Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Since the Walking Dead sucks

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Since the Walking Dead sucks
« on: March 11, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »
Since The Walking Dead has fallen so far off the rails with its silly dramatics, the farm stay, the prison stay and Darryl mooning over a teenager and so forth imagine there is actually an apocalyptic zombie event.

Where do you go? What do you do?

My answers are pretty simple and while they wouldn't make for great television, they'd keep me alive and kicking as long as I wanted.

1) I'm going to a national guard armory or military base to get me an armored personnel carrier and ammo. The only time I come down out of there is to ransack for food, water or gas.  And clothes. I'm knocking over a department store and getting me a nice stash of Underarmour heat gear and some shoes.
2) Also chainmail. Find a freak store and buy chainmail.  It exists.  Chainmail layered with body armor and that's how I ransack.  Bite me now, bitch.
3) Map. I get a map. And I look for an island with one way in, one way out.  Ono Island near Gulf Shores would be perfect.  Plenty of fishing, plenty of boats to go fishing, easy to blockade, enough arable land to grow vegetables and plenty of nice houses -- many with generators. Find one that's hooked to natural gas because as I understand it, that's not going to be cut off and will still work.   So I'm set with fish, veggies, safety and comfort. Get me some DVDs to watch while the generator is on and I'm good.
4) About once a month get out the carrier, cruise around looking for gas tanks to siphon and non-zombie chicks who may have survived and would enjoy my comforts. 

And that's it.   No prisons, no walking down train tracks or biting rattlesnakes.  No kids getting shot while deer hunting. No one-eyed governor. 

I might have to take Ono by force, but that would be the only thing I'd worry about. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Since the Walking Dead sucks
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 02:39:59 PM »
Since The Walking Dead has fallen so far off the rails with its silly dramatics, the farm stay, the prison stay and Darryl mooning over a teenager and so forth imagine there is actually an apocalyptic zombie event.

Where do you go? What do you do?

My answers are pretty simple and while they wouldn't make for great television, they'd keep me alive and kicking as long as I wanted.

1) I'm going to a national guard armory or military base to get me an armored personnel carrier and ammo. The only time I come down out of there is to ransack for food, water or gas.  And clothes. I'm knocking over a department store and getting me a nice stash of Underarmour heat gear and some shoes.
2) Also chainmail. Find a freak store and buy chainmail.  It exists.  Chainmail layered with body armor and that's how I ransack.  Bite me now, bitch.
3) Map. I get a map. And I look for an island with one way in, one way out.  Ono Island near Gulf Shores would be perfect.  Plenty of fishing, plenty of boats to go fishing, easy to blockade, enough arable land to grow vegetables and plenty of nice houses -- many with generators. Find one that's hooked to natural gas because as I understand it, that's not going to be cut off and will still work.   So I'm set with fish, veggies, safety and comfort. Get me some DVDs to watch while the generator is on and I'm good.
4) About once a month get out the carrier, cruise around looking for gas tanks to siphon and non-zombie chicks who may have survived and would enjoy my comforts. 

And that's it.   No prisons, no walking down train tracks or biting rattlesnakes.  No kids getting shot while deer hunting. No one-eyed governor. 

I might have to take Ono by force, but that would be the only thing I'd worry about.
It would be infinitely hard to accomplish step 1 during such an event. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 03:29:56 PM »
It would be infinitely hard to accomplish step 1 during such an event.

Depends on how long you wait it out.  Even if I skip step one, I'm still heading to an island.  Blockade it, kill anything that's zombie-fied there and you're gold.

Well, on the way I'd probably stop by the Underarmour outlet at Tanger.  Get me some gear. And maybe that camping store.

Could even get some cows if you wanted to go to the trouble of butchering and eating them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 03:52:39 PM »
Depends on how long you wait it out.  Even if I skip step one, I'm still heading to an island.  Blockade it, kill anything that's zombie-fied there and you're gold.

Well, on the way I'd probably stop by the Underarmour outlet at Tanger.  Get me some gear. And maybe that camping store.

Could even get some cows if you wanted to go to the trouble of butchering and eating them.
I agree with the island concept.  But, which would be better... A lake island or a coastal island? 

One would think that the lake island would have a high zombie population outside of it that would have to be dealt with?  This could also be a problem near highly populated coastal areas.  On the other hand, with the coastal island you would have to deal with things like Hurricanes.  The coastal area would have a higher value when it comes to food. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."