  Bruce Pearl
2.  Ben Howland (former UCLA coarch)
3.  Rick Stansbury (former Miss St coarch)
4.  Larry Brown (SMU)
5.  Cliff Ellis  :haha:
6.  Donnie Tyndall (Southern Miss)
7.  John Brady (Ark St)
8.  Michael White (La Tech)
9.  Mick Cronin (Cincinnati)
Is that a ranking? Cause sounds about right if so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »
Is that a ranking? Cause sounds about right if so.

That was just the order they had them in.  Not sure if they were ranking them or not to be honest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 05:26:10 PM »
The next season's recruiting is all but over anyway.  No matter who is hired, next season is going to be worse than the 2012 foosball season.  I'd love to see them hire Pearl and move just the basketball team to Nike and hit the AAU circuits again too (- the Komara team)

I think Jake could tackle someone in Basketball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 07:47:16 PM »
We'll probably get John Brady and I'll go back to not caring about Auburn basketball...unless we get to The Tournament.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 08:32:32 PM »
We'll probably get John Brady and I'll go back to not caring about Auburn basketball...unless we get to The Tournament.
Is Marsha in college by now? I still got a thing for her. A massive, bulging thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »

The Brady Bunch did so well in Homewood though...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2014, 12:16:46 AM »
I choose Larry Brown. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »
I choose had intercourse with Larry Brown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2014, 09:03:33 AM »
I My great grandmother probably choose had intercourse with Larry Brown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2014, 09:08:11 AM »
Did Mike Douglas make her moist?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."