Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Malaysian 777

Re: Malaysian 777
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 10:41:39 PM »
Serious question -

I've seen it in movies, but I've doubted it's possibility. 

What are the chances that a second plane with radar blocking equipment engaged the 777?  Make a connection.  Send a few trained guys on board.  Commandeer plane. 

The latest I'm reading is that the plane flew quite a ways off track as if it were being controlled by a human.  It means one of three things: one of the pilots did it, an on board trained hijacker did it, or an outside party did it. 

Unless they've kept information about the passengers secret, there aren't any signs that any passenger could have been capable of flying the plane. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 01:25:00 AM »
Did no one have a cellphone on that plane?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 09:26:46 AM »
Did no one have a cellphone on that plane?

They did and that's added to the conspiracy.

Conventional wisdom is that if your phone is turned off - or submerged at the bottom of the sea - it goes straight to voicemail if you call it.  Many family members said they called passengers and the phones rang. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 07:51:20 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 09:52:40 AM »
Serious question -

I've seen it in movies, but I've doubted it's possibility. 

What are the chances that a second plane with radar blocking equipment engaged the 777?  Make a connection.  Send a few trained guys on board.  Commandeer plane. 

The latest I'm reading is that the plane flew quite a ways off track as if it were being controlled by a human.  It means one of three things: one of the pilots did it, an on board trained hijacker did it, or an outside party did it. 

Unless they've kept information about the passengers secret, there aren't any signs that any passenger could have been capable of flying the plane.

Radar jammers/blockers don't really work that way.  They don't make the target disappear, they just make it fuzzy and indistinct but you still know there's something there.  Unless somebody has something new.  France was working on a radar evading ECM that worked by sending out radar waves 180 degrees out of phase that would block all signals but I don't think it was every really perfected.

I think the best bet is that it was one of the pilots.  One of the pilots was a member of a Malaysian opposition group whose leader was jailed the day of the flight.  There was a pic of him (pilot) on the news this morning wearing a "Democracy is Dead" shirt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.