Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I'm grateful to Evans

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
I'm grateful to Evans
« on: February 05, 2014, 03:50:32 PM »
Seen people everywhere saying "be classy" and "react to his decision like an Auburn man/woman and wish him well no matter what his decision."   

Well you know what?  At no point during his recruitment (at least the vast expanse of it to which the public was made aware) did Rashaan Evans or his father behave like Auburn men. 

For that reason I'm glad he's gone.  No matter his talent, he's the sort of person I don't want on a team I support.  I honestly don't care if he's the next Lawrence Dick Taylor Butkus, if he wins five straight Lombardi Awards, six Heismans and the $5000 bonus round on Match Game 75.  I'd rather be a solid program that has the potential for greatness than a so-called dynasty if having people who handle things in the manner Evans and his family did is the price you have to pay to get there. 

I was disgusted by the continual attention-whoring by his father, appalled at the "dance fo yo dinner" antics at his grandfather's party and completely put off by the disingenuous behavior of the last few days. 

It was a direct slap in the face to potential future teammates to personally invite two Auburn signees to his signing ceremony and then turn his back on the college they chose.  What purpose was there to having them attend if not to shove his selfish whore act in their faces?

It is the act of a coward and a liar to call the coaches of one program and tell them you decided to sign with them and then do something different when the cameras are on. 

I don't care how much better Alabama may be on the field with Evans there, Auburn is better off without someone like that around. 

Those who know me will confirm that I have been against signing this puffed up wad of hyperbole since early January.  I don't want cancer.   Rashaan himself may be a decent kid, but the dad is a cancer.  Apples don't fall too far from trees. 

Our rivals will mock the "didn't want him anyway"  nature of this commentary, but the fact remains that I'm grateful this particular lying turd went where he belongs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: I'm grateful to Evans
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 04:44:25 PM »
You is on fire today. Amen brother. Keep on preaching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 08:01:22 PM »
Yup, right there with ya Kaos. I should've taken the hint that he's best friends with Reuben Foster, that tells me all I need to know about the type of kid he is and if he continues to hang with Reuben, he'll probably be in trouble soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 11:15:27 PM »
Those who know me will confirm that I have been against signing this puffed up wad of hyperbole since early January. 

That's true. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 02:09:05 AM »
Alan Evan's Facebook post right after Rashaan committed to uat...

"DId y'all see it fb we headed to T-Town RTR lol"

https://www.facebook.com/alan.evans.12576?id=100003787809361
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:18:46 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 08:45:48 AM »

https://m.facebook.com/alan.evans.12576?id=100003787809361&_rdr

One day hopefully his son will see that he was merely used by an insecure pops to get his 15 mins of fame that he feels he never got.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 09:05:25 AM »
One day hopefully his son will see that he was merely used by an insecure pops to get his 15 mins of fame that he feels he never got.

Yeah his dad was worried about retaliation from Auburn fans. Really? Because we are the fan base known for retaliation.  :bs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 09:34:23 AM »
Yeah his dad was worried about retaliation from Auburn fans. Really? Because we are the fan base known for retaliation.  :bs:

I think there will be retaliation. Its just that we do that sort of thing with our wallets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 09:38:40 AM »
I think there will be retaliation. Its just that we do that sort of thing with our wallets.

There's more than enough REC money to cover that, I assure you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 09:43:42 AM »
There's more than enough REC money to cover that, I assure you.

I doubt that. When folks look at a house they are interested in and then tell their agent that they would prefer to not do business with Evans Realty, it will make a dent.

As word gets around, homeowners will stop using them. It may not make as big a difference in student housing, since space in that area is at a premium. But if.when my kid goes there, I will steer them away form Evans. How many other legacy parents are thinking the same thing. 

If the kid had just been quiet and made his decision, I think it would not have ruffled so many feathers.

The dance monkey dance thing really got the goat of many old school money alumni!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 09:45:50 AM »
I doubt that. When folks look at a house they are interested in and then tell their agent that they would prefer to not do business with Evans Realty, it will make a dent.

As word gets around, homeowners will stop using them. It may not make as big a difference in student housing, since space in that area is at a premium. But if.when my kid goes there, I will steer them away form Evans. How many other legacy parents are thinking the same thing. 

If the kid had just been quiet and made his decision, I think it would not have ruffled so many feathers.

The dance monkey dance thing really got the goat of many old school money alumni!

What does Peyton Manning have to do with this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 10:14:24 AM »

https://m.facebook.com/alan.evans.12576?id=100003787809361&_rdr
LOL, WTF BBQ!

That smug fuck grinned and chuckled and yelled R--- T--- with conviction as soon as fuckboy pulled out the hat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 10:17:31 AM »

Agree. He wanted to be a villain and troll.

He'll now be treated like a villain and troll.

However, as TheSix alluded to, I'm sure that was considered before he put himself out there in such a way. Expect more "house-sitting" jobs for parents of kids who transfer their kids to Auburn high to later be "stolen from our own back yard".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 10:20:26 AM »