Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AU Pro Day

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
AU Pro Day
« on: March 04, 2014, 05:52:49 PM »
Here's how some of our guys did at the AU Pro Day.

By Charles Goldberg and Phillip Marshall
AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. - Greg Robinson and Tre Mason didn't run, didn't lift, didn't jump. But the two still impressed the scouts at Auburn's Pro Day on Tuesday.

Robinson and Mason sat on their timing and lifting scores from the NFL Combine, but they still went through their position drills, and both seemed pleased.

Another high-profile potential draftee, defensive end Dee Ford, made up for lost time during the workouts. The NFL didn't let Ford compete at the Combine because the medical staff was concerned about his back, but they couldn't stop him from a fine day in Auburn.

Ford did the best in the bench press, a sporty 29 reps, and turned in an unofficial 40 time of 4.53. He went through all the drills, just more than a week after he wasn't allowed to work out at the Combine because of a back issue.

"I'm so excited about the drills that I wasn't able to do before," Ford said. "Those are things I can work on. I'm looking forward to that, and I'm going to be better next time."

Here's a story on Dee Ford at Pro Day.

Fifteen former Tigers participated.

We'll be back with stories on some of the most-likely-to-be-drafted-early players, but here's a quick take on a lot of the participants:

Greg Robinson, a potential early, early pick

The big offensive lineman wowed them at the NFL Combine, and elected not to participate in the timing and lifting and jumping drills Tuesday. Still, he worked out.

"The things I worked on today was to see my footwork and stuff. They said I didn't work out of a three-point stance much here, so they got be out of a three-point stance just to see me pull and shoot my hands," Robinson said.

Stats: 6-5 1/8, 327.

Tre Mason, speedy tailback

He ran a 4.5 40 at the Combine, said he wanted to do better, but he, too, sat on most of his Combine scores.

But he worked out enough, though.

"They give you a lot of positive feedback. I had a very good Combine, and performed well today," Mason said.

He said pro scouts have asked him about his pass-catching ability and whether he can pass block. He says he can do both.

Stats: 5-8 5/8, 205.

Gus Malzahn, coach of the year

"It was real exciting to watch those guys work out. A lot of guys going to the next level performed very well today," he said.

"Any time you have all 32 teams out here to watch our guys perform, that's a good thing. It's a good thing for the future. It's what our program expects."

Ryan White, DB and holder

"I feel like I did pretty well," he said. "I feel like I helped myself out a little bit. I could have done better on some things, but overall I'm OK with it. I wanted to prove I'm a top corner. Hopefully today I jumped ahead of a couple of people. Hopefully, I'll get a few calls for some workouts so I can prove some more.

"They see talent. They see a diamond in the rough. I love this game and I'm going to give it everything I've got."

Stats: 5-10 3/8, 194. Vertical: 34. Borad: 10-5. Bench: 13. 40: 4.50

Nosa Eguae, defensive lineman

"I just wanted to put my best forward. I feel like I did that," he said. "I wish I could have run a little better, but I felt like I did a good job on the shuttle with my change of direction. I felt like I did a real solid position drill."

Stats: 6-3, 282. Vertical: 26 1/2. Borad: 8-2. Bench: 24. 40: 5.18

Jake Holland, linebacker

"I'm proud of what I did today. I worked with the D-line and also did linebacker drills. Overall, I was happy with my performance am going to continue training here and see where that gets me."

Holland said the feedback has been "small talk."

"They told me good job and all, but it wasn't a lot of one-on-one.

"I had a good time out there competing with my teammates.

"Today was my biggest interview. They wanted to see what my times were. I felt like I put up some good numbers today."

Stats: 6-0 1/8, 237. Vertical: 30. Broad: 9-7. Bench: 20. 40: 4.70.

Jay Prosch, fan-favorite fullback

"Obviously I want to be drafted as high as possible, but as a fullback I'm looking for any chance. I'll make the best of it," he said. "I feel like I did a pretty good job. I had really high expectations for myself. I didn't reach all those, but I feel like I did a pretty good job. I didn't really talk to any teams.

"What I'm trying to show people I'm not just a blocker. I can be used as a guy that can run routes and catch the ball, too. I'm not just a battering ram."

Stats: 6-0 7/8, 254. Vertical: 32. Broad: 9-1. Bench: 27. 40: 4.72.

Steven Clark, the man of the Aussie punt

"I think I did pretty well."

Clark wanted to show his athletic skills, opting to do the vertical and broad jump.

"I had kind of been itching to do the test because people have been telling me it doesn't matter," Clark said. "I'm actually deceptively good at it. I didn't run the 40, because they advised me not to do anything, but I did the broad and vertical and did pretty well at it."

As far as what teams are interested in him, Clark said he had "no idea."

Stats: 6-5 1/8, 228. Vertical 33. Broad: 9-9.

Cody Parkey, field goal kicker and kickoff man

"I was hitting 60 yards with ease, so they brought me back to 65," Parkey said. "I had the distance on one, but I missed it. But overall it was good. The kickoffs were my usual of kicking them to the back of the end zone, so overall it was a good day for me."

Parkey said he was had individual workouts set up with teams.

"They're telling me I could be anything from a late-draft pick to a free agent. A lot of them were telling me to really give their team a shot. It was all positive news for me today."

Stats: 6-0 3/8, 188.

Blake Poole, walk-on defensive back

Who was the fastest player at Pro Day? This guy. Poole ran an unofficial 4.42 in the 40. That was enough to create some interest.

"A few of them want to see my film," Poole said. "I didn't play a whole lot. It would just be a dream come true to maybe do a practice squad or something like."

Stats: 5-10 3/8, 183. Vertical: 38. Broad: 10. Bench: 20. 40: 4.42

Craig Sanders, defensive end

"Coming in, I thought I was just going to do D-end drills. Some of the scouts wanted me to do outside linebacker and some wanted me to do fullback/tight end. I wasn't prepared for those, but they said I did them all right.

"I'll do anything to get to the NFL. I'll play any position."

Stats: 6-3 1/2, 248. Vertical: 30 1/2. Broad: 9-7. Bench: 24. 40: 4.73.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: AU Pro Day
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 07:57:35 PM »
Ford has equivalent/better numbers pretty much across the board...and no history of loafing.

Will hype get Clowney drafted first?  You betcha.

Somebody will get a relative steal in Ford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:06:21 PM »
Tiger Wench, this is for you...

You're welcome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:11:12 PM »
Ford has equivalent/better numbers pretty much across the board...and no history of loafing.

I wouldn't say Clowney is just hype. He has shown awesomeness at times. He is off and on but his physical potential is as high as anyone I can remember. But like you said, he's been a loafer. Best thing he can do is get out of SC. He has too many "homies" and "family" that continue to try and drag him down. They see a paycheck. Very similar to J Russell except Clowney is actually good.

Ford showed up in big games. Better stats, same numbers....his IQ and work ethic break the tie to me. Id take Ford late 1st/early 2nd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »
Tiger Wench, this is for you...

You're welcome.

Yowza. Just... Yowza.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 08:54:48 PM »
I wouldn't say Clowney is just hype. He has shown awesomeness at times. He is off and on but his physical potential is as high as anyone I can remember. But like you said, he's been a loafer. Best thing he can do is get out of SC. He has too many "homies" and "family" that continue to try and drag him down. They see a paycheck. Very similar to J Russell except Clowney is actually good.

Ford showed up in big games. Better stats, same numbers....his IQ and work ethic break the tie to me. Id take Ford late 1st/early 2nd.

So....Yeah, you said what I did.  In a lot more words.  And people blame lawyers for being verbose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 10:01:58 PM »
So....Yeah, you said what I did.  In a lot more words.  And people blame lawyers for being verbose.

No...just dumb laws. And lawsuits. Get it right.

In re to Clowney though, a lot of his issue is "back home".  Not a lot of people realize that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 07:04:27 AM »
What the fuck?  Do they just let anybody into this thing?  Did Moseley come back for a workout as well?

Jake Holland, linebacker

"I'm proud of what I did today. I worked with the D-line and also did linebacker drills. Overall, I was happy with my performance am going to continue training here and see where that gets me."

Holland said the feedback has been "small talk."

"They told me good job and all, but it wasn't a lot of one-on-one.

"I had a good time out there competing with my teammates.

"Today was my biggest interview. They wanted to see what my times were. I felt like I put up some good numbers today."

Stats: 6-0 1/8, 237. Vertical: 30. Broad: 9-7. Bench: 20. 40: 4.70.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 07:58:11 AM »
I was about to type up a comment that pointed out how Jake's numbers are less than a punter's and less than a walk-on defensive backs, but I can't criticize the guy anymore.  One of the true Auburn men to ever wear a uniform. 

Three year starter.  Not once was involved in an off-the-field issue.  Never once allowed the criticism and boos to get to him.  Gave 100% effort every play.  Was part of two national championship runs. 

War Damn Jake. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 08:33:56 AM »
Dee Ford
6-3, 205 | Class of 2009
Hometown: Odenville, Ala.  School: Saint Clair County High

Let that sink in for a minute...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 08:38:16 AM »
Not once was involved in an off-the-field issue.

The mane qualifies as an issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 09:12:19 AM »

Most saying Ford will go late first round, possibly NOLA or San Fran.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 09:16:36 AM »
Here are the stats in an easy to see table.

PlayerHeightWeightVertBroadBench40 ***
Kenneth Carter
6-3 7/8
32' 1/2"
9'0"
Steven Clark
6-5 1/8
33"
9'9"
---
---
Chris Davis
5-9 3/4
40 1/2"
10'4"
---
Nosa Eguae
6-3
26 1/2"
8'2"
Dee Ford
6-2 1/8
35 1/2"
10'4"
Jake Holland
6-0 1/8
30"
9'7"
Jake Lembke
6-0 1/2
28"
8'5"
Tre Mason
5-8 5/8
---
---
---
---
Cody Parkey
6-0 3/8
---
---
---
---
Blake Poole
5-10 3/8
38"
10'0"
Jay Prosch
6-0 7/8
32"
9'1"
Greg Robinson
6-5 1/8
---
---
---
---
Craig Sanders
6-3 1/2
30 1/2"
9'7"
Ryan Smitd
6-0 5/8
32 1/2"
9'7"
Ryan White
5-10 3/8
34"
10'5"
Demetruce McNeal
6-0 5/8
32.5"
10'2"
Will Herring
6-2 5/8
---
---
---
---
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 10:14:04 AM »
Here are the stats in an easy to see table.

PlayerHeightWeightVertBroadBench40 ***
Kenneth Carter
6-3 7/8
32' 1/2"
9'0"
Steven Clark
6-5 1/8
33"
9'9"
---
---
Chris Davis
5-9 3/4
40 1/2"
10'4"
---
Nosa Eguae
6-3
26 1/2"
8'2"
Dee Ford
6-2 1/8
35 1/2"
10'4"
Jake Holland
6-0 1/8
30"
9'7"
Jake Lembke
6-0 1/2
28"
8'5"
Tre Mason
5-8 5/8
---
---
---
---
Cody Parkey
6-0 3/8
---
---
---
---
Blake Poole
5-10 3/8
38"
10'0"
Jay Prosch
6-0 7/8
32"
9'1"
Greg Robinson
6-5 1/8
---
---
---
---
Craig Sanders
6-3 1/2
30 1/2"
9'7"
Ryan Smitd
6-0 5/8
32 1/2"
9'7"
Ryan White
5-10 3/8
34"
10'5"
Demetruce McNeal
6-0 5/8
32.5"
10'2"
Will Herring
6-2 5/8
---
---
---
---
Excellent job on this spreadsheet. If I could get you to highlight the best number in each category that would be great. Thanks for all that you do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 10:50:34 AM »
Excellent job on this spreadsheet. If I could get you to highlight the best number in each category that would be great. Thanks for all that you do.
I'm sorry I would but I have a meeting with the Bob's
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 10:52:15 AM »
Not once was involved in an off-the-field issue. 

I'm not sure he was ever involved in any on the field issues either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 11:14:40 AM »

At one time, they were talking about the Falcons picking up Clowney. My thoughts were forget Clowney, get a big assed OL and then pick up Ford with the 2nd round pick. WIN-WIN.

But it looks like both Ford and Robinson have worked themselves out of the Falcons' range (positively). Dangit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 11:56:10 AM »
I now it was mentioned before and possibly linked up in a thread somewhere around here but there seems to be a real possibility that Tre Mason may be drafted by the Panthers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »
I now it was mentioned before and possibly linked up in a thread somewhere around here but there seems to be a real possibility that Tre Mason may be drafted by the Panthers.

Moistness.  I just got some.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »

Doubtful they have a stable of backs.  Colts would be my guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum