Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Softball

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Auburn Softball
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:51:10 AM »
I know many of you probably don't care about the softball program that much, but I do.  This past week was the first time since I think 2010 that AU has been nationally ranked, and the team almost beat a top 10 FSU team yesterday.  Up next is #4 Oregon.  I absolutely love the Coach Myers hire, and can't wait to get my oldest daughter down to AU for his softball camp this summer.  WDE!  BTW, my oldest daughters goal is to play softball for AU!

By Phillip Marshall
 AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. – A sizzling line drive that turned into a double play. A drive that was almost a walkoff home run.  Auburn’s softball team was that close, but No. 9 Florida State escaped Jane B. Moore Field with a 5-4 victory Wednesday night.

The No. 25 Tigers fell 5-0 after three innings at Jane B. Moore Field, but they rallied for four runs in the fifth inning and threatened in the sixth and the seventh. Sophomore pitcher Lexi Davis rebounded from three shaky innings to shut the Seminoles down over the final four innings.

Auburn fell to 13-2-1. Florida State improved to 14-1.

First-year coach Clint Myers, who took Arizona State to seven of the last eight College World Series, said he was proud of the effort.

“I thought we showed great character,” Myers said. “I’m not disappointed. We fought. We didn’t make an error. We didn’t beat ourselves. There are a couple of things we have to do a little better. We have to stay with our plan, but we had chances to win that ballgame, several times. We hit the ball pretty hard. If we can go up and have at-bats like that and learn from it, I think it was a good life lesson.”

Leading off the fourth, freshman Jenna Abbott, making her first start, drove a 2-1 pitch over the right field fence for Auburn’s first hit off Lacey Waldrop. It was Abbott’s third home run in six at-bat. Kasey Cooper’s run-scoring single and Branndi Malero’s two-run double cut the Seminoles lead to a single run.

With the bases loaded in the sixth, Emily Carosone smashed a line drive right at second baseman Tiffani Brown, who threw to first to double up Tiffany Howard and in the inning.

In the seventh, after Melero singled with two outs, centerfielder Courtney Senas ran down McKenzie Kilpatrick’s drive on the warning track to end it.

“We’re not going to make excuses,” Myers said. “We lost. But what I tried to get across to them was what we did well. When we play Oregon on Friday, we start there. We know what we need to do. We should have won. Look at the balls we hit hard, but they were right at people. We didn’t make any luck tonight. Good teams make their luck.”

Malero and Abbott had two hits apiece for Auburn. Davis took the loss on the mound falling to 7-2. She gave upfive runs on seven hits, striking out six and walking six. She gave up just one hit over the final six innings.

“I had a little tough time adjusting to the strike zone,” Davis said. “I had to do it. It’s definitely hard, especially when you are throwing strikes and they aren’t giving them to you. We had to try to work around it.”

The Tigers will leave Friday for Orlando and the Diamond 9 Citrus Classic. They ill play Oregon on Friday.

“If we can come back and play well against Oregon, this was a good life lesson,” Myers said. “We learned. We tell them every day two things are going to happen. You are going to get better or get worse. I think we got better tonight.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Auburn Softball
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 10:58:42 AM »
I know Kasey Cooper.

So, there's that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 11:50:34 AM »
I know McKenzie Kilpatrick’s mom, granddad, grandmom, etc..

So there's that!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:36:09 PM »
I think the girls are cute running around in their shorts...

So there's...wait...that is soccer...never mind...

I got nothing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »
They're all Lebanese anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 01:43:03 PM »
They're all Lebanese anyway.

No, I think most of those girls were raised in the...oh, wait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 01:49:36 PM »
Back in the Mesazoic Era when I was at Auburn, a friend of mine went out for and made the softballz team.  Said she went to a party for all the players and it only took her a few minutes to realize everyone of the players except her were carpet munchers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 04:22:29 PM »
Back in the Mesazoic Era when I was at Auburn, a friend of mine went out for and made the softballz team.  Said she went to a party for all the players and it only took her a few minutes to realize everyone of the players except her were carpet munchers.
I like to eat lunch down at the Y.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 04:35:44 PM »
It's fun to stay at the Y.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 04:45:49 PM »

Guess its me but I seem to only stay for a minute or two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »

You can get yourself clean. You can have a good meal.  You can do whatever you feel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 05:06:42 PM »
You can get yourself clean. You can have a good meal.  You can do whatever you feel.

Me and you must visit different Y's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 05:09:52 PM »

It's a cat bath
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 08:39:57 PM »

He was referring to the little bird bath afterwards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 08:40:33 PM »

After your muff diving class of course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 09:59:14 PM »
Three straight no-hitters.  10-1 in last 11 games for Auburn softball team. 

ESPN Top Play yesterday.

Crazy. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 05:50:03 PM »
The wimmens won 2 of 3 at #10 Kentucky this weekend.

They are 31-6-1 so far this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

chinook

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 06:13:45 PM »
The wimmens won 2 of 3 at #10 Kentucky this weekend.

They are 31-6-1 so far this season.

I think this was the first time ever taking a series from a team ranked in the top 10. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 10:50:10 AM »
The Lady Tigers made the regionals!

AUBURN, Ala. — Branndi Melero and her softball teammates watched the NCAA Selection Show on Sunday night and were officially told what they were heard from their coach all along. 

Auburn is a NCAA Tournament team under new coach Clint Myers.

"Coaches always told us we're here to win championships. We're going to go," Melero said. "Coach's big thing: Our destiny. Our destiny, obviously, came out our way."

The Tigers learned their destination when ESPNU told them they were assigned to the Minneapolis Regional to open tournament play against North Dakota State at 4 p.m. Friday. Host Minnesota will play Wisconsin-Green Bay at 6 in the double-elimination tournament.

It was more celebration for Auburn, which has a turnaround 39-17-1 record, is returning to NCAA tourney play after a one-year hiatus and watched the selection show just minutes after the team banquet in which Melero was named the MVP.

Auburn had the best RPI in the last rankings among the teams in Minneapolis. The Tigers were 15th, Minnesota was 17th, North Dakota State was 51st and Green Bay was 120th.

Auburn's 39 wins are second in the regional to Minnesota, which is 41-9. North Dakota State is 35-16 and Green Bay is 27-12.

Myers has won nine national championships in college softball and baseball, so he knows his way around tournaments. He's happy enough to be in the tournament, though it didn't escape him that the winner of the Minneapolis Regional is paired with the Eugene Regional, where No. 1-overall seed Oregon will play.

Auburn should be well tested for tournament play. Eleven SEC teams are in the tournament.

Count Auburn in.

"Postseason is about playing the best teams," Myers said. "I don’t know much about Green Bay, but the other two I know they’re good programs. We have to go out there and play good softball with the opportunity to go play Oregon in Eugene. It’s postseason. Whoever lines up with you, you have to play.

"We’re going to have to play Auburn softball if we’re going to have any kind of chance."

Auburn did that for most of the season. 
"We’re very proud of what this team has been able to accomplish," Myers said.

"We can play with anybody when we do the things we're capable of. We're not going to make excuses."

Myers said he's not surprised 11 SEC teams made the NCAAs because "it could easily have been 12. The SEC is such a strong conference.

"It just shows the caliber of teams that play each and every week."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions