Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who?

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Who?
« on: March 13, 2014, 09:05:25 AM »
Who do we get?  Who can we get?

The names I am seeing bouncing around are Bruce Pearl, Michael White, Donnie Tyndall, and Jeff Capel.

I would not be opposed to Pearl but I think White may be the best choice of these.  What the fuck do i know?  I thought Klaus Barbbe was gonna get us ballroom dancing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Who?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 09:08:56 AM »
I think two up and comers that should be in the conversation are Jeff Lebo and Cliff Ellis. That's only if coach K decides to not make the jump and I figure he's chomping at the bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »
Would have to pay Pearl in the 3M range. Not happening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 09:36:24 AM »

You think?  I would be really surprised if he was that expensive! 

He comes with a NCAA cloud and very few programs would touch him.  Even less than that with that price tag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »
I think two up and comers that should be in the conversation are Jeff Lebo and Cliff Ellis. That's only if coach K decides to not make the jump and I figure he's chomping at the bit.

Your flogging will commence at noon!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 09:47:52 AM »
Is that Naismith guy available? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 09:49:44 AM »
Shaka Smart's name is being thrown around a bit out there.  I'm not sure he would leave VCU for Auburn though, and statement in itself makes me sad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 09:57:40 AM »
Does this mean we get a new coach and spend the next 4 years rebuilding because all the players leave.....again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 10:00:21 AM »
Does this mean we get a new coach and spend the next 4 years rebuilding because all the players leave.....again?

Well now wait a minute, is it guaranteed that all the players would leave?  Cause this may be a strong incentive to a prospective coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 10:42:32 AM »
Give me Pearl, or hire Cliff Back! 

I was reading  :oh:'s article and he is correct.  We need someone who is charismatic, who can recruit and who knows the game.  Pearl is the best choice out there but don't see that happening b/c his show cause penalty isn't up until September and I don't think we would willing to take that risk. Ben Howland is out there not coaching right now, and I think maybe Chuck Person would make a good coach for us.  Another name that I saw tossed around over at rivals or scout was Rick Stansbury. 

Also saw this http://auburn.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=884&script=%2Fcontent.asp&cid=1619573#sthash.2K54VUY6.dpuf.   It is premium content but apparently we have to stay with UA in all sports other than basketball.  Not gonna lie, would like to see us be a Nike or Adidas school in the round ball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 10:44:37 AM »
Apparently Tubby Smith is being tossed around as a legitimate candidate.

He has sucked at TTU, but before that he was golden.

And apparently, Rick Stansbury has been desperately pleading for the job. He seems like a solid choice to me. Maybe even the best. Seen some people not happy about it though. Maybe there's some baggage I don't know about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 10:51:31 AM »
And apparently, Rick Stansbury has been desperately pleading for the job. He seems like a solid choice to me. Maybe even the best. Seen some people not happy about it though. Maybe there's some baggage I don't know about.

There are three things that concern me about Stansbury.
1) he comes with and NCAA cloud as well

2) he "retired" so he could spend more time with his family

3) my perception of him while he was at MSU was that of a complete head case.  He was about to be completely run at MSU before he "retired"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 10:53:05 AM »
Apparently Tubby Smith is being tossed around as a legitimate candidate.

He has sucked at TTU, but before that he was golden.

I think Stansbury got MSU on some probation and that is why he resigned.  The major issue I would have with Tubby is his age.  He is 62 and is probably looking to retire before too long, but if he can stay long enough to turn us around then I don't guess it would be all that bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 11:09:38 AM »
There are three things that concern me about Stansbury.
1) he comes with and NCAA cloud as well

2) he "retired" so he could spend more time with his family

3) my perception of him while he was at MSU was that of a complete head case.  He was about to be completely run at MSU before he "retired"

^^This^^  All of it.

Pearl would be a much better choice than Stansbury imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 11:12:24 AM »
Shaka Smart's name is being thrown around a bit out there.  I'm not sure he would leave VCU for Auburn though, and statement in itself makes me sad.
I'm hearing Chaka Khan. In my head, I mean.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 11:33:27 AM »
I feel for you
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 12:54:31 PM »

Tell me something good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »
One guy that we know wants the job is Chuck Persons, or at least he did want it. Why not? I think I like him better than Smart or Pearl. I like Pearl but we don't need the PR hit. I think he's a great coach.

My thought is that we should hire Persons to a short contract and see how he does. Can't get much worse.  And, as GH or someone mentioned, change the shoes. If Barkley and others seem to think it makes that big of a deal, get it done. Jacobs needs to do more than just talk to his basketball advisors. He needs to listen to them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 12:59:15 PM »
totally disagree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE