Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Dangerous Mind - Are thoughts criminal?

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
A Dangerous Mind - Are thoughts criminal?
« on: February 04, 2014, 02:35:43 PM »
This is a long article, but very interesting.  The TL;DR version is that a NY cop joined an online group called Dark Fetishes and talked in graphic detail about how he wanted to kidnap, strangle, rape and eat women he knew. His wife found the postings on their home computer and called the FBI - he was arrested and found guilty.

But read this thing - he claims it was all just fantasy - an outlet - that he would NEVER have done any of those things.  He was only charged with conspiracy, because he and another guy on the board were talking about kidnapping a particular woman - but the jury could not see past his thoughts.

The discussion is:  back in the day, people could sit around and think the most horrific things they wanted and no one knew they were thinking those things until they put them into action and a crime had been committed.  But in this day and age of oversharing on the innerwebs, when is "written thought" actionable?  People on this board say and do things they would NEVER say or do in real life, for one reason or another, but where do you draw the line between reality and fantasy?

Just read it - very Orwellian.

http://nymag.com/news/features/cannibal-cop-2014-1/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:41:00 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: A Dangerous Mind - Are thoughts criminal?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 02:39:51 PM »
The TL;DR version is that a NY cop joined an online group called Dark Fetishes and talke din graphic detail about how he wanted to kidnap, strangle, rape and eat women he knew.
Wait it isn't normal to think that way.  Oh fuck!

Also is that the order he wanted to do it in? Seems he also had a penchant for necrophilia.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:42:46 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 02:44:28 PM »
To answer the original question, seems like he needs a mental hospital more than a jail cell, those are some pretty fucked up thoughts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 02:58:50 PM »
Legally speaking, the crime of conspiracy that he was charged with isn't anything new, nor is the manner in which he was convicted for it.  If two or more people sat around talking about how they wanted to kidnap X person back in 1978, that could be enough to establish an agreement to commit a crime.  In some jurisdictions, that alone is enough for a conspiracy conviction, although many jurisdictions also require that one of the conspirators make an "overt act" that is a step toward execution of the crime (such as Googling "how to kidnap a woman" or e-mailing details about how the kidnapping would take place, like this guy did).

You can think about anything horrific that you want to, and thinking it alone is not a crime.  But if you speak about it with other people, and you speak about it in a way that can be deemed as an agreement to perpetrate a criminal act, then it becomes a conspiracy, which has been around in common law for centuries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 02:59:22 PM »
To answer the original question, seems like he needs a mental hospital more than a jail cell, those are some pretty fucked up thoughts.

This right here^^^.  Get his ass off the computer and off the streets before he and the other dude carry it out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 03:18:53 PM »
IT RUBS THE LOTION ON IT"S SKIN OR IT GETS THE HOSE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 03:25:37 PM »
IT RUBS THE LOTION ON IT"S SKIN OR IT GETS THE HOSE.
Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me so hard.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:28:55 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »
Legally speaking, the crime of conspiracy that he was charged with isn't anything new, nor is the manner in which he was convicted for it.  If two or more people sat around talking about how they wanted to kidnap X person back in 1978, that could be enough to establish an agreement to commit a crime.  In some jurisdictions, that alone is enough for a conspiracy conviction, although many jurisdictions also require that one of the conspirators make an "overt act" that is a step toward execution of the crime (such as Googling "how to kidnap a woman" or e-mailing details about how the kidnapping would take place, like this guy did).

You can think about anything horrific that you want to, and thinking it alone is not a crime.  But if you speak about it with other people, and you speak about it in a way that can be deemed as an agreement to perpetrate a criminal act, then it becomes a conspiracy, which has been around in common law for centuries.
I am sure this is good advice but I find it really difficult to keep my mouth shut when I'm planning to eat a woman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 03:48:45 PM »
I can think of a few women I would love to eat.  Oh wait...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
I am sure this is good advice but I find it really difficult to keep my mouth shut when I'm planning to eat a woman.
They are all red on the inside...wait...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 06:40:49 PM »
I can think of a few women I would love to eat.  Oh wait...

I think we've already heard enough from somebody else about that particular activity.  In detail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.