Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why was I not informed of this

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Why was I not informed of this
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:35:50 AM »
I have very important things to do today. And I'm having to shoulder the burden of bringing the news. Why? Because there are a bunch of do-nothings around here.

Did Catholic Church in Auburn take shot at Nick Saban, 10-second rule? You be the judge (report)

Mark Heim | mheim@al.com By  Mark Heim | mheim@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on March 05, 2014 at 10:26 PM, updated March 05, 2014 at 10:28 PM
The War Eagle Reader came across a message on the marquee of Saint Michael The Archangel Catholic Church earlier today in Auburn.

It read: "Support the ban on slingshots." -- Goliath

The story posed the question: Was the message a subtle jab at Alabama coach Nick Saban? Or as The Reader called him "the great Philistine of football?"

"I gave our secretary a bunch (of quotes) and that's the one she happened to pick today, so I can't take credit," a smiling Monsignor William Skoneki told the Reader. "But it certainly fits today's situation."

"Coach Saban is a good Catholic, actually, a daily mass Catholic. But on the field, he's more of a Goliath."

The message comes the same day the Football Rules Committee decided Wednesday to withdraw a rule proposal that would require uptempo teams to wait before snapping the football.

H/T to thewareaglereader.com.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Why was I not informed of this
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 11:56:17 AM »
I have very important things to do today. And I'm having to shoulder the burden of bringing the news. Why? Because there are a bunch of do-nothings around here.

Did Catholic Church in Auburn take shot at Nick Saban, 10-second rule? You be the judge (report)

Mark Heim | mheim@al.com By  Mark Heim | mheim@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on March 05, 2014 at 10:26 PM, updated March 05, 2014 at 10:28 PM
The War Eagle Reader came across a message on the marquee of Saint Michael The Archangel Catholic Church earlier today in Auburn.

It read: "Support the ban on slingshots." -- Goliath

The story posed the question: Was the message a subtle jab at Alabama coach Nick Saban? Or as The Reader called him "the great Philistine of football?"

"I gave our secretary a bunch (of quotes) and that's the one she happened to pick today, so I can't take credit," a smiling Monsignor William Skoneki told the Reader. "But it certainly fits today's situation."

"Coach Saban is a good Catholic, actually, a daily mass Catholic. But on the field, he's more of a Goliath."

The message comes the same day the Football Rules Committee decided Wednesday to withdraw a rule proposal that would require uptempo teams to wait before snapping the football.

H/T to thewareaglereader.com.

So he does molest little boys.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 12:02:51 PM »
Because apparently you chose not to read the thread entitled Rules Committee Drops Slow-Down Proposal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 12:15:28 PM »
Yeah. Obviously it's in reference to Lord Saban.

I like how al.com frames the question like the church is despicable and committing sacrilege for drawing the comparison and besmirching the great name of Saban...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 12:18:17 PM »
Because apparently you chose not to read the thread entitled Rules Committee Drops Slow-Down Proposal.
Yeah, well whoever chose this title needs to work on something that is a little more appropriate and to the point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 12:38:05 PM »
Wonder if Saban gets penance after confession?  What could he possibly have to confess?  He is perfect, no?  Maybe the priest confesses to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »
Yeah, well whoever chose this title needs to work on something that is a little more appropriate and to the point.
I thought that title appropriately took a jab at sabbin...and I think it's fuckin hilarious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs