Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

1994 Jeep Wrangler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: 1994 Jeep Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »
Well the two are mutually exclusive.  He ain't hurting for cash.
Besides God doesn't take cash in heaven.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 09:51:45 PM »
Well the two are mutually exclusive.  He ain't hurting for cash.
Jewing down someone with cancer. You're not only working on that First Class ticket on the Hell Express, you're calling shotgun! You're clicking it up a notch! I'm impressed!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 10:12:10 PM »
Jewing down someone with cancer. You're not only working on that First Class ticket on the Hell Express, you're calling shotgun! You're clicking it up a notch! I'm impressed!
He wishes the dude had Alzheimer's, so he could just "borrow" the jeep
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 12:40:42 AM »
Don't listen to them haters man. If you can only get him to come down like $200 and that ain't enough for you, buy it and I'll come get bit from you for $2500. You can make a quick $200 profit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 06:42:50 AM »
Besides God doesn't take cash in heaven.

or Jeeps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 08:43:17 AM »

Bullshit.  This is my way of not discriminating.  Everybody needs to be treated the same.  This is my way of helping that along.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 10:16:55 AM »
So here is the update...

Still have not driven it (who the fuck tries to sell a car and doesn't have the damn battery charged?)

So everything about it running well is hearsay at this point....What I do know.

1) Extensive rust on the floorboards.  Some holes.  Not completely unexpected with a 20 year old jeep.  Suspect to really do it right will have to replace that whole shell.

2) 4 banger / 5 speed / AC / with 4 wheel drive

3) Soft top as well.  Didn't unfold it but feel certain based on it being crumpled up in the back that it is dry rotted so probably no gain there. 

Opine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 10:20:17 AM »
So here is the update...

Still have not driven it (who the fuck tries to sell a car and doesn't have the damn battery charged?)

1) Extensive rust on the floorboards.  Some holes.  Not completely unexpected with a 20 year old jeep.  Suspect to really do it right will have to replace that whole shell.

3) Soft top as well.  Didn't unfold it but feel certain based on it being crumpled up in the back that it is dry rotted so probably no gain there. 

Opine.

At that price, it's still a bargain.  It'll be a fun toy...assuming it runs, of course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 10:23:04 AM »
So here is the update...

Opine.

I guess it depends on your definition of extensive rust. What looks extensive to you and me is just a cut and replace of the floor pans for a professional.

Call a body shop and ask for a ball park quote.

If the pans and soft top are the only issues, then 2K will be a steal. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 10:27:49 AM »
If its used a an extra vehicle sounds ok once you get it checked out. I have a Hyundai Santa Fa (had to take from mother in law) and use it on crappy rainy days so I don't have to get the keen machine out in the rain.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 10:30:23 AM »
If its used a an extra vehicle sounds ok once you get it checked out. I have a Hyundai Santa Fa (had to take from mother in law) and use it on crappy rainy days so I don't have to get the keen machine out in the rain.

Not sure if I want to thank you for the advice or fuckin point and laugh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 11:23:46 AM »
So here is the update...

Still have not driven it (who the fudge tries to sell a car and doesn't have the damn battery charged?)

Opine.

Get it, pull the top and doors off, drive it for a spring, summer, and fall and sell it for $2500 in the winter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 11:28:40 AM »
Get a rust sander, bondo the shit out of it. Then get that bed truck liner and spray the entire inside of the jeep floor with it.  Problem solved!

Besides the holes in the floor help the rain drain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2014, 12:07:31 PM »
Get a rust sander, bondo the shoot out of it. Then get that bed truck liner and spray the entire inside of the jeep floor with it.  Problem solved!

Besides the holes in the floor help the rain drain.

Actually this stuff works really well on surface rust.

http://www.theruststore.com/Rust-Converters-P40C10.aspx?gclid=CMXnluaj6rwCFY-VfgodzHYAsA

In high school I also helped patch floorboards in an old Willys jeep using some handy galvanized sheet metal that the state helpfully places out in random intervals on the side of the road on poles.  So that's an option.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 01:01:44 PM »

http://www.theruststore.com/Rust-Converters-P40C10.aspx?gclid=CMXnluaj6rwCFY-VfgodzHYAsA

In high school I also helped patch floorboards in an old Willys jeep using some handy galvanized sheet metal that the state helpfully places out in random intervals on the side of the road on poles.  So that's an option.

If only there were someplace Uncle Sani could get metal fabricating done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 01:30:42 PM »
Not sure if I want to thank you for the advice or fuckin point and laugh?

Point and laugh, my wife does.  :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2014, 02:13:49 PM »
If only there were someplace Uncle Sani could get metal fabricating done.

Did I miss something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2014, 02:19:36 PM »
Did I miss something?

I think just that it's common knowledge that I love to liberate signage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2014, 03:19:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2014, 04:23:08 PM »

Its like a handy man....in a can.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE