Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Was I the only one that took offense to theCoke commercial during the super bow?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Seriously, here's the "offensive" commercial.

What exactly pisses you off about that? That other languages are spoken in this country, ever? My in-laws speak primarily Spanish around their own house. What are you guys advocating? Locking them up for that? It just makes them bad people in general?

Or are you pissed that there are other cultures besides Anglish speakin' white folk (who were represented in the commercial as well) that are allowed to live in the nation proudly known as The Melting Pot?

Don't care what they do in their own home.  But out in public, dealing with the public?  I want to hear English.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
I don't ever want to hear another stinking word about "bed-wetting libs just waiting for an opportunity to be offended."

A fucking Coke commercial?  Jesus, it's like I'm sitting here playing cards with my brother's kids or somethin.

Why Johnny Tyler! You madcap!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Or do other countries really teach their residents to sing America The Beautiful in their language?

I think this about sums it up:

http://www.caintv.com/the-problem-with-the-coke-ad-y

I take offense to the fact that you spelled "offense" with a C.  This is fucking America.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
I take offense to the fact that you spelled "offense" with a C.  This is fucking America.
SPEAK AMERICAN MOTHERFUCKER!

Oh, and by the way...
It's the official language of the United States of America, by damn.
You know this is patently false, don't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
SPEAK AMERICAN MOTHERfudgeER!

Oh, and by the way...You know this is patently false, don't you?
What? Are you a freaking patent lawyer? This goobly gook isn't English. That's all we need to know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Don't care what they do in their own home.  But out in public, dealing with the public?  I want to hear English.

America the Beautiful was written in ENGLISH to be sung in ENGLISH for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

To insinuate that people sing THAT song in other languages is ASININE.

To all of you with relatives that speak different languages in their home, ask them if they sing AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL in their old country's language.

And I mentioned the writer being a woman because it was insinuated by by someone that ONLY white conservative males were offended.

Take a video of your relatives singing this song in their old language and I'll recant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!

Sorry. I work with Brits daily. They influence me too much at times.

And they don't sing America the Beautiful in any language.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

I can't wait until the Super Bowl is played in London and they sing the Star Spangled Banner in whatever devil-inspired language they speak over there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
SPEAK AMERICAN MOTHERFUCKER!

Oh, and by the way...You know this is patently false, don't you?

By law, yes. Culturally, no.

America has always been predominately an English speaking country.

I have no issue with people from different backgrounds singing this song. After all, we are a melting pot. People singing it in the predominate language from where they came from rather than the predominate language of where they currently are is not what I desire to see, especially with America the Beautiful. And no that doesn't make one a racist.

Part of assimilating into any country or society that allows it, is learning the common language of that place as soon as you can. And merging into the existing culture while perhaps adding a bit of your own to it. 

I'm not offended by it. I just didn't care for how it was done. It would have been great to have some little kids - white, Latino, black, Asian and any others all together singing it choir style - in English. That would have been a true representation of America, how people assimilate into it and the melting pot that it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
I can't wait until the Super Bowl is played in London and they sing the Star Spangled Banner in whatever devil-inspired language they speak over there.

Have you ever been there?

I bet your sweet ass they do not sing along...IN ANY LANGUAGE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Surely they have somebody who speaks American over there, so maybe this won't be a problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

America the Beautiful was written in ENGLISH to be sung in ENGLISH for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

To insinuate that people sing THAT song in other languages is ASININE.

To all of you with relatives that speak different languages in their home, ask them if they sing AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL in their old country's language.

And I mentioned the writer being a woman because it was insinuated by by someone that ONLY white conservative males were offended.

Take a video of your relatives singing this song in their old language and I'll recant.

Larry Elder calls it white on white resentment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!

I have no issue with people from different backgrounds singing this song. After all, we are a melting pot. People singing it in the predominate language from where they came from rather than the predominate language of where they currently are is not what I desire to see, especially with America the Beautiful. And no that doesn't make one a racist.

Part of assimilating into any country or society that allows it, is learning the common language of that place as soon as you can. And merging into the existing culture while perhaps adding a bit of your own to it. 

I'm not offended by it. I just didn't care for how it was done. It would have been great to have some little kids - white, Latino, black, Asian and any others all together singing it choir style - in English. That would have been a true representation of America, how people assimilate into it and the melting pot that it is.

Oh no no! You racist old conservative white man. YOu have just offended my Swahili relatives. They sing this songs in their native tongue of clicks and clacks every day before they go gnu hunting. Why do you hate them so?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

Surely they have somebody who speaks American over there, so maybe this won't be a problem.

I'm sure the English would be all for some Chinese people singing God Save the Queen in mandarin during the English Premier League championship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

I guess I just didn't see where Coke was pushing that we shouldn't expect people to learn how to communicate in English.

It's not like there's a real resentment towards learning it.  Hell, on the 15 minute drive to my son's daycare, I pass by four places that advertise English classes for Spanish-speakers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
I'm sure the English would be all for some Chinese people singing God Save the Queen in mandarin during the English Premier League championship.

Or in Arabic, or Hindi!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Ever notice how when English peoples (From across the pond) sing a song, you can't tell what kind of accent they have?  Take One Direction, for example.  I absolutely wore out their first CD before someone told me they ain't from around here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

Ever notice how when English peoples (From across the pond) sing a song, you can't tell what kind of accent they have?  Take One Direction, for example.  I absolutely wore out their first CD before someone told me they ain't from around here.
some, yeah. Then others are obvious. Like Phil Collins or Rick Astley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
I guess I just didn't see where Coke was pushing that we shouldn't expect people to learn how to communicate in English.

It's not like there's a real resentment towards learning it.  Hell, on the 15 minute drive to my son's daycare, I pass by four places that advertise English classes for Spanish-speakers.

Did you read the article. They weren't pushing that. It was just like the author said, it was a removal of identity.

These things happen subtly and the next thing you know, we as a nation are questioning who we are. We KNOW who we are and where we come from. many sacrifices were made for the American way of life. that is what was a bit offensive. They tried to redefine who we are as a country.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!

Hmmm. Story of my life...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions