Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anyone Follow HS Bazzetbaw?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Anyone Follow HS Bazzetbaw?
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:01:52 PM »
I love to take in a few local games every year and saw our two 6A teams, Dothan and Northview, battle for the district title this past Monday night.  Both teams will go to the sub-regionals with Dothan staying home to face Daphne and I think...can't recall specifically...NV goes on the road to play Baldwin County.  A few observations. 

I watched with amazement the athleticism on the court Monday night.  Half the game is played above the rim.  But I can't watch it and help but think, "My gawd, if these kids had a real coach."  Dothan won 90-73.  90 points is pretty damn stout in a HS game.  I promise if they had someone coaching them that actually knew how to teach an offense, they'd score 100+ every night. 

The offense for both teams consisted of the first available opening...or not...drive the rock to the rim.  Didn't matter if you were one-on-one or one-on-four.  Made bucket, throw it in and go as fast as you can to the other end and drive to the basket.  Missed shot, rebound, go as fast as you can and drive to the bucket... Both teams must have had 30+ turnovers.  What if....just thinking out loud here...what if you took those same great athletes and had them run an occasional pick and roll?  What would happen if those same kids ran some type of motion offense....or came off screens to square up for a 15 foot jumper....or ran a back door play once in a blue moon.  Nope, it's launch a 3 or drive to the hole one-on three. 

We all used to watch the Princetons and Vanderbilts of the world run these amazing offenses and say, "Well, they have to.  They're slow and white so they have to do something to even the playing field."  Yeah, I said white.  But what if you took high level athletes and had them run the same thing?  Look the frick out.  On a positive note, in addition to being very athletic, Dothan has some good height with a couple of 6'4" guys and one 6'6" player who has the best fundamentals of any HS player I've seen in a long time.  Only a 10th grader and this guy is damn good.  In fact, I was told Dothan doesn't have a senior on the team. One starting guard is The Governor, Franklin Williams' son.  Only a 9th grader. 

Anywho, anyone take in any HS hoops?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Anyone Follow HS Bazzetbaw?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 10:01:47 AM »
I'm having sex with your wife
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:44:56 AM »

While I'm at a HS basketball game
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:49:53 AM »
While I'm at a HS basketball game
Right now
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 10:58:04 AM »
Right now

I wondered why she wasn't answering her phone
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 11:21:38 AM »

His wife's in a coma
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 12:15:51 PM »
His wife's in a coma
She has been married to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »
She has been married to him.

Bazinga there, Sheldon
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 08:42:01 PM »
His wife's in a coma

Minimizes the bar tab.  You have to respect top level game like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 05:07:04 PM »
Speaking of HS Bassetbaw...Dothan is hosting the boys/girls regional tourneys at the spacious Dothan Civic Center.  Started today.  Gotta' check the time on tomorrow's games but it looks like St. Paul's will be inaction and they list one of the key players as Auburn football signee, Tre Williams.  If there's any way I can get down there to watch Mr. Williams play, I be goin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »
Speaking of HS Bassetbaw...Dothan is hosting the boys/girls regional tourneys at the spacious Dothan Civic Center.  Started today.  Gotta' check the time on tomorrow's games but it looks like St. Paul's will be inaction and they list one of the key players as Auburn football signee, Tre Williams.  If there's any way I can get down there to watch Mr. Williams play, I be goin'.

Keep us updated with a paragraph on how Williams looks and another 5 paragraphs on tales that have no relevance...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 10:50:04 AM »
Keep us updated with a paragraph on how Williams looks and another 5 paragraphs on tales that have no relevance...

No problem.  I'll try to take a few pics and add that to an in-depth report on.....heeyyy...wait just a damn minute...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 11:13:34 AM »
A shower pic or seven and a good BIL story should do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
So, I'm in the locker room shower taking pics of my BIL and.....

Just got back.  Watched 3 quarters of St. Paul vs. Eufaula.  You walk in the arena and go, "Oh, there's Tre Williams."  He's huge and I can't imagine what he's going to look like after a few months of Yoxer...err, who is our weight room dude again?  I saw where most recruiting sites had him at 230 and when he signed, he was listed at 217.  BS!!!  His neck weighs 217.  I guarantee he's as big as any LB we have on campus right now.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 02:53:44 PM »
So, I'm in the locker room shower taking pics of my BIL and.....

Just got back.  Watched 3 quarters of St. Paul vs. Eufaula.  You walk in the arena and go, "Oh, there's Tre Williams."  He's huge and I can't imagine what he's going to look like after a few months of Yoxer...err, who is our weight room dude again?  I saw where most recruiting sites had him at 230 and when he signed, he was listed at 217.  BS!!!  His neck weighs 217.  I guarantee he's as big as any LB we have on campus right now.   

Well...how did he play? Pretty athletic dude?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »
Well...how did he play? Pretty athletic dude?
JESUS CHRIST...there are just some things you don't talk about in public!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 03:27:30 PM »
He didn't do much the first couple of quarters.  3rd quarter, he scored 10, had several rebounds and had 2 mammoth blocked shots.  Get that shit out of here type blocks.  Hard to describe him any other way than a linebacker in a basketball uni.  He handles the ball well, smooth shot, but he's not going to go crossover dribble on anyone and beat em' to the rack.  He posts up and no one is going to keep him away from the basket. 

From what I saw of Cass McKinzy at practice, he looks to be built very much the same. Tree trunks for legs.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 07:04:45 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 12:24:31 PM »
From the al. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.  This is the game I was at yesterday.  The piece has video of Mr. Williams (Not in the shower) but I don't know how to download videos to FaceBook.

Regional in Dothan.
DOTHAN, Alabama - Tre Williams made his mark and earned his scholarship on the football field as one of the country's best linebackers.

The 5-star recruit is headed to Auburn this summer, but he played his part for the St. Paul's basketball team on Wednesday in its 62-54 overtime loss to Eufaula.

St. Paul's works the ball into Auburn signee Tre Williams with a chance to win the game late in regulation
 Williams, at 6-foot-3 and probably around 230 pounds, dominated the inside, scoring 19 points. Stats credited him with seven rebounds, but he probably had more than that. He also blocked at least five shots.

Williams said Auburn coaches gave their full blessing for him to play other sports, including track and field where he's a reigning state champion in shot put.

Williams, an Auburn football signee, scored 19 for St. Paul's.
 "It keeps me in shape and keeps me moving around," Williams said after the game. "St. Paul's did so much for me. I thought I should pay them back with my ability to play every sport I can.

"(Auburn coaches) told me to play. They wanted me to help my school and enjoy my high school season. It's going to be over just like that. In a couple of months, I'll be on Auburn's campus. They told me to enjoy it as much as I can."

Williams said he's already working out in preparation for Auburn and SEC football, and is eager to get started.

"I have to go out there and work my tail off to get at least close to where I need to be next year," Williams said. "I think about it every day. I asked my mom, 'Can I just enroll today,' just to get started. I'm just so ready for football. I need to get finished with St. Paul's, things like that, provide for my school. After that, it's time to be an Auburn Tiger."

Williams' high school basketball career is over, and he may not have the time for intramural basketball in college. He's also recovering from a slight MCL injury last football season, but issued this challenge.

"If anybody wants to challenge me (on the court), we can go at it," he said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 03:18:27 PM »
I love to take in a few local games every year and saw our two 6A teams, Dothan and Northview, battle for the district title this past Monday night.  Both teams will go to the sub-regionals with Dothan staying home to face Daphne and I think...can't recall specifically...NV goes on the road to play Baldwin County.  A few observations. 

I watched with amazement the athleticism on the court Monday night.  Half the game is played above the rim.  But I can't watch it and help but think, "My gawd, if these kids had a real coach."  Dothan won 90-73.  90 points is pretty damn stout in a HS game.  I promise if they had someone coaching them that actually knew how to teach an offense, they'd score 100+ every night. 

The offense for both teams consisted of the first available opening...or not...drive the rock to the rim.  Didn't matter if you were one-on-one or one-on-four.  Made bucket, throw it in and go as fast as you can to the other end and drive to the basket.  Missed shot, rebound, go as fast as you can and drive to the bucket... Both teams must have had 30+ turnovers.  What if....just thinking out loud here...what if you took those same great athletes and had them run an occasional pick and roll?  What would happen if those same kids ran some type of motion offense....or came off screens to square up for a 15 foot jumper....or ran a back door play once in a blue moon.  Nope, it's launch a 3 or drive to the hole one-on three. 

We all used to watch the Princetons and Vanderbilts of the world run these amazing offenses and say, "Well, they have to.  They're slow and white so they have to do something to even the playing field."  Yeah, I said white.  But what if you took high level athletes and had them run the same thing?  Look the frick out.  On a positive note, in addition to being very athletic, Dothan has some good height with a couple of 6'4" guys and one 6'6" player who has the best fundamentals of any HS player I've seen in a long time.  Only a 10th grader and this guy is damn good.  In fact, I was told Dothan doesn't have a senior on the team. One starting guard is The Governor, Franklin Williams' son.  Only a 9th grader. 

Anywho, anyone take in any HS hoops?   

That style of play is the future of basketball.  Started with Rick Pitino at Kentucky who told his players not to shoot between 15feet and the three point line.  Now this D-League team is taking it even further, no shots between 5feet and the three point line.  And they're winning and doing it with the blessing of their affiliated NBA team.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.