Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official 2014 NSD Thread

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Official 2014 NSD Thread
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2014, 03:06:14 PM »
You ain't got no problem, Chazz. Gus is on the motherfucker. Go back in there, chill the fuck out and wait for the Roc who should be coming directly.

About what we usually do?  Not really.  During Tuberville's time we were usually middle of the pack.  A few splashes (Carnell Williams, Ben Obamanu some defensive guys here and there) but it wasn't a "win the stars battle or bust" thing.  And we did pretty okay. 

Chizik (and Malzahn) realized that we had to do that star battle thing a little bit and we started getting consistent top tens.  Done pretty okay with what we have. 

I'm not unhappy at all.  We got pretty much every legitimate target on our board except for that douche-eating, lying sack of yak scat who was playing us the whole time for his father's perverted amusement. 

What you've got to understand is that the star thing is rigged.  I've explained all that before as to how I know for absolute sure it's a scam, but I promise you it is.  Stars are designed to benefit certain programs. Kids are bumped up or down to satisfy the people who buy the magazines and pay the subscriptions. 

If X program "looks" at a recruit that's worth a star.  We're NEVER going to win that.  Ever.  It's not designed for us to do so.  They create a self-fulfilling prophecy so that people who flock to the sites are satisfied because the schools they support are the ones that get ratings bumps for "looking" at players. 

Look at the class signed by A&M.  Would you REALLY trade the kids we have for the ones they got?  Or Tennessee?  Got 431 kids on the board so they can claim recruiting momentum.   Would you swap a single player Auburn signed for one of theirs?  I wouldn't. 

So..... again...

You ain't got no problem, Chazz. Gus is on the motherfucker. Go back in there, chill the fuck out and wait for the Roc who should be coming directly.
You had me at You!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2014, 03:08:10 PM »
Now Rivals has updated the commitment board for AU to include the latest 4* Williams and 4* Russell.  They haven't updated the rankings but that should get us ahead of Florida to 7th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2014, 03:09:57 PM »
Yes, please to be splaining why FSU can sign 30 and UT 31.  I thought that shift got stopped several years back.
SEC has a rule on oversigning, not ACC. NCAA rule is you can't have more than 85 on scholarship.

UT can sign 31 because of those 31...14 are early enrollees meaning they had that room under the 85 and those kids were JUCO types or graduated from school early, these are the kids that signed back in mid January.  They have 18 from today, just like we do.  We had 5 early enrollees.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:11:54 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »

About what we usually do?  Not really.  During Tuberville's time we were usually middle of the pack.  A few splashes (Carnell Williams, Ben Obamanu some defensive guys here and there) but it wasn't a "win the stars battle or bust" thing.  And we did pretty okay. 

Chizik (and Malzahn) realized that we had to do that star battle thing a little bit and we started getting consistent top tens.  Done pretty okay with what we have. 

I'm not unhappy at all.  We got pretty much every legitimate target on our board except for that douche-eating, lying sack of yak scat who was playing us the whole time for his father's perverted amusement. 

What you've got to understand is that the star thing is rigged.  I've explained all that before as to how I know for absolute sure it's a scam, but I promise you it is.  Stars are designed to benefit certain programs. Kids are bumped up or down to satisfy the people who buy the magazines and pay the subscriptions. 

If X program "looks" at a recruit that's worth a star.  We're NEVER going to win that.  Ever.  It's not designed for us to do so.  They create a self-fulfilling prophecy so that people who flock to the sites are satisfied because the schools they support are the ones that get ratings bumps for "looking" at players. 

Look at the class signed by A&M.  Would you REALLY trade the kids we have for the ones they got?  Or Tennessee?  Got 431 kids on the board so they can claim recruiting momentum.   Would you swap a single player Auburn signed for one of theirs?  I wouldn't. 

So..... again...

You sendin' the Roc? Shiiiiit Kaos, that's all you had to say!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »
Can you smeeel-l-l-l-l-l what the Roc is cookin'?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2014, 03:14:44 PM »
Can you smeeel-l-l-l-l-l what the Roc is cookin'?

DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:17:52 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2014, 03:16:53 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2014, 03:19:08 PM »
BTW 247Sports has us at #6...I'm gonna go wit dat number....#6!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »

DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Listen up, jabroni.  Finally, the Roc has come back to Auburn, Alabama
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
BTW 247Sports has us at #6...I'm gonna go wit dat number....#6!
Why do I keep seeing #5, but keep hearing #6?

http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/TeamRankings

Am I looking at the wrong list?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2014, 03:26:34 PM »
SEC has a rule on oversigning, not ACC. NCAA rule is you can't have more than 85 on scholarship.

UT can sign 31 because of those 31...14 are early enrollees meaning they had that room under the 85 and those kids were JUCO types or graduated from school early, these are the kids that signed back in mid January.  They have 18 from today, just like we do.  We had 5 early enrollees.

So they're basing their "recruiting win" on 31 players.  Who cares?  Squeaky Fromme is still their coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2014, 03:27:27 PM »

I think you are having problems with the format.  I'll call someone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2014, 03:43:17 PM »

No your list is updated they bumped us up...or bumped aTm down.  We were 6 when I posted that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Ogre

« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2014, 03:53:33 PM »
So here is how the SEC fared with their overall rankings:

1.  Bama
4.  LSU
5.  Auburn
6.  Texas A&M
7.  Tennessee
8.  UGA
9.  Florida
13.  Ole Miss
22.  Kentucky
23.  South Carolina
30.  Arkansas   :haha:
37.  Mississippi St   :haha:
39.  Mizzou
44.  Vandy

I am surprised to see Missouri so low after winning the East.  It's also a testament to our conference that our bottom dweller (sorry VV) is ranked in the top 50. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2014, 03:56:31 PM »
No worries.  VV has been a bottom dweller for years.  And his team doesn't rank very high either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2014, 04:10:43 PM »
Braden Wood Smith.. Confidence.  He has it.

from teh . I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. of the al

The biggest Signing Day addition of Auburn's 2014 recruiting class chose the Tigers based on one premise.

Braden Smith saw opportunity where others didn't.

Only the second offensive lineman to commit to an Auburn team that lost only one starter off of the nation's most dominant unit in 2013, Smith, the nation's top remaining uncommitted offensive lineman heading into National Signing Day, thinks he can contribute quickly under the tutelage of offensive line coach J.B. Grimes.

"The reason I chose Auburn was the great opportunity there," Smith said. "Now that Greg Robinson left for the NFL, it provides a great opportunity for me to come in and get better, get a chance to play early."

Smith, at 6-foot-6, 290 pounds, is already incredibly strong, a recruit who made a splash after a YouTube video was posted of him bench-pressing 515 pounds three times, could play either tackle or guard at Auburn. According to 247Sports, Smith is the No. 3 guard prospect in the country.

And Smith saw something in Auburn's style of play in a hurry-up, no-huddle offensive scheme that ran the ball 71.9 percent of the time last year.

A powerful road-grader, Smith liked what he saw out of Auburn's offense after also considering Texas A&M and TCU.

"Of course, the style of offense they run is very similar to ours," Smith said. "I think I'll pick it up pretty fast."

Smith's recruitment started late in the process.

Auburn didn't really start recruiting Smith, an Under Armour All-America participant, until December, but the Tigers secured an official visit and built a relationship with Smith, whose sister throws the shot put at TCU.

"I love all the coaches there, they're top-of-the-line people, very genuine," Smith said.

Smith will have a tough time cracking the lineup in 2013. Four starters return -- only Robinson is gone -- and the Tigers have been grooming two possible tackles in former right tackle Patrick Miller and Robinson's backup, Shon Coleman, a player Grimes thinks has great potential.

On the inside, though, Auburn will lose both center Reese Dismukes and right guard Chad Slade after next season, opening up spots on the interior.

And Smith knows he's given himself a challenge by deciding to face SEC defensive linemen.

"Just going to the SEC, you've got to get ready for all the quick people and all the toughness," Smith said. "It's just a grind in the SEC. You're going against the best of the best."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2014, 04:19:05 PM »
They think it still burns us and tarnishes our year when they do it.  It was tough with Cyrus and Yeldon.  Now?  Whatever.  We all saw it coming. 

I take solace in the fact that one day, their group of assholes will experience the decline of their program.  I do believe it has started already, but if it hasn't, one day, Saban will retire or die of old age or his schtick will quit working.  Then the Evanses and Fosters and Koundjiros will get to sit back and reflect on their decision to participate in being an asshole on a declining program instead of being a contributor at a program that doesn't need undefeated seasons every year to feel content

Further, I sincerely believe that Saban is scrambling in his office right now and will do so until next season, and if I am right, he will continue to scramble until he decides to retire.  Johnny Manziel lit up his defense.  Gus Malzahn lit up his defense.  Oklahoma lit up his defense. 

He's been figured out.  He hired Lane Kiffin to create a competitive offense because he knows his defense is getting punched in the mouth.  I do not believe for one second that his dictator-type personality will protect him from falling just like Tuberville.  He thinks about his defense first and foremost, and it's going to cost him.

Cliff note version.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2014, 04:48:39 PM »
When is the Spring game. I'm ready for some AU foosballz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »
Braden Wood Smith.. Confidence.  He has it.

from teh . I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. of the al

The biggest Signing Day addition of Auburn's 2014 recruiting class chose the Tigers based on one premise.

Braden Smith saw opportunity where others didn't.

Only the second offensive lineman to commit to an Auburn team that lost only one starter off of the nation's most dominant unit in 2013, Smith, the nation's top remaining uncommitted offensive lineman heading into National Signing Day, thinks he can contribute quickly under the tutelage of offensive line coach J.B. Grimes.

"The reason I chose Auburn was the great opportunity there," Smith said. "Now that Greg Robinson left for the NFL, it provides a great opportunity for me to come in and get better, get a chance to play early."

Smith, at 6-foot-6, 290 pounds, is already incredibly strong, a recruit who made a splash after a YouTube video was posted of him bench-pressing 515 pounds three times, could play either tackle or guard at Auburn. According to 247Sports, Smith is the No. 3 guard prospect in the country.

And Smith saw something in Auburn's style of play in a hurry-up, no-huddle offensive scheme that ran the ball 71.9 percent of the time last year.

A powerful road-grader, Smith liked what he saw out of Auburn's offense after also considering Texas A&M and TCU.

"Of course, the style of offense they run is very similar to ours," Smith said. "I think I'll pick it up pretty fast."

Smith's recruitment started late in the process.

Auburn didn't really start recruiting Smith, an Under Armour All-America participant, until December, but the Tigers secured an official visit and built a relationship with Smith, whose sister throws the shot put at TCU.

"I love all the coaches there, they're top-of-the-line people, very genuine," Smith said.

Smith will have a tough time cracking the lineup in 2013. Four starters return -- only Robinson is gone -- and the Tigers have been grooming two possible tackles in former right tackle Patrick Miller and Robinson's backup, Shon Coleman, a player Grimes thinks has great potential.

On the inside, though, Auburn will lose both center Reese Dismukes and right guard Chad Slade after next season, opening up spots on the interior.

And Smith knows he's given himself a challenge by deciding to face SEC defensive linemen.

"Just going to the SEC, you've got to get ready for all the quick people and all the toughness," Smith said. "It's just a grind in the SEC. You're going against the best of the best."

I like this kid, he's a full growed man, strong as a bull, and from that video of him in the weight room I would guess he's at 15% body fat or less meaning (to me) he's not an Andre Smith slug but will be able to keep up with the HUNH.

Plus I read an article where his favorite hobby is gardening which he does in whiskey barrels in his backyard.  Which is awesome.

“I reseeded our backyard last fall and told him he wasn’t going to be able to grow anything back there anymore,” David said. “He was kind of depressed about that, so we came up with the idea to cut some whiskey barrels from Home Depot in half and planted them all over the backyard.”

Braden grows watermelons, pumpkins and cantaloupe.

“And he’s actually had quite a bit of success with that,” David said. “He put them out where they’d get good sun, and he tends to them every day.”

Making certain that his mom, Jane, remembered to water his plants was Braden’s primary concern during the 700-mile trek to work out for Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban.

“He called every day about that — ‘Did you water? You didn’t water too much, did you?’” David said. “I have no idea where it came from. One day, he just started a garden, but it requires discipline, and that’s right up his alley. He’s very meticulous and organized.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/09/05/4460654/olathe-south-senior-braden-smith.html#storylink=cpy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2014, 06:00:30 PM »
Strong as an ox.

All about discipline.

Momma likey...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions